jetsman1

Hopeful article about Darnold

On 7/13/2019 at 3:39 PM, FidelioJet said:

Be careful, the Gase police will be coming after you. 

Didn't you know he was an offensive genius?  He should not be judged on his actual performance - his failures were everyone else fault.

Really. 

Not what ex players say.

Not why Manning says.

Cutler.

just throw it out there that he should have let the injured Tannehill throw it all over the place.

And listen to the same old whining by Fidelio.  Every thread, every day, all day.  Don't have anything to say, call those who don't agree or who understand the game the "Gase police". Lol, so cute.  Then imagine and throw out as fact that having an injured QB for the majority of his 1 out of 3 stops is blaming his "failures" on everyone else.  

Amazing

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Agree with you about Allen and the running last year, but he also has the strongest arm of the QBs taken last year in my opinion. He’s very wild with it though. When you look at their seasons though, there wasn’t much to separate him and Darnold.

And Browning Nagle had at worst the same type arm as Allen. Somehow never developed.  

Darnold has 85+% of his arm, can make every throw, never comes up short on his ability to hit a pass.  The rest of their games Darnold is ahead of Allen in every area other than running forward for yardage.  More importantly Darnold is better in the pocket, better at sliding around the pocket and in just about every way that you should judge a QB. 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Every time I read one of your posts on the topic of Gase, I start hearing you singing this song in the back of my head.....

Thankfully, in just a few months, we will all be able to evaluate Gase and his performance for ourselves, on our team, with a very talented offense led by a great young developing QB prospect and one of if not the best RB in the NFL.

We won't have to argue over if Gase's past.  We'll all have Gase's present to think about instead. 

So me, Manning , Cutler, Tannehill, Tebow, pretty much anyone who talks about Gase and offensive mind leads you to this PGabrial song?

i cant begin to tell you what think about when you talk QBs.  Darnold weak armed QB, lol, whos arm you compared to Chads.

Thats just a start and thankfully in your eyes only.  Funny you have no problem lecturing real live fans for watching or wanting watch pressers by players, our new HC and GM. 

From the respone, In You Eyes only.  So back off sparky

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's even better when the video is literally in your post, so I can play it while reading your......yeah, lol.

Go ahead, is this somehow funny? 

On 7/14/2019 at 8:13 PM, 14 in Green said:

I know this is a popular theme here when defending Sam. You’re right, not a lot of talent on O or the CS for Sam. But that argument is useless when comparing him to Mayfield.

Baker went from a horrible coach in Hue Jackson, to a in season replacement (Freddie Kitchens) whose inexperience is being touted here by almost everyone as a reason why the Browns will be bad this year. You can’t have it both ways, sorry. Bakers coaches sucked also. So stop with the “well Sam had bad coaches stuff.”

As far as talent, please. The Browns won what? One game in two years before Baker? They were 0-2 again last year and down 14-0 when Baker came off the bench week 3 and led them to a win against the Jets.

Again, you can’t have it both ways.The only change in the team that won once in 34 games, then suddenly went 7-6-1 was Baker Mayfield. So stop with the “he had better talent stuff.”

Baker had a record breaking year. He was better then Sam. It wasn’t even close. Sorry. There is no way for anyone to logically argue this fact. You might LIKE Sam more, or FEEL he may become the better player, but he wasn’t better last year.

Hugh Jackson was/is a horrid HC but he's always been a very good offensive coordinator.  That's not what you get with Bowles.

Then you can't say the Browns had horrible coaching and turn around pointing to their record and blame it on talent.  Not really fair

youre right though, Baker had a better year, no denying it.  Still think Sam is and will be the better long term QB, which is different than who had a better year one

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It is to me, and that's really all that matters tbqh.  

Pretty much most of what you think is wrong so...

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What is "more than elite"?

Think it's more about where th ball is delivered, the duress it's delivered under and not the childlike reliance on completion percentage which is kind of meaningless to anyone who understands the game.  

Which means you are screwed

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So an incomplete well delivered ball > a completed pass on a slightly lesser well-thrown ball.

Got it.

And using completion percentage as a metric for accuracy is "meaningless and childlike". 

Silly facts like stats are for losers anyway, right?  Got it.

I wonder if we should invent some new words to better describe Darnold's far-beyond-elite'ness when it comes to his superhuman accuracy.... 

Yes, if you're discussing accuracy.  

Your view.  Darnold throws 15 well delivered passes to a WR.  Hits him in his hands, in stride, perfect ball.  All 15 are dropped by the WR, comp. % = 0.00, Darnold is the leagues worst, most innacurate passer. 

15 ducks, thrown all over the place, not one well delievered ball, WR makes 15 crazy, diving, lunging catches, comp % in this case is 100% and somehow you think hes now more accurate.  Easy as it gets to read stats

So yes, comp percentages on their own are "meaningless and childish".  Simplistic beyond belief and proof that yes some stats on their own are silly.  

100% true.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Then it would seem a reasonable, logical counterpoint would be to cite NFL drop pass stats showing that Darnold's pass-catchers had somewhere near the most-dropped passes in the NFL last year.  I would certainly accept that as a valid counter-argument in regards to accuracy discussion.

