Losmeister

NY Rangers reboot 2019-20

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No further review of the Trouba check, NHL officials deemed it a clean full body hit.

As it should be. Hockey is a contact sport, no matter how much the new media "elite" try to change it.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

As it should be. Hockey is a contact sport, no matter how much the new media "elite" try to change it.

Agreed, and as Sam Rosen pointed out, he should not have to defend himself for making a clean hit.

The league should consider suspending guys who jump guys for making good checks.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Nice

doctor flying knee GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No further review of the Trouba check, NHL officials deemed it a clean full body hit.

I was flipping between the Rangers and Islanders TV feeds last night, mostly on the Islanders one and oh boy, are they home town commentators over there.  The Trouba hit was not only a clear "head shot" but he also left his feet and... a dirty play against defenseless player.  I guess they missed the part where he had the puck.  A trifecta no less.   Also the disallowed goal was clearly nothing to do with the player backing into the crease because "he was pushed in".... It was completely nuts.... the replay was going in slow motion clearly showing the Islander was not pushed at all until after the "goal" went in and even then he was pushed by the defenseman from the side and out of the crease.  I guess he got in there by magic in the first place.

I do get the frustration with their team having so much of the play especially in the first period and ending the period down by one.

Suck it Islanders.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Agreed, and as Sam Rosen pointed out, he should not have to defend himself for making a clean hit.

The league should consider suspending guys who jump guys for making good checks.

Not sure I buy that.  Clean hit or not (it was), Pageau was just sticking up for his new team mate.   I would like to think Rangers players would do the same if the situation was reversed.

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Not sure I buy that.  Clean hit or not (it was), Pageau was just sticking up for his new team mate.   I would like to think Rangers players would do the same if the situation was reversed.

I can see sticking up for your teammate if he gets cheap shot. No need to jump a guy for making a clean hit, when you can return the favor legally, it's hockey.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I can see sticking up for your teammate if he gets cheap shot. No need to jump a guy for making a clean hit, when you can return the favor legally, it's hockey/  

Agree to differ on this.  Pageau had a split second and no benefit of replay to decide whether or not to stick up for a teammate and so I have no issue with his response in the spur of the moment.  Obviously it doesn't hurt him to set the tone in his own locker room with that action too but the play on the ice did not have the feel of such a calculated move.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Agree to differ on this.  Pageau had a split second and no benefit of replay to decide whether or not to stick up for a teammate and so I have no issue with his response in the spur of the moment.  Obviously it doesn't hurt him to set the tone in his own locker room with that action too but the play on the ice did not have the feel of such a calculated move.

Pageau obviously thought the hit was high, and I can understand his actions, but you see players jumping guys for big hits too many times.

Sometimes it's obvious the hit is clean and it still happens.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Pageau obviously thought the hit was high, and I can understand his actions, but you see players jumping guys for big hits too many times.

Sometimes it's obvious the hit is clean and it still happens.

If anyone even breathed on #99 back in the day.  clean or not those guys were going to catch a severe beating and everyone in hockey knew it.  The Oilers kept Dave Semenko on staff for just that purpose.  I watched the Broad Street Bullies documentary a few years ago and the same was apparently true for Bobby Clarke.  Heck the Flyers even told a story about how one year their top draft pick finished a check on Clarke in preseason practice one day and he got sent to the hospital as a reward.  My sense is that there is far less of that in the NHL than there used to be but it is not zero either.

I do have to say that it was kinda funny how the 5'9" Pageau  jumped the 6'3" Trouba.

Speaking of which.... Home and home against the Flyer this weekend.  We have not looked good against them in a while.  They are also hot right now and so that is a stern test.

6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If anyone even breathed on #99 back in the day.  clean or not those guys were going to catch a severe beating and everyone in hockey knew it.  The Oilers kept Dave Semenko on staff for just that purpose.  I watched the Broad Street Bullies documentary a few years ago and the same was apparently true for Bobby Clarke.  Heck the Flyers even told a story about how one year their top draft pick finished a check on Clarke in preseason practice one day and he got sent to the hospital as a reward.  My sense is that there is far less of that in the NHL than there used to be but it is not zero either.

I do have to say that it was kinda funny how the 5'9" Pageau  jumped the 6'3" Trouba.

Speaking of which.... Home and home against the Flyer this weekend.  We have not looked good against them in a while.  They are also hot right now and so that is a stern test.

Flyers are going to be tough. 

