James Bond is now a 25 year old black girl!?

On 7/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, Peace Frog said:

Lol at the faux racist outrage. 

Has nothing to do with race. 

Or even gender TBH. 

007 is...Bond...James Bond. 

Go make a flick spy chick movie. Set it in England. In MI-6. 

Why 007? 

PC just to shove PC down our throats.

If it does happen, I just hope she makes 75% of what Daniel Craig made.

Actually, 75% of what Roger Moore made.

Natalie Portman will now play Thor!? Not kidding..

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Natalie Portman will now play Thor!? Not kidding..

They’ve actually had a female Thor in the comics for quite some time. Jane has definitely been Thor but I think there was someone else at some point in time too. 

It’s weird watching people define these characters for themselves when the source materials say completely different. Some of the best works ever have been alternate takes on characters. Batman is Thomas Wayne, Superman crash-landed in Soviet Russia rather than America...etc. The only time this really ever seems to be a problem is when they make the alternate take a chick and for the most part the people that bitch seem to always be white dudes. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They’ve actually had a female Thor in the comics for quite some time. Jane has definitely been Thor but I think there was someone else at some point in time too. 

It’s weird watching people define these characters for themselves when the source materials say completely different. Some of the best works ever have been alternate takes on characters. Batman is Thomas Wayne, Superman crash-landed in Soviet Russia rather than America...etc. The only time this really ever seems to be a problem is when they make the alternate take a chick and for the most part the people that bitch seem to always be white dudes. 

Yeah but I'm black Irish

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Hey man let me make this clear on a serious note. This is about Legacy, it's about tradition. It's about the greatness of the great ones. There's only one Jackie Gleason. Did you enjoy the movie version of The Honeymooners? There's only one James Bond 007.. as it was written in Ian Fleming's books. There's only one Luke Skywalker, Mike Tyson, Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator, etc etc. Why remake The Goonies? Why didn't the Beatles reform without John Lennon or Led Zeppelin without John Bonham? How happy do you think the black community would be if he called some upcoming white boxer the next Muhammad Ali? Kurt Cobain was called the next John Lennon? Seriously man some things are better left untouched. Great people great works of art and the like. Little Orphan Annie wasn't a black girl LOL. And I like Bruce Lee just like he was. There's no reason for the sake of diversity to try to jam every race of person and every gender into every movie role or every biography. It's actually Reverse Racism and a money grab and a scam that in my opinion should actually be insulting to people. My point is just to let the great ones stay great some things just should be left untouched.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

This could be really interesting if they play it right. If her performance and character has enough intrigue it could spawn it's own set of sequels following this successor to Bond. How does the world go on without MI:6's most dangerous agent? How does the Bond formula change with someone else? Fast cars, cool gadgets stay the same but does the alcoholism and games of seduction alter?

I think it could be really healthy for the franchise if handled correctly. It's been running for over 50 years, when something goes on this long shakeups are needed to keep things fresh. Turning some of the tropes associated with the brand on their head with a female protagonist could be a nice layer to add to it's history. And when they're done they can reboot the whole shebang again, maybe have it be a cold war period piece or something.

Either way, this first test has to come out first. Craig is back for one last outing and to my understanding he's still the main lead with Lynch's character on the side, let's see what this actually looks like. 

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey man let me make this clear on a serious note. This is about Legacy, it's about tradition. It's about the greatness of the great ones. There's only one Jackie Gleason. Did you enjoy the movie version of The Honeymooners? There's only one James Bond 007.. as it was written in Ian Fleming's books. There's only one Luke Skywalker, Mike Tyson, Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator, etc etc. Why remake The Goonies? Why didn't the Beatles reform without John Lennon or Led Zeppelin without John Bonham? How happy do you think the black community would be if he called some upcoming white boxer the next Muhammad Ali? Kurt Cobain was called the next John Lennon? Seriously man some things are better left untouched. Great people great works of art and the like. Little Orphan Annie wasn't a black girl LOL. And I like Bruce Lee just like he was. There's no reason for the sake of diversity to try to jam every race of person and every gender into every movie role or every biography. It's actually Reverse Racism and a money grab and a scam that in my opinion should actually be insulting to people. My point is just to let the great ones stay great some things just should be left untouched.

