Sign in to follow this  
BettyBoop

What If Murray Stinks

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I must have missed this. Rosen isn’t on the Cardinals?! Where did he go?

I’m going to start a thread. 

By all means please do.

for anyone to be the second coming of Mahomes..are they going to sit for a year and play for an offensively stacked team?

• Butt Fumble 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

He knows the verbage and is familiar with his coach. 

I wonder if Kingsbury has actually developed verbiage for his offense, not everyone is Patrick Mahomes, and can be an instant star without verbiage.

38 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

for anyone to be the second coming of Mahomes..are they going to sit for a year and play for an offensively stacked team?

This is so silly, nobody could have ruined Mahomes not even Bowles.

57 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Been trying to figure out WhyTF you would care . Still working on it.

How's the meatloaf?

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I wonder if Kingsbury has actually developed verbiage for his offense, not everyone is Patrick Mahomes, and can be an instant star without verbiage.

Its an air raid system, very much the same to what Murray ran at OU. And remember, Kingsbury was in the same conference as OU, so he knows the system since he's faced it. Also, by simply speaking with Kyler today about his verbiage specifically back at OU Kings could easily implement that verbiage keeping things simple for Kyler while having the Cardinals team overall learn the system with that verbiage. 

4 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Kyler Murray is the rookie all NFL eyes will be on this year.  He's a polarizing player given his size but he's viewed as the second coming of Pat Mahomes.  But what if he's not? 

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

All he has to do is run for his life and throw to one of the seventeen receivers they have on roster. 

59 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its an air raid system, very much the same to what Murray ran at OU. And remember, Kingsbury was in the same conference as OU, so he knows the system since he's faced it. Also, by simply speaking with Kyler today about his verbiage specifically back at OU Kings could easily implement that verbiage keeping things simple for Kyler while having the Cardinals team overall learn the system with that verbiage. 

I love Kliff it was mostly sarcasm except that he never had verbiage at TT, but I’m sure he is smart enough to turn his hand signals into a verbiage NFL playbook, or he never gets hired in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Kyler Murray is the rookie all NFL eyes will be on this year.  He's a polarizing player given his size but he's viewed as the second coming of Pat Mahomes.  But what if he's not?  What if he craps the bed and the Cardinals once again have the #1 pick?  What if Tua Tagovailoa blows up college football this year?  Do the Cards take a QB in the first round for the third year in a row???

What if Rosen doesn't show anything in Miami this year and they're staring at Tua?  Does Rosen get bumped two years in a row for a stud rookie?

This is going to be fun to watch!

This game looks like fun! Can I play?

What happens if we go 4-12 for the third year in a row?

Snacks weighs 350 lbs.  The Lions play the Cardinals this season.  If Snacks falls on Murray, the question is, will Murray pop like a zit?  In any case, the Cards OL is pretty much as bad as it gets in the NFL.  No matter how fast Murray is, he's going to get hit and hit hard.  Maybe he can take the beating.  But a scrambling QB and a bad OL is pretty much a recipe for a backup QB starting at some point in the season.  if he survives and turns in an OROY type of season, I will be very surprised.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Drums said:

I think the coach has a good chance of busting 

I think you’re right

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Snacks weighs 350 lbs.  The Lions play the Cardinals this season.  If Snacks falls on Murray, the question is, will Murray pop like a zit?  In any case, the Cards OL is pretty much as bad as it gets in the NFL.  No matter how fast Murray is, he's going to get hit and hit hard.  Maybe he can take the beating.  But a scrambling QB and a bad OL is pretty much a recipe for a backup QB starting at some point in the season.  if he survives and turns in an OROY type of season, I will be very surprised.

The cardinals have a way worse OLine than the Jets 

59 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This game looks like fun! Can I play?

What happens if we go 4-12 for the third year in a row?

How's the meatloaf?

• Haha 1

I don’t get the Tua hype.  He’s a soft tosser whose game doesn’t translate to the NFL.   Like detmer, wuerful, and others before him he’s a great college player who won’t make it in the nfl.  

• Upvote 2

Since the Cardinals decided to use the 1st pick on another QB instead of addressing their actual problems, the team will struggle.

Their oline is still atrocious, and even with his mobility Kyler will probably struggle until it's fixed.

Kyler will end up good, but I'm not banking on him having an especially good season. The team simply isnt ready. He'll deal with the same roster issues that Darnold, Allen, and Rosen faced.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Since the Cardinals decided to use the 1st pick on another QB instead of addressing their actual problems, the team will struggle.

Their oline is still atrocious, and even with his mobility Kyler will probably struggle until it's fixed.

Kyler will end up good, but I'm not banking on him having an especially good season. The team simply isnt ready. He'll deal with the same roster issues that Darnold, Allen, and Rosen faced.

Odds are you’re right about everything you said here, but the combination of Murray, their new HC and his Air Raid style offense have me really looking forward to seeing the Cardinals play this season.

