Madden Rankings

Just now, MindOverMatter said:

What about it? 3 cone has more to do with agility which is one of Bell's best attributes and it shows with a 95 rating. Guy is 225 lbs and you wont find many players as agile as him at that playing weight. Love Bell but he is no burner, 89 speed seems right imo.

Dude. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Brah. 

Am I doing this right?

If you mean trolling than sure. What did i say thay you don't agree with? That Bell is more agile than he is fast? Cause i think that's pretty accurate. He ran the 40 in what like 4.6? I love Bell as a player but there are plenty of plays where he gets chased down from behind.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wow that’s crazy. He had a better rating as a rookie I think. Thought it was a 76 on Madden 19. Well I don’t buy the game much anymore. Much more of a 2K guy now. Not giving EA Sports 60$

If you’ll allow me some liberty with a Claude Raines line from Casablanca...

”I’m shocked! Shocked I tell you, that Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are ranked exactly the same!”.

?

29 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

If you mean trolling than sure. What did i say thay you don't agree with? That Bell is more agile than he is fast? Cause i think that's pretty accurate. He ran the 40 in what like 4.6? I love Bell as a player but there are plenty of plays where he gets chased down from behind.

I was joking.  I have never in my life played Madden or any sports video game, the last electronic football game I played was when I was 14 in the 70s.

I think Bell is an incredible player--I was mocking the corollary between some video game and the real human.  

When you said he had a 89 but a 92, I was mocking the video game genre by asking about his Madden 3 cone drill.

Sorry it fell flat.  

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I was joking.  I have never in my life played Madden or any sports video game, the last electronic football game I played was when I was 14 in the 70s.

I think Bell is an incredible player--I was mocking the corollary between some video game and the real human.  

When you said he had a 89 but a 92, I was mocking the video game genre by asking about his Madden 3 cone drill.

Sorry it fell flat.  

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Sorry it fell flat.  

All good. I always just change the stats anyway since the person who comes up with these rosters seems like a biased a-hole, haven't bought a madden game since like 2010 though.

46 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Ouch.

56 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

All good. I always just change the stats anyway since the person who comes up with these rosters seems like a biased a-hole, haven't bought a madden game since like 2010 though.

My kids really didn’t play but my younger son did a bit and he used to make one of his players 7-0 350 pounds. 

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wow that’s crazy. He had a better rating as a rookie I think. Thought it was a 76 on Madden 19. Well I don’t buy the game much anymore. Much more of a 2K guy now. Not giving EA Sports 60$

I just read an article where they explained they raised the rating for elite players, raised it a little less for near elite and lowered the rankings for non elite.

Not trying to be a d**k, but they used Mayfield as an example of near elite at 83. Put him ahead of Wentz and Goff, and just below Cam Newton. I’d have guessed the opposite.

I don’t know anything about this stuff, but it seems kind of random/sketchy to me.

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I just read an article where they explained they raised the rating for elite players, raised it a little less for near elite and lowered the rankings for non elite.

Not trying to be a d**k, but they used Mayfield as an example of near elite at 83. Put him ahead of Wentz and Goff, and just below Cam Newton. I’d have guessed the opposite.

I don’t know anything about this stuff, but it seems kind of random/sketchy to me.

They started messing with the ratings a few years ago to make the elite players stand out more and make them “noticeably” better than the very good players. Make them seem like true superstars and game changers. It’s weird but I get it. 

• Upvote 1

I found Sam to be pretty inaccurate, especially on the run, in Madden 19. I was expecting more from their ratings this year. 

Side-note: can’t wait to see the new jerseys (the blacks even more so) in the game. 

13 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

TEAM RATINGS

Overall: Jets (78) is tied for 3rd worst in NFL along with Cardinals, Bills, Buccaneers (78).  Worse than us: Giants (77); Dolphins (74). 

Defense: Jets (80) is tied for 8th worst in NFL along with Steelers, Redskins, Seahawks, Lions, Cardinals, and Bills (80).  Worse than us: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts (78); Buccaneers, Raiders (74); Dolphins, Giants (72).

Offense: Jets (73) is tied for 4th worst in NFL along with Cardinals (73).  Worse than us: Jaguars, Bills (71); Dolphins (69).

...seems pretty biased, or maybe I was just expecting better results because I'm a homer Jets fan that perennially gets his hopes up for no reason.  

Jets have been a bottom feeding team for years. They're ranked accordingly.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Meh still not appealing enough of a reason to me. 2K it is!

It's a game, it's' a toy. 

It's not some official  simulation  device.

It's  a kids game but now video games are the new adult  pool table.

Give me a ps4 right now,  pop on a madden. I'd happily mess with it.

I wish someone  would finally take all the graphic tech etc.. and make a football game that looked like it was the 20s,30s, 40s. Old uniforms and stuff. Even  a decent  1970s  look to it maybe.