Do you have a source to support any such claim, that Jets WR dropped alot of passes last year compared to the rest of the league?

Also, just to be clear, what you posted was pure hyperbole.  Fantasy even.  We're talking about Pro QB's, not people throwing "15 perfectly delivered balls, all dropped" or "15 ducks, all caught by great WR's".  

Lets stick with facts, shall we?  If drops played a material part in Darnold's 31st ranked completion percentage, then the drop stats should show that out.

Nice spin.

My whole point was to show why comp percentage is a totally useless way to judge accuracy.

But, hey, let's make believe that it's you sticking to facts.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'm done if you're going to argue for no reason at all.  Every word I posted was dead on.  And for some reason that's problematic for you. 

Amazing that anyone would argue that comp. Perc. On its own denotes accuracy. 

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Think it's more about where th ball is delivered, the duress it's delivered under and not the childlike reliance on completion percentage which is kind of meaningless to anyone who understands the game.  

Which means you are screwed

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, if you're discussing accuracy.  

Your view.  Darnold throws 15 well delivered passes to a WR.  Hits him in his hands, in stride, perfect ball.  All 15 are dropped by the WR, comp. % = 0.00, Darnold is the leagues worst, most innacurate passer. 

15 ducks, thrown all over the place, not one well delievered ball, WR makes 15 crazy, diving, lunging catches, comp % in this case is 100% and somehow you think hes now more accurate.  Easy as it gets to read stats

So yes, comp percentages on their own are "meaningless and childish".  Simplistic beyond belief and proof that yes some stats on their own are silly.  

100% true.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

What spin?  You claimed drops was the cause of his low comp. %, I asked for the numbers that prove it.  Seems pretty straightforward.

Except it's not.  But to repeat, you're entitled to your opinions.

I wish.....

No one said "on it's own".  It's the best and most well-known metric that measures accuracy.  Not the only metric.  

Find me a single post where I talked about drops were th cause of Darnolds comp percentage.  I'll stand corrected.  Here's a hint, it doesn't exist, I never said it.

Comp percentage on its own doesn't mean I said dropped passes are an excuse, I never mentioned them at all.   I clearly said you have to look at it all, where ball is delivered, the duress it's delivered under.  The childlike reliance on completion percentage means exactly what it said.  It is kind of meaningless all by itself to anyone who understands the game.  

You told me my point that and accurate dropped pass is punished while an inaccurate pass, caught in a great play is celebrated if you go by comp percentages only and you're really having a hard time accepting or admitting that it's perfectly true.

Not fantasy world 🌎, as you also claimed

You don't even know how to argue sparky. 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

No matter how we spin it, every QB faces the same decisions, and has the same (or similar) issues of drops and saves.

That is why comp % is a generally accepted base metric for how accurate a QB is......or was, till now.  

What were you smoking or drinking when you wrote this? 

Wait I thought you just said comp % on its own isn't what you said.  

Now it's generally accepted. 

Whats it tomorrow? LOL

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you say so. 

How about I do us both a favor then:

Goodbye Nut.  Dealing with your mostly incoherent and inconsistent yet always aggressive and angry ranting and raving is just too tiring for me these days.  While trolling you if occasionally fun, it's not that fun.

Enjoy the season.

So the littl baby with the tough guy name of WARfish starts a f'n multipost argument with me over a simple to understand, for anyone who can process ideas, that there is a lot more than completion percentages to judge accuracy.  Spins into all different angles so that this baby can continue to argue without addressing a simplistic point that no one else is struggling with.  

I make the statement, he argues I'm wrong and then accuses others of trolling him. A true baby on the intervened, on a public forum, who usually posts like this.  I'm incoherent, I'm inconsistent, raving, and "angrily ranting".   I'm right and a troll. LOL

How do you fix it?  You run away.  Don't let the door kick you on the way out.  

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And JN is already lookin' better! :yahoo:

Let me guess, lots of angry whining and E-manhood-chest-puffery because I won't waste my time engaging with a troll and a nutcase anymore.

Guys, let me fill you in on a little something...I don't judge my life based on how much time I waste with you two chuckleheads on a daily basis.

You've both called me dumb, fine.  Me ignoring your posts should make you both happy, as it's very much going to make me happy. 

It's a win/win really.  

P.S. Completion percentage is still a good metric for QB accuracy.  Bye! \\:D/

Shop this it's what @warweenie does.

1.  Make a statement, post it

2.  Post gets a response

3.  Turns into @warwhiner and complains that you responded on a public, open forum that you responded.

4.  Run away and out you in ignore for no apparent reason. 

5.  Guess what is written by someone he placed on ignore.  Being his name up. 

6.  Makes believe he can't just click the button to read my post.

7.  Makes false accusations like he did this because he has been insulted.

8.  Rinse, repeat by reposting the same simplistic, wrong, line about comp percentage being an indicator of accuracy. 

Maybe we all get lucky and @warsensitive puts everyone in ignore.

Bye

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company