BROOKLYN JET

Remember when Gase got Macc fired?

I am just hoping for a show in the playoffs, Gase, Mase,Macc, Jack, Keorwhack. But, I feel yah.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Like when Arya killed the Night King 

I don't know what this is, but 5/15/2019 is a day that will live in infamy!

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

That was great, and should be perpetually celebrated!

Yeah, yeah. C’mon fess up.

This thread is really some elaborate plot for you and T0m to rag on joewilly!

Not that there’s anything wrong with that...😜

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

That was great, and should be perpetually celebrated!

Well almost every single sports news show said wrong timing. They couldn’t all be wrong - could they?🤪

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Remember that time like....

Such a shame he died so young.  Amazing talent. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Well almost every single sports news show said wrong timing. They couldn’t all be wrong - could they?🤪

Better late than never! #jetsy

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly like that, really...

Omg, it's not gonna happen...little hint that it might happen...crap this sucks, it'll never happen.....OMG! IT JUST ******* HAPPENED!!

• Upvote 2

this thread made Google news. First time I ever remember seeing an individual forum thread make the Google news feed. Pretty cool

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

this thread made Google news. First time I ever remember seeing an individual forum thread make the Google news feed. Pretty cool

This one. Like 100,000 forum threads here, over the past dozen-plus years, and this one makes Google News. 

Yeah that figures.

• Upvote 1

Too bad it had to come to this guy firing mac instead of the owner who should have done it at the same time as Bowles.

latest?cb=20170218101015

I hope Gase thanked him, he left him a loaded roster. 

• Upvote 1

I did not think Macc was that bad.

And if this team does well this year, he deserves a lot of credit because he put this roster together.

If Polite and QW turn out to be studs, he deserves credit too, b/c neither were no-brainers. QW SHOULD have been a no-brainer but there were a lot of people screaming for J.Allen or top O-lineman- regardless of who that is- or a trade down- regardless of the return.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

You're welcome.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This one. Like 100,000 forum threads here, over the past dozen-plus years, and this one makes Google News. 

Yeah that figures.

Brooklyn Jet is dominating!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nixhead said:

How long ago and utterly irrelevant that seems now. Panty-bunching is a psychiatric disorder.

If Joe Douglas turns out to be the real deal, who cares what month he was hired? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I hope Gase thanked him, he left him a loaded roster. 

Loaded?  No.  Especially not in the long-term.  We need to replace 3-5 of our starting OL spots by 2021.  Bell and Crowder aren't going to be here by 2021 either. 

And if we don't have a capable pass rusher or corners on this team, the Mosley signing and Quinnen Williams pick won't mean much on defense. 

In the annals of Jets GM firings, I still think this takes first place: 

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

I’ve haven’t been nearly as active posting since Mac got fired. I’m just very content and still glowing from it. I read the site constantly and I’m really excited about the future. I just don’t have the “urge” to post like I used to. I guess I have a long refractory period haha. 

Remember when Gase was  500 coach...4 yrs ago. The point is not Mac firing it is people celebrating Gase like he is a winning coach that has me confused

• Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is that like Dragons & Dungeons

16 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Remember when Gase was  500 coach...4 yrs ago. The point is not Mac firing it is people celebrating Gase like he is a winning coach that has me confused

Remember when people act like Eric Mangini is a good coach despite a career 33-47 record?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rammagen said:

I still have my doubts. For now, the fact that he got rid of Macc makes me root for him. 

I was totally pissed when we hired him. Now...I am always wrong about these freakin coaches.....So we got that going for us too.😁

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Remember when people act like Eric Mangini is a good coach despite a career 33-47 record?

you miss my point, the thing is we dont know what Gase is, beyond his record. let him coach and win a few a games before anointing him anything.

There is a fallacy he is a QB Guru with young qbs, when he has not worked successfully with a Young qb. He had one winning season with the fins.

That is what he currently is. A coach for franchise that is considered dis-functional. Crap in Atlanta the Fan here is still laughing at the timing of Macc getting fired this morning. That is what people outside of NYC are saying still. it will take yrs to get this corrected. Getting the right GM (I hope we did) is the first step. The next step is winning and seeing how the team handles controversy