Sign in to follow this  
flgreen

Henry Anderson

With all the talk about the Jets high draft picks on interior DL, IMO this is what an interior DL is supposed to be doing.  IMO Anderson is one of the best signings that Macc ever made 

TOJ New York Jets Film Review – Henry Anderson’s 2018 Season

Joe Blewett breaks down the film on Henry Anderson’s 2019 season

Joe Blewett breaks down the film on Henry Anderson’s 2018 season…

Video Player

00:00

00:06

H. Anderson (loose 3 on left side) stabs hard inside which freezes the LG’s feet but on that same step is working back outside paired with a chop of the outside arm. HA is then able to clear himself to rush/hit Stafford leading into the INT.

Video Player

00:07

Sack here from H. Anderson (2i on left) executes a gap exchange as the a-gap is getting looped into on a stunt. HA works into the opposite a-gap as he tries to lessen his body away from the contact of the center. HA works his left elbow up and through (OC lazy) and gets the sack.

Video Player

H. Anderson (3/4i on left) long legs and penetrates into the opposite a-gap pulling both the LG and OC to the right on this TT stunt. Allowing Leo to loop inside and pick up the easy sack. Would imagine HA in this role a lot in Williams defense this year.

Video Player

00:04

H. Anderson (loose 5 on right) leans into the punch of the LT. Even though the LT gets his right arm inside of Anderson. HA is able to get his left arm underneath, then extends and bull rushes with the long arm. QB gets rid of the ball fast (McLendon PD)

Video Player

H. Anderson (3 tech on right) goes against the LG with good leverage, hand placement and then extends him with his length. HA sees that Tyrod kept the ball on this IZ read option, sheds the block and partially get in on the tackle.

Video Player

H. Anderson (3 tech on left) is lined up in the b-gap but rushes off of the edge as the Jets run their ILB’s on a cross dog blitz. HA picks up on the o-lines movement and finds the RB. HA is able to match the rb and make an athletic tackle.

Video Player

00:05

H. Anderson (loose 1 tech on left) takes a lateral step as the ball is snapped paired with a club arm-over beating the center. The h-back picks up the block, HA lowers his shoulder, keeps his eyes into the backfield, fights through blockers and makes the tackle.

Video Player

H. Anderson (3 tech on right) attacks the LG as he sees the combo block coming. HA drops his right knee, gets low and turns his shoulder effectively lessening his body against the LT. Simultaneously HA pulls the LG, gets his hip square to find the RB and makes the tackle.

Video Player

00:13

H. Anderson sack on Bortles as he is lined up as a 4i tech as he rushes against the LG. Anderson throws his outside hand to deflect that outside hand of the LG. The LG gets into him but he uses circular force, extension with the left arm. Eyes on Bortles, shed and chase down.

Video Player

H. Anderson (0 tech) stabs hard to the left but rushes to the right as he defeats the centers left arm with a chop. Rushes against the RG who is still partially looking outside and is able to arm over him into Bortles path. HA is able to get his hands up for the PD.

Video Player

Broncos run zone out of this gun set, H. Anderson (2i tech on left) is on the backside of the run. HA moves with the LG, gets his hands inside of him with good leverage and extends. HA keeps his eyes into the backfield and as the RB cuts upfield Anderson wins the play side.

Video Player

H. Anderson (4 tech on right) is responsible for the b-gap. As the ball is snapped Anderson takes a lateral step while lowering his shoulder against the block of the LT. HA rips through and gets starts the tackle for loss on the goal line.

Video Player

00:03

H. Anderson (1 tech on right) has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the play but I just wanted to show off some of the quickness. As the ball is snapped he takes another lateral step as the OC uses a drop step with a left punch. HA pairs that step with a club. OC on ground.

Video Player

H. Anderson (4i tech on right) takes one hard step upfield with his left foot that propels him outside, paired with a chop of the outside arm of the LT. As the LT tries to get his left hand on twice after that, HA chops it down twice leading the the LT on the turf.