I don’t think anyone has said those words since they played the Steelers in the Super Bowl about 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Odds are you’re right about everything you said here, but the combination of Murray, their new HC and his Air Raid style offense have me really looking forward to seeing the Cardinals play this season.

I don’t think anyone has said those words since they played the Steelers in the Super Bowl about 10 years ago.

Yeah it's definitely going to be a fun team to watch. So many exciting, but questionable factors in that team.

It'll end in either glory, or disaster. Either way it'll be entertaining. 

12 hours ago, Grandy said:

I don't really see a universe where Murray busts unless the dlineman decide to raise their arms.

any team in the NFC west division should surely trade with KC for Darron Lee.  He may be the only LB in the NFL capable of slipping below the dline to get to murray.

Rosen will be a Patriot by 2020. He’s too douchie to be anywhere else.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nycdan said:

Well to be fair, Snacks arguably has been the best run defender in the entire league. However, Snacks isnt really known for sacking the QB. 

His 3.5 for the Lions last season is a season high for him, topping his prior high of 2.5 he got back in 2016. 

The Cards Oline is bad, but one of the advantages of the Air Raid is that it can limit the pass rush purely by the speed of the offense and how quickly the QB can get the ball out. 

Dont get me wrong, it's a legit question...for Any QB that is. Snacks is a big motherf**ker, he'd hurt any QB if he fell on them wrong. 

With that said, Murray will have to rely on getting the ball out quickly along with designed rollouts. 

Kyler Murray is the rookie all NFL eyes will be on this year.  He's a polarizing player given his size but he's viewed as the second coming of Pat Mahomes.  But what if he's not?  What if he craps the bed and the Cardinals once again have the #1 pick?  What if Tua Tagovailoa blows up college football this year?  Do the Cards take a QB in the first round for the third year in a row???
What if Rosen doesn't show anything in Miami this year and they're staring at Tua?  Does Rosen get bumped two years in a row for a stud rookie?
This is going to be fun to watch!

He’s good and will do well under Kingsbury. That said, he’s no MAHOMES II.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, RJIII said:

He’s good and will do well under Kingsbury. That said, he’s no MAHOMES II.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Have you see this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001035933/article/larry-fitzgerald-kingsbury-has-cards-going-faster

Larry Fitzgerald: Kingsbury has Cards going 'faster'

By Grant Gordon

• Published: July 16, 2019 at 07:37 a.m.

Things are moving fast in the desert; just ask future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald.

With the first Arizona Cardinals training camp under the guise of rookie head coach Kliff Kingsbury on the horizon, Fitzgerald has noticed through offseason practices just how quickly things are moving offensively.

"It's not so much what he's installing that stands out; it's how its run, the tempo of it," Fitzgerald said via SI.com's Robert Klemko. "Every single day, with more experience, we were able to run it faster and faster and faster, get more plays in more efficiently. The faster guys understand the concepts the more pressure we can put on defenses."

Fifteen seasons and 11 Pro Bowls into a storied career, Fitzgerald is under the tutelage of his third coach in three seasons.

Wild as that's been out west for a floundering Cardinals franchise, the soon-to-be 36-year-old Fitzgerald looks to be armed with optimism in regards to getting up to speed with Kingsbury's Air Raid offense.

However, while it's a wrinkle the Cardinals hope will vex opposing defenses, at the Cardinals' current stage, they're the ones trying to keep up as they take it all in.

"The language is simpler, but you have to process it faster," Fitzgerald said. "In this system, you're on the ball and you don't have an abundance of time to understand what's going on. You have to decipher and be able to play fast."

Perhaps unsurprising is one Cardinals player Fitzgerald points out who is grasping the offense quickly.

Throughout the hype and process leading up to the 2019 NFL Draft, speculation about Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray going to the Cardinals was rampant in large part due to the notion that the QB would fit perfectly into Kingsbury's system. Early as it might be, that's what Fitzgerald's seen thus far with the No. 1 overall selection.

"I know him running [Oklahoma coach] Lincoln Riley's offense is very similar to what coach Kliff runs, but on the first day he's calling audibles and getting us in plays that are favorable to the offense," Fitzgerald said. "So I was really impressed by his ability to take a leadership position first day at the offense. I was impressed with how smart he is, how determined he is. His future is extremely bright."

Rookies are set to report to Cardinals training camp on Wednesday with the rest of the squad set for July 24. At least on offense, they'll be looking to quicken the learning curve when it comes to Kingsbury's system in the hopes of leaving defenses lagging behind.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2019/06/05/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-outplays-Josh-Rosen-at-Miami-Dolphins-minicamp/2391559762845/ 

Its to early to tell but following Fitzpatrick last few stops, he is going to beat out someone in camp or play due to injury. 

I think it's time that someone breaks out that Fitzpatrick cycle picture. It's funny and true. 

21 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

I think they are going to go with Fitz this season and shut him down once they are completely out of the playoff race officially. I can see Rosen starting the last 4 to 6 games. 

