Packers' profit drops 98% to $724,000, hurt by losing

Jet9

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s got to be the reason we haven’t won shilt in 50 years.  Has to be. 

We came closer than all but a handful of teams from 1997 to 2011.  In that 15 year span, the New York Jets:

Had 12 non-losing seasons.
Had 10 winning seasons.
Made the playoffs 7 times.
Played in 14 playoff games.
Won 7 playoff games.

That's without a franchise quarterback.  That's with Chad Pennington and Vinny Testaverde each missing half of the seasons they were signed to start. 

The Jets did a lot of winning in the Pats dynasty era.  And we're going to do a lot of winning in the upcoming Jets dynasty era.  The fact that we are a wealthy franchise with a healthy and supportive fanbase went a long way back then and will go a long way right now.  The likes of the Bills and Dolphins are an absolute joke compared to the Jets the last 20 years.  This SOJ defeatist victim attitude has to stop.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We came closer than all but a handful of teams from 1997 to 2011.  In that 15 year span, the New York Jets:

Had 10 winning seasons.
Won 7 playoff games.

That's without a franchise quarterback.  That's with Chad Pennington and Vinny Testaverde each missing half of the seasons they were signed to start. 

The Jets did a lot of winning in the Pats dynasty era.  And we're going to do a lot of winning in the upcoming Jets dynasty era.  The fact that we are a wealthy franchise with a healthy and supportive fanbase went a long way back then and will go a long way right now.  The likes of the Bills and Dolphins are an absolute joke compared to the Jets the last 20 years.  This SOJ defeatist victim attitude has to stop.

SAR I

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades.

22 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades.

In order to win Championships in the NFL you need to have a strong fanbase producing the revenue, a strong ownership willing to overspend on non-cap areas, a strong front office who can spot and attract talent, and a strong coaching staff who can develop young players and create gameplans to maximize the roster that has been built.

Merely saying that the Jets aren't some clown car as the media has brainwashed so many into thinking.  In the Johnson era, we have had more success than 20 other NFL teams which bodes well for our future.  You can dismiss this if you wish.  But you shouldn't.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

In order to win Championships in the NFL you need to have a strong fanbase producing the revenue, a strong ownership willing to overspend on non-cap areas, a strong front office who can spot and attract talent, and a strong coaching staff who can develop young players and create gameplans to maximize the roster that has been built.

Merely saying that the Jets aren't some clown car as the media has brainwashed so many into thinking.  In the Johnson era, we have had more success than 20 other NFL teams which bodes well for our future.  You can dismiss this if you wish.  But you shouldn't.

SAR I

Lombardi trophy equals success, everything else is just a degree of bearability. 

On 7/13/2019 at 6:49 AM, T0mShane said:

The Packers have always used fuzzy math. I recall after they won their Super Bowl it was a big story that they only made, like, eight mil on the year. 

The Green Bay Packers are a publically owned non profit organization.  Non profits are governed under strong financial regulations,  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Lombardi trophy equals success, everything else is just a degree of bearability. 

I'm a 45 year Yankee fan, you don't need to preach Championships-are-everything.  I get it.

I am referencing that the Jets have a stable ownership group who has already shown a 15 year period of consistent competing.  No, we didn't win a Lombardi.  But compared to other NFL franchises trying to find their way we have proven that we have the capabilities already and that's literally half the battle.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Again, I'm not talking about the past.  I am referencing a stable ownership group who has already shown a 15 year period of consistent competing.  No, we didn't win a Lombardi.  But compared to other NFL franchises trying to find their way we have proven that we have the capabilities already and that's literally half the battle.

SAR I

The past, Mets fan too?

Had 10 winning seasons.
Won 7 playoff games.
SAR I

I agree. From the time from when Parcells took over through the the 8-5 record in 2011 the Jets (although they never won a championship)were one of the better teams in the league. Making three conference championship games over that period is definitely better than average.

Of course, the last 7 seasons have definitely been wanting. However, I agree that the constant "woe is me" attitude that some display is too much. Complain all you want ‐ it's a free country. However, if you want to play the "poor Jet fan me" card all the time you might as well switch allegiances. The days where you have to root for the team near where you live are long gone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Bunch of stupid malarky.

The number means something else. They're more than fine.

If that were true, Jets would be doing way worse. No  one knows  where the money comes from or where  it goes.

The nfl is run by people  who can simply type a number on the screen and claim it as their money to do their bidding. 

What did they do? Unionize, price themselves out of the labor market, drive manufacturing to zero-accountability polluters like Brazil, Mexico, and China, and damage the planet? OK. Actually, you are correct.

I say, let 'em crash. 
Yeah unionizing was the reason manufacturing jobs left America.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It’s impossible not to make a ton of money  running an NFL franchise due to revenue sharing and the fact that the major capital investment—stadiums—are publicly-funded. Sounds like an IRS audit is long overdue.