I’m sorry this upsets you so much. Perhaps you could try reflecting on all of the joy that these make-believe characters brought you in the past and find some solace in that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Wait isn't this cultural appropriation? I for one am offended. Actually, I'm fine with a female Bond, I say they go further and write the character as gay, but she should have been hot (obviously physically attractive) as opposed to sort of manly (just my opinion) looking. A hot gay female Bond would have been just fine. They could have still employed Bond girls too.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

On the other hand, the Fleming books were pulp novel trash and all of the movies sucked but we remember them as being good because a Lotus turned into a submarine on screen and we all got our first erection. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’m sorry this upsets you so much. Perhaps you could try reflecting on all of the joy that these make-believe characters brought you in the past and find some solace in that. 

Yes I can't wait for the Rainbow Brite movie so we can please all the transvestites and the gay and lesbian bisexual community. Maybe Anakin Skywalker can be a tranny in the next movie? How about somebody grows a set of balls and stop trying to please everybody by acting politically correct. Actually try to have a humble opinion and be real? And how are Tyson, Ali ,Lennon and Bonham make-believe characters? Lol why bother posting anything if all you want to do is be swarmy and politically correct? Snicker snicker snicker LMFAO. It's a f****** joke. Stop pretending you love everybody and everything and everything is okay because nobody really feels like that. But if you want to talk about make-believe characters....

4 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That's canon. Jane Foster became Thor when Odinson became unworthy.

It's one of the best books of the last 20 years and I'm stoked they are using it as the basis for a movie.

I'm not familiar with the Canon only the movies but it's good to know. Obviously I know the comic book character from my youth and thought that this latest thing with Natalie Portman was just a money grab. Obviously it's something you're into and I can really appreciate that. So pardon me for my lack of knowledge on the matter. I happen to be very heavily into Star Wars so I completely understand. However I was just making an example. I'm sure nobody cares about the new Men In Black movie and do you realize they're making a Terminator 6?

49 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yes I can't wait for the Rainbow Brite movie so we can please all the transvestites and the gay and lesbian bisexual community. Maybe Anakin Skywalker can be a tranny in the next movie? How about somebody grows a set of balls and stop trying to please everybody by acting politically correct. Actually try to have a humble opinion and be real? And how are Tyson, Ali Lennon and Bonham make-believe characters? Lol why bother posting anything if all you want to do is be swarmy and politically correct? Snicker snicker snicker LMFAO. It's a f****** joke. Stop pretending you love everybody and everything and everything is okay because nobody really feels like that. But if you want to talk about make-believe characters....

Speaking of Tyson he smokes a lot of weed these days and is one calm mofo because of it. Might be worth a try.

• Upvote 2

On 7/15/2019 at 1:23 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

WTF!? This has gone too far it's blasphemy! The Ghostbusters are girls? Seriously come on now! What's next! Luke Skywalker is a transvestite and he's angry cuz he can't find a bathroom with a tweener stick figure on the front of the door!? Is Wayne chrebet half black or Native American? Kermit is really a lizard who lost his tail and feels inadequate? Tom Cruise is making another mission impossible movie? Gary Busey is just faking being crazy? Tom Petty doesn't have big teeth? The whole freaking world is upside down now!!! I want to have a beer with George Carlin, Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson, Rodger Waters, and Steven Spielberg! I want to video tape it and then give it to Bob Dylan, John Lennon and Donald Trump! Let them sort this s*** out! Oh yeah I want to have a beer with William Shatner too!! I read Captain Kirk's biography by the way and he said that Leonard Nimoy really likes to eat fried egg sandwiches after he gets drunk at 3 a.m. . He says he hates the smell of stinky fried egg sandwiches... what does Sean Connery have to say about all of this!? Well what do you say Trebek!?

Isn't science wonderful?

• WTF? 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, JiF said:

Which would also be challenging.  Then again, anything has to be better than what they've recently done...

but I leave you with 2 thoughts...  

From what I watched in the prequels, contrary to popular belief, Darth Vadar aka Anakin Skywalker was actually your typical whiny emotional erratic temperamental teenage girl. 

And do you really have a gender once you're 90% robot?

Sure. Digital or analog

It’s funny because I don’t think anyone objects when they change a characters sex if the sex/masculinity isn’t instrumental to the role. 

