Sign in to follow this  
BettyBoop

With the number XX pick in the 2020 draft, the New York Jets select...

10-18 

Bumper crop for WR's.  Jerry Jeudy being the best from Bama but he'll go higher.  A few promising OL.  I'd say OL, left or right tackle. Our GM loves OL and I'm sure he's aware of a glaring weakness and I expect him to go bananas with OL next draft and FA, maybe make a play for the Dallas OL Laell Collins who should pop loose due to Dallas' cap sitch having to sign Dak, Zeke, MLB and their CB.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I want Jerry Jeudy or a top o-lineman, but I don't want to be bad enough to get the pick for them.

Realistically I'd say around 16-24.

• Upvote 1

The jets will win a minimum of 10 games next year so ill say we will pick 20.  We will take a reciever or oline.

OL and CB are going to be dire, red-flag needs next offseason. Maccagnan left the cupboard bare. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I see us at 8 or 9 wins best case scenario, with 6 maybe 7 wins more likely. I’m not sure where that would put us, maybe around 12-15?

I think our need going into next season are obvious, and unfortunately the same ones we had at the end of last year.

OL

Center

CB

a #1 WR, hopefully with some size

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OL and CB are going to be dire, red-flag needs next offseason. Maccagnan left the cupboard bare. 

This.

17 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

32nd pick :)

Just dream baby.....

i seriously doubt they will get the 32nd pick.  the new jersey tpk is out of rest stops to name for gase.  but i can certainly see them in the upper 20's.  at that draft place it will be oline.

Early mocks have them picking between 9 and 18 taking OT Little or a CB/WR. 

I’m thinking around 10 with them taking an OT or CB. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

i seriously doubt they will get the 32nd pick.  the new jersey tpk is out of rest stops to name for gase.  but i can certainly see them in the upper 20's.  at that draft place it will be oline.

Well we can certainly do with out a James Fenimore Cooper  (who ever the hell he might be) rest stop, so that seems like the perfect place for Gase.  :)

23 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Well we can certainly do with out a James Fenimore Cooper  (who ever the hell he might be) rest stop, so that seems like the perfect place for Gase.  :)

Ahh, the days when Natty Bumpo was a household name are clearly over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ahh, the days when Natty Bumpo was a household name are clearly over.

so your into Leatherstocking Tails, not that there's anything wrong with that.

:)

• Haha 1

I’m down to suck for Jeudy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God what a bunch of depressing downers you guys are LOL

For god's sakes, we can dream a little can't we?

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’m down to suck for Jeudy. 

But will Judy be down to su... uh, never mind

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, flgreen said:

i was thinking they could replace molly pritchard

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

But will Judy be down to su... uh, never mind

Honestly, if it meant getting to watch Sam Darnold throw to Jerry Jeudy for the next 15+ years, lets just say I'd have a very open moutttth..errr....mind, very open mind.

• Haha 1

The Jets will have cap room.  CBs are usually available as FA.  The Jets will sign a CB.

I can see Douglas going BPA, with ties going to the OL.  

On 7/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets will win a minimum of 10 games next year

With playing the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles and Patriots twice. Also being swept by the phins last year and breaking even with the Bills in wins and losses 1-1, I am not sure I can agree with this.

We also play 2 potential teams who weren't playoff teams last year, who have the potential to be really good this year. (Raiders/Browns)

1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

With playing the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles and Patriots twice. Also being swept by the phins last year and breaking even with the Bills in wins and losses 1-1, I am not sure I can agree with this.

We also play 2 potential teams who weren't playoff teams last year, who have the potential to be really good this year. (Raiders/Browns)

I think the Raiders suck. 

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the Raiders suck. 

That's cool,

I hope you are right 

Double digits?

Pretty cocky lol 😀

On 7/14/2019 at 6:34 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets will win a minimum of 10 games next year so ill say we will pick 20.  We will take a reciever or oline.

Wouldn’t want to be your wife come December 

17 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

The Steelers lost Bell & Brown, plus their defense stinks & we get them at home. Jets have a good enough LBs to stymie Lamar Jackson, because Ravens WRs suck. Do the Eagles still have it? That's an old roster & Wentz seems to get tweaked every year. We get the Raiders at home traveling West to East for a 1:00 game. We get the Cowboys at home, I mean seriously you guys are chickens. The NFL isn't that great anymore, outside of the Patriots dominance upsets happen every week. The Bills blew out the Vikings in Minny last year. The Jets had the Texans on the ropes & Bowles/Rogers defense folded like a cheap suit. 

Jets schedule & short travel distances are an advantage this year. It's all about health on the Oline, WR & CB. We're thin but able without a rash of injuries. This offense should be able to put up some points, we haven't said that in years. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The Steelers lost Bell & Brown, plus their defense stinks & we get them at home. Jets have a good enough LBs to stymie Lamar Jackson, because Ravens WRs suck. Do the Eagles still have it? That's an old roster & Wentz seems to get tweaked every year. We get the Raiders at home traveling West to East for a 1:00 game. We get the Cowboys at home, I mean seriously you guys are chickens. The NFL isn't that great anymore, outside of the Patriots dominance upsets happen every week. The Bills blew out the Vikings in Minny last year. The Jets had the Texans on the ropes & Bowles/Rogers defense folded like a cheap suit. 

Jets schedule & short travel distances are an advantage this year. It's all about health on the Oline, WR & CB. We're thin but able without a rash of injuries. This offense should be able to put up some points, we haven't said that in years. 

• The Steelers still have a top 5 offensive line with John Connor healthy and Big Ben, they were one game out of the playoffs with all of those distractions, they will be back this year. 
  • Regardless of who plays wide receiver this year the Ravens had the number 1 defense last year. I expect a drop off with some missing pieces , but not much 
  • Eagles had basically if not the best, a top 3 OL last year and Carson Wentz will be healthy. With Jackson back there they are going to sling the ball around.

I am excited for this season and I see a turn around as well, I just don't see a minimum of 10 wins at least.  

On 7/14/2019 at 12:19 PM, BroadwayBen said:

Regardless of the pick it better be OL

We know Mac wouldn’t. But Douglas is the complete opposite of Mac, he actually values the OL like a responsible gm. I’d say 75% chance we go OL in first round since 08 💁‍♂️