Video Player

Vikings run a step out of this 11 personnel gun set. H. Anderson (1 tech on left) is on the backside of this run but shoots the gap that the center vacates as the LG tries to cover the gap. HA gets his hands inside of the LG and then shows the athleticism on the chase down TKFL.

Video Player

Dolphins run a counter trey to the left out of this 12 personnel, tackle over gun set. H. Anderson (2 tech on left) works against the LG as he feels the TE coming on the combo. HA gets low with hands inside and uses circular force to move. Fights through two blocks with a rip..tk

Video Player

H. Anderson (4i on right) rushes into the b-gap against the LG. The LG opens his hips and shoots his hands, HA uses a double swipe to the hands which knocks them away. HA beats the LG but trips as he bends…..QB gets rid of the ball quickly.

Video Player

H. Anderson (5 tech on left) rushes up the arc and on his 3rd step he flips his hips to bull rush the RT. HA gets his hands inside, extends the RT giving himself a soft edge. HA then rips through, getting past the RT and gets the hit on the QB who got rid of the ball.

Video Player

H. Anderson (1 tech on right) is on the backside of this weak outside zone out of an 11 personnel singleback set. HA backdoors the LG who attempts to cut block Anderson, who gets his hands on to force into ground. HA then chases down the RB showing good athleticism.

Video Player

H. Anderson (2 tech on left) moves to his left at first as he is following the pulling LG on this one back power. HA sees the center blocking back and beast the block with a club arm-over and then is able to chase down the RB for the run stuff.

Video Player

Sack here by H. Anderson (loose 3 on right) but it was erased because of holding in the secondary. HA rushes against the LG, getting his hands inside then bulls with the long arm. Luvu (overlooked going into this year) trucks the LT and the LG switches and HA gets the sack.

Video Player

H. Anderson (2 tech on right) on the FG unit. HA arm overs the block of the LG and works into the a-gap. HA is able to slightly penetrate the a-gap and times the kick well. Anderson’s length comes into play as he is able to block the FG.

Video Player

00:09

H. Anderson (4i on left) gets a sack that shouldn’t have been a sack. HA rushes the LG at first as a part of this TE stunt. Anderson winds up rushing the LT with a long arm, HA then forks the outside arm of the LT getting past him. Gets the sack, even though Watson got out of it.

Video Player

00:13

Sack right before the first half ended for H. Anderson (0 tech) who ends up rushing the LG. HA gets his hands inside of the LG’s, as he is bull rushing he wipes away the outside arm of the LG taking away some of his power in his anchor. Arm-overs for the sack on Watson.

Video Player

H. Anderson (1 tech on left) lines up in the strong side a-gap but executes some gap exchange as he rushes against the RG. The center winds up coming over to help but Anderson is able to beat both blocks, showing good effort leading to another sack on Watson.

Video Player

H. Anderson gets in on the sack here with Leo as the Packers run a fake split zone with an orbit motion working opposite. Rodgers keeps the ball as Anderson works against the LT who he beats with a shove, then club/swipes the TE’s block and gets to Rodgers.

Video Player

Packers run a inside zone split out of this open I formation. H. Anderson takes on the center with good hand placement as he moves with the flow of the run. HA keeps his eyes in the backfield and as the RB cuts into the a-gap HA is able to get his outside arm free for the tackle.

Video Player

H. Anderson (loose 3 on right) beats the LG with a double swipe. HA then gets skinny through the b-gap, fighting through the partial block of the LG and gets the sack on Rodgers.

Video Player

H. Anderson (near 3 tech) engages the LG using his length to his advantage. As the LG tries to recover, HA keeps his eyes on the RB. The LG gets back on HA but Anderson is able to shed the block again with length and circular force. Gets the tackle on the RB.

Video Player

Last play of the H. Anderson (2i tech) review. HA is the looper of this TT stunt run with McLendon. As HA is looping around he picks up on the RB screen that the Packers are running. HA widens out and uses his length to get the PD on the screen.

• Upvote 1

It’s kinda weird how all our players are so awesome yet we draft so high every year. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Domino affect. Q.Williams frees Leo, that frees Anderson, Adams & Mosely blitz ability speeds everything up. Luvu & Copeland benefit on 3rd downs, Polite starts contributing in the 2nd half of the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s kinda weird how all our players are so awesome yet we draft so high every year. 

