What If Murray Stinks

Kyler Murray is the rookie all NFL eyes will be on this year.  He's a polarizing player given his size but he's viewed as the second coming of Pat Mahomes.  But what if he's not?  What if he craps the bed and the Cardinals once again have the #1 pick?  What if Tua Tagovailoa blows up college football this year?  Do the Cards take a QB in the first round for the third year in a row???

What if Rosen doesn't show anything in Miami this year and they're staring at Tua?  Does Rosen get bumped two years in a row for a stud rookie?

This is going to be fun to watch!

• Upvote 2

I definitely think Murray gets more than just a year to become their FQB.  It would take a lot for Kingsbury to bail on him after 1 season.  I think at least.

Rosen though will have to put up right away or he's gone. 

It will be interesting.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I don't really see a universe where Murray busts unless the dlineman decide to raise their arms.

He has tremendous arm talent and he’s a great athlete. I just don’t know though. I’ve never seen someone that short at the position. I understand the game has changed to where it’s a much more manageable position for someone shorter(though there’s nothing you can do about OL being too tall) but I’m waiting on that.

should be interesting. If he can trust passing lanes and shows the accuracy then he shouldn’t have that much of an issue as Baker didn’t..Baker does have a few inches on em’ though.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

What if Rosen doesn't show anything in Miami this year and they're staring at Tua?  Does Rosen get bumped two years in a row for a stud rookie?

I think they are going to go with Fitz this season and shut him down once they are completely out of the playoff race officially. I can see Rosen starting the last 4 to 6 games. 

Miami has fully bought into the rebuild plan and will be looking to draft a QB top 5 regardless of how Rosen turns out.

The plan might be to start Rosen but Fitz noticeably beat out Rosen in the off season. I am guessing it happens again in camp and Fitz pulls off some Fitzmajic and plays the phins out of the top 5 in next years draft.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

I definitely think Murray gets more than just a year to become their FQB.  It would take a lot for Kingsbury to bail on him after 1 season.  I think at least.

Rosen though will have to put up right away or he's gone. 

It will be interesting.

Rosen isnt going to beat out fitzpatrick.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think the coach has a good chance of busting 

This would be a big determining factor to me. Seems like the Browns were able to dig deep, talk to Riley Lincoln, ect and find out what concepts and plays to design for him. Kyler and Kingsbury need to collaborate like that for it to have a chance.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This would be a big determining factor to me. Seems like the Browns were able to dig deep, talk to Riley Lincoln, ect and find out what concepts and plays to design for him. Kyler and Kingsbury need to collaborate like that for it to have a chance.

Lamar jackson and tim tebow were succesful in this league.  Murray might not be great but hes not going to be so bad that they will replace him like they did rosen.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lamar jackson and tim tebow were succesful in this league.  Murray might not be great but hes not going to be so bad that they will replace him like they did rosen.

I have no faith in Lamar Jackson. Don’t know if he’s half the passer that Kyler can be.

• Upvote 2

These are interesting questions but I think the Jets deserve the most focus.  

The Jets should have 3 clear years of Darnold.   Let other teams keep drafting QBs.

My prediction is actually that Murray negatively surprises and Rosen positively surprises.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rosen isnt going to beat out fitzpatrick.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2019/06/05/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-outplays-Josh-Rosen-at-Miami-Dolphins-minicamp/2391559762845/ 

Its to early to tell but following Fitzpatrick last few stops, he is going to beat out someone in camp or play due to injury. 

My guess is if Rosen starts, its a move coming from the GM and not the coach.

Coach trying to win games, GM trying to get a top 5 draft pick type situation, you know basically the Jets the last 20 years. 

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has tremendous arm talent and he’s a great athlete. I just don’t know though. I’ve never seen someone that short at the position. I understand the game has changed to where it’s a much more manageable position for someone shorter(though there’s nothing you can do about OL being too tall) but I’m waiting on that.

should be interesting. If he can trust passing lanes and shows the accuracy then he shouldn’t have that much of an issue as Baker didn’t..Baker does have a few inches on em’ though.

