JetsFanatic

Where are they now, Christian Hackenberg?

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If Bubby Brister was a dinosaur what kind of dinosaur would he be?

Sackasaurus

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Somehow I think he'll find a way to go on....

Christian-Hackenbergs-Girlfriend-Tatum-Coffey-Instagram-2.jpg.acc54ccd915f23df274d62f6c434cb12.jpg

He better keep her in the house before she starts itching for an upgrade.

6 hours ago, Xtina said:

Maybe he’ll become an accountant 

Maybe....  I've made a great living at it.

5 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He’s got a million in the bank. He probably only needs to work for 10-15 years and he can retire comfortably. 

I manage money for a living....  impossible unless he wants to live a very austere life.

• Upvote 1

He made 2.7 and if he still has it...

Generating an annual 8% return is easy (over200K)

That plus a decent job and he should be just fine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Remember to take the income taxes out....

• Upvote 1

tbf, that pic doesnt show how wide or not she is where she receives

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

and I'm sure he spent a bit on lawyers , accountants and bling.  Not to mention an 8 percent rate of return is VERY hard to get (studies show less the majority of investors earn much less long term) with any type of consistency and let's all remember, 90 percent of NFL players die broke.  I hope he put 1 mil in an index fund and NEVER looks at it again until he is 50.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No doubt.

Taking a monthly draw from a brokerage acct. will get you a 1099 as a friendly reminder.

Between that income and a decent job he will most likely be paying 35% income tax rate (before any deductions).

He could actually net 150-200K a year. Not too shabby for a 20 something year old. .

He should definitely keep Mike McCag on his Christmas card list.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

and I'm sure he spent a bit on lawyers , accountants and bling.  Not to mention an 8 percent rate of return is VERY hard to get (studies show less the majority of investors earn much less long term) with any type of consistency and let's all remember, 90 percent of NFL players die broke.  I hope he put 1 mil in an index fund and NEVER looks at it again until he is 50.

Well, in every decade (even the Depression decade), the US stock market has grown about 8-10 % without fail.  So I can see why that is the estimate.  Over the long haul, I can imagine an 8 % rate of return isn't all that unrealistic provided you invest over a long period of time and can absorb some risk and fluctuation in that span, continuing to invest even during Recession years.  My 401-k has grown at about that rate of return over its history since I opened it when I was 23. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, in every decade (even the Depression decade), the US stock market has grown about 8-10 % without fail.  So I can see why that is the estimate.  Over the long haul, I can imagine an 8 % rate of return isn't all that unrealistic provided you invest over a long period of time and can absorb some risk and fluctuation in that span, continuing to invest even during Recession years.  My 401-k has grown at about that rate of return over its history since I opened it when I was 23. 

Less than 10 percent of all investors get the S and P return.  For various reasons.... fees, fear, moving between funds and when you get nearer retirement you take on less risk but yes,  8 percent is possible IF you behave properly. A LOT of great work is being done in this area and behavior is the number 1 factor in determining success, not which equity fund you chose.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Less than 10 percent of all investors get the S and P return.  For various reasons.... fees, fear, moving between funds and when you get nearer retirement you take on less risk but yes,  8 percent is possible IF you behave properly. 

I just leave my 401(k) alone.  So hopefully I'm in that 10 % group or close to it.  We'll see.  Either way it's a rate that beats inflation, so I'll be sticking with it. 

• Upvote 2

Aside from being a bad NFL QB, Hack doesn't seem to be a stupid person blowing all his money on bling and Ho's.  That's how most of those guys wind up broke in 15 years.

There are other ways of building money outside 401 K's.  When I moved to Florida, quite some time ago, you could buy distressed lots in the area I live in for under $2,000 a piece.  Some of those lots are now selling for $80,000 - $150,000 each.  I did very well on them with MUCH less then Hack probably has available to him right now.  He'll have to earn a comfortable living for his life style over the next  chapter of his life, but in 10-20 years if he is smart he should have Quite a sizable chunk to live on.  He should easily be able to do that.  He's well know, relatively intelligent, should able to pull it off as long as his life style is moderate.  There are still many places in the country that are going to develop at an extremely profitable rate over the course of his working career.

The key is live a comfortable, but moderate life style over his working career, and let the money he's earned in the NFL, give him a VERY comfortable life style in the future.   

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:

There are other ways of building money outside 401 K's.  When I moved to Florida, quite some time ago, you could buy distressed lots in the area I live in for under $2,000 a piece.  Some of those lots are now selling for $80,000 - $150,000 each.  I did very well on them with MUCH less then Hack probably has available to him right now. 

My wife bought a condo in Raleigh about 4 years ago, and is now renting it.  Even with a property manager to pay, we're making a profit off of it each month. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wife bought a condo in Raleigh about 4 years ago, and is now renting it.  Even with a property manager to pay, we're making a profit off of it each month. 

And when it comes time to sell it, if the area doesn't decline, and I doubt it will, you'll probably make a monster profit on the sale on top of what you have already made.  Smart wife.

Actually I was in a similar situation as I was in a profession that did extremely well in the Florida real estate boom.  My wife in a different profession, made more money then I did.  We had a lotof play money to buy lots with.  

I prefer real property over condo types, but the investment income is still there as long as you can ride out slow times  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And when it comes time to sell it, if the area doesn't decline, and I doubt it will, you'll probably make a monster profit on the sale on top of what you have already made.  Smart wife.