Miami has fully bought into the rebuild plan and will be looking to draft a QB top 5 regardless of how Rosen turns out.

The plan might be to start Rosen but Fitz noticeably beat out Rosen in the off season. I am guessing it happens again in camp and Fitz pulls off some Fitzmajic and plays the phins out of the top 5 in next years draft.   

so, Game 5?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001035933/article/larry-fitzgerald-kingsbury-has-cards-going-faster

Larry Fitzgerald: Kingsbury has Cards going 'faster'

By Grant Gordon

• Published: July 16, 2019 at 07:37 a.m.

Things are moving fast in the desert; just ask future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald.

With the first Arizona Cardinals training camp under the guise of rookie head coach Kliff Kingsbury on the horizon, Fitzgerald has noticed through offseason practices just how quickly things are moving offensively.

"It's not so much what he's installing that stands out; it's how its run, the tempo of it," Fitzgerald said via SI.com's Robert Klemko. "Every single day, with more experience, we were able to run it faster and faster and faster, get more plays in more efficiently. The faster guys understand the concepts the more pressure we can put on defenses."

Fifteen seasons and 11 Pro Bowls into a storied career, Fitzgerald is under the tutelage of his third coach in three seasons.

Wild as that's been out west for a floundering Cardinals franchise, the soon-to-be 36-year-old Fitzgerald looks to be armed with optimism in regards to getting up to speed with Kingsbury's Air Raid offense.

However, while it's a wrinkle the Cardinals hope will vex opposing defenses, at the Cardinals' current stage, they're the ones trying to keep up as they take it all in.

"The language is simpler, but you have to process it faster," Fitzgerald said. "In this system, you're on the ball and you don't have an abundance of time to understand what's going on. You have to decipher and be able to play fast."

Perhaps unsurprising is one Cardinals player Fitzgerald points out who is grasping the offense quickly.

Throughout the hype and process leading up to the 2019 NFL Draft, speculation about Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray going to the Cardinals was rampant in large part due to the notion that the QB would fit perfectly into Kingsbury's system. Early as it might be, that's what Fitzgerald's seen thus far with the No. 1 overall selection.

"I know him running [Oklahoma coach] Lincoln Riley's offense is very similar to what coach Kliff runs, but on the first day he's calling audibles and getting us in plays that are favorable to the offense," Fitzgerald said. "So I was really impressed by his ability to take a leadership position first day at the offense. I was impressed with how smart he is, how determined he is. His future is extremely bright."

Rookies are set to report to Cardinals training camp on Wednesday with the rest of the squad set for July 24. At least on offense, they'll be looking to quicken the learning curve when it comes to Kingsbury's system in the hopes of leaving defenses lagging behind.

Good article.  I think similar comments are often made with every new coach.  Faster, more intensity, accountability, et al.  

12 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

I don’t get the Tua hype.  He’s a soft tosser whose game doesn’t translate to the NFL.   Like detmer, wuerful, and others before him he’s a great college player who won’t make it in the nfl.  

Francesa has been talking him up ever since his precious giants passed on Sam

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know people have been trying to convince me to draft him in fantasy football haha

And why not?  Pat Mahomes was going in the last three rounds in a lot of fantasy leagues last year.  Murray may not go much higher.  And his running ability gives you a nice floor. 

There's really no reason to draft a QB high anymore, so loading up on backs and receivers and making Murray your QB or one of 2 QB's on your team makes a lot of sense, depending on how late you can get him. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, Rsherman28 said:

I think they are going to go with Fitz this season and shut him down once they are completely out of the playoff race officially. I can see Rosen starting the last 4 to 6 games. 

Miami has fully bought into the rebuild plan and will be looking to draft a QB top 5 regardless of how Rosen turns out.

The plan might be to start Rosen but Fitz noticeably beat out Rosen in the off season. I am guessing it happens again in camp and Fitz pulls off some Fitzmajic and plays the phins out of the top 5 in next years draft.   

They just got a first round talent QB dirt cheap. If they are in rebuild mode why go with Fitz when Rosen might turn out to be the real deal? Makes no sense.  

On 7/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Lamar jackson and tim tebow were succesful in this league.  Murray might not be great but hes not going to be so bad that they will replace him like they did rosen.

Tebow outside of one year was a bust.  He owes Gase.

L Jackson as a QB has proven he can run and will get hurt.

Murray a year earlier is a day 2 pick, behind all 5 first round picked.  It's only because there were no real options, especially with this HC, that he went 1st, doesn't make him anything at this point.   

Not being great or whatever at number 1 overall is a bust

Murray has the talent,  so does Rosen. I think they just need to be in the right situation which I have my doubts  about with Murray. Rookie QB and rookie HC may not be a good way to start. 

I am looking forward to the Kingsbury / Murray tandem. I would like to see them finally become something in that division of Offensive Guru's and our favorite Defensive player's coach.