Hello hater our former head COACH was very stoic

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Domino affect. Q.Williams frees Leo, that frees Anderson, Adams & Mosely blitz ability speeds everything up. Luvu & Copeland benefit on 3rd downs, Polite starts contributing in the 2nd half of the season.

And we finally average above the NFL points average on O, yeah boy.

• Upvote 1

Here is a breakdown in pictures. Henry Anderson (first image) was a high-achiever athletically whereas Leonard Williams (second image) was bad athletically and Jamal Adams (third image) moves like a 275 lb defensive end you’d draft in the second round. Why am I including Jamal Adams in this reply? Because he #sucks.

30806731-E29A-4B7A-B1EF-50BE3E89606E.png

63776180-BB8C-4DC8-9FEF-E58A5ACC2803.png

D71B6B1C-8D13-4175-874F-9832D58810D3.png

• Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

2 hours ago, paulyjet said:

One of my favorite players. He never stops.

He and Darnold were my 2 favorite jets last year. Honorable mentions for Herndon,Williamson and Jamal. 

• Upvote 2

I heard on the Jets radio pregame that H Anderson didn’t do as well when asked to take more snaps. I don’t have the means/time to prove or disprove this statement. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Here is a breakdown in pictures. Henry Anderson (first image) was a high-achiever athletically whereas Leonard Williams (second image) was bad athletically and Jamal Adams (third image) moves like a 275 lb defensive end you’d draft in the second round. Why am I including Jamal Adams in this reply? Because he #sucks.

30806731-E29A-4B7A-B1EF-50BE3E89606E.png

63776180-BB8C-4DC8-9FEF-E58A5ACC2803.png

D71B6B1C-8D13-4175-874F-9832D58810D3.png

Always the whore for attention. You do it so well too.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Drums said:

I heard on the Jets radio pregame that H Anderson didn’t do as well when asked to take more snaps. I don’t have the means/time to prove or disprove this statement. Thoughts?

I haven’t heard or read any of that. From this video he has all the tools to play 3 downs considering he has the ability to blow a running play up and pass rush. I still think we see N.Shepperd taking some of his snaps if Nate has a good camp. 

13 hours ago, flgreen said:

Oh well, guess the video's didn't copy.  Here's the link.  worth while watching

http://turnonthejets.com/2019/07/toj-new-york-jets-film-review-henry-andersons-2018-season/

Cool post, 

Interesting to see how Anderson does in single coverage. Almost ever sack on this video Leo is doubled or the QB is moving away from pressure from Leo and finds Anderson. 

People love to post stats on how much Leo was doubled last year, I think Anderson might have even been doubled more, but it’s the plays that happen when Leo is doubled. About 5 of the 7 sacks Anderson gets is in single coverage while the line shifts to Leo. Without looking I am sure Jenkins sacks on film are similar. 

Thats not taking anything away from Anderson. He gets off the ball very fast for his size making him look faster then he is. High motor, rarely giving up on plays. 

This year Q can get more single coverage up the middle if Anderson can build on last years sack totals. Or he can find him self in more single coverage when The Williams get all the attention. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jetster said:

it works as long as johnson and roberts (or whoever) as well as maye can lock up the mid to long range receivers long enough.

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it works as long as johnson and roberts (or whoever) as well as maye can lock up the mid to long range receivers long enough.

It all starts up front

I think with our safeties and a new DC, who will put Roberts/Johnson in press coverage with a safety over the top or linebacker help in the middle, will help reduce the amount of quick pass plays we will give up. 

Our weakness is going to be depth at corner. Elite quarterbacks are going to target and pick on our number 3 and 4 corners. Reminds me a few years back when we had to put Antonio Allen from safety to corner.

Brady killed him all game long. Who we will be playing twice before week 7. 

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Henry Anderson. The reason we’re going to play everyone else out of position on defense this year. 

Quinnen Williams:  Highest-drafted Nose Tackle of all-time. 

• Haha 1