Jet9

Packers' profit drops 98% to $724,000, hurt by losing

The Packers situation is something we don't have to worry about and take for granted-  the Jets are Top 10 in the NFL in terms of value and wealth generation.  Even in bad seasons we are #1 in the AFC in attendance, #2 in the entire NFL which is a credit to our fanbase and the loyal supporters of this team.

While all teams have the same cap and same rev share of TV money and merchandising, only the financially successful teams can afford world class training facilities, big salaries for coordinators and coaches, fringe benefits like luxury hotels and generous relocation packages.  It's part of the reason why the Jets are an enticing destination for NFL talent.  So good job Jets Nation.  The part of the experience that we control is a well-oiled machine, one of the best in the NFL.

SAR I

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s got to be the reason we haven’t won shilt in 50 years.  Has to be. 

We came closer than all but a handful of teams from 1997 to 2011.  In that 15 year span, the New York Jets:

Had 12 non-losing seasons.
Had 10 winning seasons.
Made the playoffs 7 times.
Played in 14 playoff games.
Won 7 playoff games.

That's without a franchise quarterback.  That's with Chad Pennington and Vinny Testaverde each missing half of the seasons they were signed to start. 

The Jets did a lot of winning in the Pats dynasty era.  And we're going to do a lot of winning in the upcoming Jets dynasty era.  The fact that we are a wealthy franchise with a healthy and supportive fanbase went a long way back then and will go a long way right now.  The likes of the Bills and Dolphins are an absolute joke compared to the Jets the last 20 years.  This SOJ defeatist victim attitude has to stop.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades.

In order to win Championships in the NFL you need to have a strong fanbase producing the revenue, a strong ownership willing to overspend on non-cap areas, a strong front office who can spot and attract talent, and a strong coaching staff who can develop young players and create gameplans to maximize the roster that has been built.

Merely saying that the Jets aren't some clown car as the media has brainwashed so many into thinking.  In the Johnson era, we have had more success than 20 other NFL teams which bodes well for our future.  You can dismiss this if you wish.  But you shouldn't.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Lombardi trophy equals success, everything else is just a degree of bearability. 

I'm a 45 year Yankee fan, you don't need to preach Championships-are-everything.  I get it.

I am referencing that the Jets have a stable ownership group who has already shown a 15 year period of consistent competing.  No, we didn't win a Lombardi.  But compared to other NFL franchises trying to find their way we have proven that we have the capabilities already and that's literally half the battle.

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company