She actually was thinking about selling it before moving until I recommended renting it out.  Just had to give myself a little pat on the back there.  :)

I don't see it declining either.  It's in a perfect location, right off the I-40 exit and about 15-20 minutes from downtown Raleigh.  Perfect spot for young professionals in an area that's experiencing tremendous growth.  We likely will be able to jack up the rent on the next tenants, if we so choose.  She made the perfect purchase. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

She actually was thinking about selling it before moving until I recommended renting it out.  Just had to give myself a little pat on the back there.  :)

I don't see it declining either.  It's in a perfect location, right off the I-40 exit and about 15-20 minutes from downtown Raleigh.  Perfect spot for young professionals in an area that's experiencing tremendous growth.  We likely will be able to jack up the rent on the next tenants, if we so choose.  She made the perfect purchase. 

Just advise, keep an eye open in the area for similar property that is in distress financially.  If you have the cash they need, you can make an overnight killing.  JMO 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Accurate QB? Sam Darnold. 

Inaccurate QB? Christian Hackenberg. 

Regardless of completion %.

Wait, completion percentages isn't the true indicator, then end all, be all for judging accuracy you say? 

11 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

4 years of back up QB, nfl money. He's  laughing  at all you fools. 

Sure he is making good money (paltry for a pro athlete) after spectacularly failing.

If your claim to fame as a high end pro athlete is to laugh at fans for being a fail and still making some cash then have at it.

• Upvote 2

The irony of your posts.

You write this in a thread and then belittle the idea tha Darnold will be a career backup.  One who even if true will make 50 times what Hack made and not feel like a total failure.

Oh, then you call us fools.  

A troll, trolling poorly 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sure he is making good money (paltry for a pro athlete) after spectacularly failing.

If your claim to fame as a high end pro athlete is to laugh at fans for being a fail and still making some cash then have at it.

Apparently recognizing that his career turned into nothing more than a partial rookie contract payout is more important than success on any other level.

Follow the troll logic.  Darnold will be a failure for not getting to a championship game ala Sanchez.  Hacks a success for getting paid a portion of his rookie deal and being out of football.

simple see?  Anyone can troll

First of all Hack didn't fail because he wanted to fail or he was trying to take the money without performing. He even went to the Alliance and tried to fix his career. The thing is he got a big chance at Memphis and couldn't even play well in a minor league setting. He's a FA I don't know if he'll be invited to a camp try out for the XFL, it looks like he isn't interested in the CFL. Arena Football is for diehards only because the pay is so low. Remember Mardy Gilyard, now he's a diehard. I was watching an NAL game (which is a lower arena league) and he's on the Mass Pirates. 

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The irony of your posts.

You write this in a thread and then belittle the idea tha Darnold will be a career backup.  One who even if true will make 50 times what Hack made and not feel like a total failure.

Oh, then you call us fools.  

A troll, trolling poorly 

No, it's called kidding around, joking, having a sense of humor, sarcasm.

Lol it won't  be 50 times as much. 

He won't be another Goff like last year or anything. And I doubt Goff even is the QB of the Rams when they move into the new stadium. 

Until he’s bankrupt in 4 years

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Apparently recognizing that his career turned into nothing more than a partial rookie contract payout is more important than success on any other level.

Follow the troll logic.  Darnold will be a failure for not getting to a championship game ala Sanchez.  Hacks a success for getting paid a portion of his rookie deal and being out of football.

simple see?  Anyone can troll

God,... It's called sarcasm, joking. One has nothing to do with the other.

Are you so basic and literal in your comprehension? 

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Does he have a degree? I wish him well in his future off the field. 

He has a masters in sucking c0ck

15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Somehow I think he'll find a way to go on....

Christian-Hackenbergs-Girlfriend-Tatum-Coffey-Instagram-2.jpg.acc54ccd915f23df274d62f6c434cb12.jpg

I guess Ryan Leaf and Nate Peterman weren’t available?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He has a masters in sucking c0ck

Wow.  That's pretty good.  I am sure it will be more useful than the degree in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management that most of his teammates got.  Probably more useful than being an English Lit major, eh @T0mShane

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

No, it's called kidding around, joking, having a sense of humor, sarcasm.

Lol it won't  be 50 times as much. 

He won't be another Goff like last year or anything. And I doubt Goff even is the QB of the Rams when they move into the new stadium. 

I'll bet he gets at least 50 xs that.  $100 mil, lifetime deals?  Yup

its not joking, it's trolling

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wow.  That's pretty good.  I am sure it will be more useful than the degree in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management that most of his teammates got.  Probably more useful than being an English Lit major, eh @T0mShane

Keep talking like that and we’re never bringing those free breadsticks to your table again, pal

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll bet he gets at least 50 xs that.  $100 mil, lifetime deals?  Yup

its not joking, it's trolling

Who, Darnold? Neither one is a/the QB of the future. 

What ever, dude. It is joking and you're too myopic to get it. Looking for issues  where there aren't  any. 

Basically,  yeah, you're  a nut.

2 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

What ever, dude. It is joking and you're too myopic to get it.

Kind of an issue when your post are troll like and nowhere close to funny or sarcastic.  

Myopic, LOL

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Kind of an issue when your post are troll like and nowhere close to funny or sarcastic.  

Myopic, LOL

I love you too, nutsy