22 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

We have so many games against metro teams coming up so we can make up a ton of ground. Have to win these games.

We also have 3 games in hand on Columbus who's just riddled with injuries.

Rangers gotta keep winning, maybe with Shesterkin back we can make a run like St. Louis did last year with Binnington.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

We also have 3 games in hand on Columbus who's just riddled with injuries.

Rangers gotta keep winning, maybe with Shesterkin back we can make a run like St. Louis did last year with Binnington.

For at least a few weeks though Georgiev and Hank are going to have to step up big time. Lundqvist is 38 he may as well just leave it all out on the ice for this playoff push. 

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

For at least a few weeks though Georgiev and Hank are going to have to step up big time. Lundqvist is 38 he may as well just leave it all out on the ice for this playoff push. 

Georgiev to start against Montreal.

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Georgiev to start against Montreal.

No surprised. They’ve been going with the hot hand all season. 

12 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

No surprised. They’ve been going with the hot hand all season. 

Not only that, but Georgiev has been better against the Islanders and Candiens.

• Upvote 1

A little concerned here that they might come out flat against a Montreal team that maybe they feel that they "should beat".

Nothing i can put my finger on exactly.  Quinn is saying all the right things but a bit like the unease I felt before the San Jose squeaker last week and with the Flyers home and home coming up this weekend  I would hate to undo all the good work that got us where we are now.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, EM31 said:

A little concerned here that they might come out flat against a Montreal team that maybe they feel that they "should beat".

Nothing i can put my finger on exactly.  Quinn is saying all the right things but a bit like the unease I felt before the San Jose squeaker last week and with the Flyers home and home coming up this weekend  I would hate to undo all the good work that got us where we are now.

Last time we played them was that huge comeback game.

Adam Fox was playing out of his skin tonight.

• Upvote 2

5 in row, 9 of 10, 9 straight wins on the road. (Franchise record was 7)

Bread 11 game point streak, Mika 9 games, 6 game goal scoring streak.(Tied for longest in league this year)

Georgie is playing lights out.

Rangers hottest team in the league.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

5 in row, 9 of 10, 9 straight wins on the road. (Franchise record was 7)

Bread 11 games point streak, Mika 9 games, 6 game goal scoring streak.(Tied for longest in league this year)

Georgie is playing lights out.

Rangers hottest team in the league.

And a real good test coming up too.  I was hoping for 3 points from these three games but now I think we can aim higher.  Maybe occupying a WC spot as early as next week

• Upvote 1

Missed the game but read the box score. That line with Strome and Panarin work so well together. Fox and Lindgren as well

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

And a real good test coming up too.  I was hoping for 3 points from these three games but now I think we can aim higher.  Maybe occupying a WC spot as early as next week

2 points behind Columbus with 2 games in hand. 5 behind the Flyers with a home and home starting tomorrow night.

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Missed the game but read the box score. That line with Strome and Panarin work so well together. Fox and Lindgren as well

Fox and Lindgren are our top pair, both rookies.

Quinn had Panarin with Mika and Fast tonight after Panarin had 0 shots thru 2 and they clicked.

If hank is going to get any starts at all i would think it would be on the tail end of a back to back like tonight.  You know that Georgie is young and hungry for whatever playing time he can get.  Obviously he is the hot hand as well.   Interesting to see if that happens.

Also does Buchnevich dress for the game tonight?

I friggin love this team. 

Youngest team in the league and they are playing out of their minds right now.

Huge back to back with the Flyers Friday and Sunday. Philly is 5 points ahead of them. 

Let's go boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I friggin love this team. 

Youngest team in the league and they are playing out of their minds right now.

Huge back to back with the Flyers Friday and Sunday. Philly is 5 points ahead of them. 

Let's go boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team has me pumped. There exciting young and playing well. 
Masterful job by the FO to get meaningful hockey back in a 2 year span, after a nice 7-8 year run before. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

If hank is going to get any starts at all i would think it would be on the tail end of a back to back like tonight.  You know that Georgie is young and hungry for whatever playing time he can get.  Obviously he is the hot hand as well.   Interesting to see if that happens.

Also does Buchnevich dress for the game tonight?

Georgie is starting, no word on Buchy yet.

32 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Georgie is starting, no word on Buchy yet.

Wow.... Hank is pretty deep down the depth chart in that case.

Still, the hot hand and all that.  Cannot argue with Quinn's decisions up until this point.  Coach of the year contender for sure.