Yeah his height is definitely scary in some aspects. However I dont think I've ever seen a skillset like his fail. If he was 6'2 he could just be the greatest QB prospect ever.

Baker was supposed to be too short, but he's closer in height to Darnold than Murray. 

They brought in some veteran OL with Sweezy and Garcia, added Charles Clay at TE.  Got a veteran in Fitz with some exciting high potential WR's in Christian Kirk, Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler.  A healthy David Johnson.  It could be a really exciting offense. 

4 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2019/06/05/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-outplays-Josh-Rosen-at-Miami-Dolphins-minicamp/2391559762845/ 

Its to early to tell but following Fitzpatrick last few stops, he is going to beat out someone in camp or play due to injury. 

My guess is if Rosen starts, its a move coming from the GM and not the coach.

Coach trying to win games, GM trying to get a top 5 draft pick type situation, you know basically the Jets the last 20 years. 

Yeah, there is no real reason to start Fitz even if he's been far and away better in camp so far. If they start Rosen they can see if he's there future QB, and if he sucks they will be able to pick another one. Win-Win.

Fitz only starts if they do what we did in 17' by plugging a vet in to win meaningless games that harm our future. I trust the Dolphins to not do something that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Yeah, there is no real reason to start Fitz even if he's been far and away better in camp so far. If they start Rosen they can see if he's there future QB, and if he sucks they will be able to pick another one. Win-Win.

Fitz only starts if they do what we did in 17' by plugging a vet in to win meaningless games that harm our future. I trust the Dolphins to not do something that stupid.

I agree,

I am not sure how bad Rosen is but if Fitz is noticeably better in practice each week and they are consistently losing games due to bad QB play, in order to not lose the locker room on your coaches first year, you almost will be forced to start Fitz. Exactly how the Jets were force too due to how bad Hack was in practice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Kyler Murray is the rookie all NFL eyes will be on this year.  He's a polarizing player given his size but he's viewed as the second coming of Pat Mahomes.  But what if he's not?  What if he craps the bed and the Cardinals once again have the #1 pick?  What if Tua Tagovailoa blows up college football this year?  Do the Cards take a QB in the first round for the third year in a row???

If Rosen turns out better than Murray, that would really be something. I don't see that happening, though. 

Rosen has a genuine chance of being on his third team in three years next year. They really should give Josh every opportunity to start and see if he can be their QB of the present and future, but Fitz has a way of Tonya Harding'ing his way into the starting lineup. The fish are still a poorly run organization, but the new coach should have the confidence and leeway to start Rosen even if he's behind Fitz in practice. You have to take advantage of getting a top ten QB a year later for a second round pick, especially with the Cards eating $10M of his contract. 

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Dude Tua isn’t even the best QB that will come out next year.  Not saying he isn’t worthy of a high 1st rounder just saying you could have used the Georgia QB instead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel he is the new DeFillippo/the other guy on the Titans. And his record wasn’t great as a college coach. 

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I has an advantage for sure. Im not saying that he'll easily with ROTY, but I am saying that he's in the best position to do so. 

This is the only rookie QB that is going into an offensive system that he's more familiar with than many of the players on his team. He knows the verbage and is familiar with his coach. 

If Kyle Murray busts I'd be shocked, If he breaks every rookie passing record I wouldnt be shocked. 

Overall he's a solid football player with great touch and a feel for the game. Being able to basically enter the league with an offense you've been playing in all your life....there's simply no damn excuse not to ball out. 

Oh, and I think Tua is a beast. Going back to the Watson/Mahomes draft and going out the next 2 or 3 years we're definitely getting the next wave great QB's. 

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Then , it sucks for Arizona .

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Been trying to figure out WhyTF you would care . Still working on it.

• Haha 3