Again, nobody cared that they made M into a woman. A perfectly acceptable swap out. 

I guess any masculinity is now considered toxic so you better change it. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s funny because I don’t think anyone objects when they change a characters sex if the sex/masculinity isn’t instrumental to the role. 

Again, nobody cared that they made M into a woman. A perfectly acceptable swap out. 

I guess any masculinity is now considered toxic so you better change it. 

Oh for ****'s sake.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

True story, that and those women were hot, mostly.

Since in reality , again, a 5 foot nothing 105 lbs girl is not ever going to beat the piss out of 15 goons and then  walk away in an tiny cocktail dress and heels  to the craps table at Monte Carlo, let's have a HOT BLACK GIRL, like Rhianna or someone like that. 

All these movies are made for fan-BOYS. Chicks have "The Notebook" and that traveling pants movie gibberish.

This current mania about race/trans/gender is  watching the entertainment business burn money. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 1:56 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

I can see a Tranny transfomer coming soon. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bugg said:

Since in reality , again, a 5 foot nothing 105 lbs girl is not ever going to beat the piss out of 15 goons and then  walk away in an tiny cocktail dress and heels  to the craps table at Monte Carlo, let's have a HOT BLACK GIRL, like Rhianna or someone like that. 

All these movies are made for fan-BOYS. Chicks have "The Notebook" and that traveling pants movie gibberish.

This current mania about race/trans/gender is  watching the entertainment business burn money. 

Wait you mean the a less than 100 pound female shouldn't be Thor as she is in one of the upcoming comic movies.

6 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Wait you mean the a less than 100 pound female shouldn't be Thor as she is in one of the upcoming comic movies.

Not gonna watch anyway. But yes.The hammer weighs more than Natalie Portman.

Granted Thor is a fictional character, but the whole idea is he is a huge strong Norse son of Odin. Natalie Portman is small,  105 lb. 5 foot nothing Jewish chick (albeit hot). 

Best I can tell, every movie in 2019/2020 spare the Tarantino/"Hollywood" one will feature either Natalie Portman or Mahereychart Ali or both. 

Next, let's cast John Goodman or Seth Rogan as Wonder Woman. Or Mel Gibson as king of Wakanda. Anyone for any role, right? 

Have a relative who may be in a prestigous college dramatic arts program. This stuff is really bothering people who are so situated. Certain people can have any roles and are in fact oversold for them, while certain other people cannot have certain roles under any circumstance. And the result is people get cast in things that make no sense at all. Everyone gets minority performers got the short end of the stick , but it's swung back to a really weird place. 

33 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not gonna watch anyway. But yes.The hammer weighs more than Natalie Portman.

Granted Thor is a fictional character, but the whole idea is he is a huge strong Norse son of Odin. Natalie Portman is small,  105 lb. 5 foot nothing Jewish chick (albeit hot). 

Best I can tell, every movie in 2019/2020 spare the Tarantino/"Hollywood" one will feature either Natalie Portman or Mahereychart Ali or both. 

Next, let's cast John Goodman or Seth Rogan as Wonder Woman. Or Mel Gibson as king of Wakanda. Anyone for any role, right? 

Have a relative who may be in a prestigous college dramatic arts program. This stuff is really bothering people who are so situated. Certain people can have any roles and are in fact oversold for them, while certain other people cannot have certain roles under any circumstance. And the result is people get cast in things that make no sense at all. Everyone gets minority performers got the short end of the stick , but it's swung back to a really weird place. 

Actually that's not the idea at all.

Thor wields Mjolnir because he is worthy, not because he is swole.

Plus, this already happened in the comics so lighten the hell up and go read the source material. 

It's called The Unworthy Thor and it's awesome.

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Actually that's not the idea at all.

Thor wields Mjolnir because he is worthy, not because he is swole.

Plus, this already happened in the comics so lighten the hell up and go read the source material. 

It's called The Unworthy Thor and it's awesome.

Natalie Portman makes me swole. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

If you look real close she looks like Bea Arthur. Just not here.

Loved her in Closer. 

Weird fact, wasn’t a Cheever fan but Eddie Johnston during Cheever’s reign and Gilles Gilbert is my favorite goalie all time (followed by Giacomin). Bobby Orr my favorite sports figure of all time. Grew up a Bruins fan.