One Jets Drive

11 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm not a basketball fan, but gotta say - I love your choice of NY sports teams for the other three!!

Me too...

I would wager he's somewhere near my age bracket...someone who was coerced into Jets fandom by Namath and 1969 despite being Yankees, Rangers and Knicks fans ;)

This was a good episode letting fans get an inside look into the heads of the team.  Got me pumped up definitely more than his press conference.  But that makes sense, could be uncomfortable but has now had the chance to do so.

Agreed. It will be cool to see where this show goes now that we got the introductions of Gase and Douglas our of the way. As neat as it was to get to know Douglass a bit more, I’m ready for some football. The best part of the show was the Gase reviewing of darnold film.

What I see here in addition to simply despising Bowles and his staff, is a collection of individuals who have football in their bones. Gase, Douglas, Williams, pollack, Jefferson, cooter, savage, hogan and all of the rest are football people. Real football people.
Long track records of playing ball and/or working for successful orgs. For more than 5 minutes.

When we look at it from that perspective, it’s really unlike anything we’ve had before outside of the parcells era. Even with Rex, we had tannenbaum who was a glorified accountant as the GM. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a collection of talent from an administrative perspective.

Add to that the fact that we have a what really was the best QB prospect in the draft in 2018 for once and this is exciting stuff. Whether or not mayfield or Allen etc ends up being better is not the point. We finally got the QB that was the all around strongest prospect in the whole entire draft. That’s never been US before. We always seem to get the other guy.
Not this time. We got him. And we got the GM who was widely considered the next big time candidate to be the sought after GM. And he’s ours!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed. It will be cool to see where this show goes now that we got the introductions of Gase and Douglas our of the way. As neat as it was to get to know Douglass a bit more, I’m ready for some football. The best part of the show was the Gase reviewing of darnold film.

What I see here in addition to simply despising Bowles and his staff, is a collection of individuals who have football in their bones. Gase, Douglas, Williams, pollack, Jefferson, cooter, savage, hogan and all of the rest are football people. Real football people.
Long track records of playing ball and/or working for successful orgs. For more than 5 minutes.

When we look at it from that perspective, it’s really unlike anything we’ve had before outside of the parcells era. Even with Rex, we had tannenbaum who was a glorified accountant as the GM. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a collection of talent from an administrative perspective.

Add to that the fact that we have a what really was the best QB prospect in the draft in 2018 for once and this is exciting stuff. Whether or not mayfield or Allen etc ends up being better is not the point. We finally got the QB that was the all around strongest prospect in the whole entire draft. That’s never been US before. We always seem to get the other guy.
Not this time. We got him. And we got the GM who was widely considered the next big time candidate to be the sought after GM. And he’s ours!!!

I wonder where they go now too?  At the end it did say "next week on OJD...."  not "next time".  leads me to believe this will be weekly?  I mean last year it was supposed to be "Training camp with the NYJ" but it took off, so they added episodes.

my point is:  there will be an episode in 4 days, yet camp doesn't start till Wednesday.  I know the rooks reported today, but no QW.  maybe that'll be the episode.  like last year's "The Call" episode about Qs journey to the draft?

either way, I'll be watching!

Oh - and you're dead on with the QB thing.  it's just so nice to not have to be worrying about that!  we get Bell, we get Moseley...yeah yeah yeah...we've been down this road before getting great RBs (Martin), etc.  think of the '98 team - I mean they had Vinny Friggin' Testaverde!!!  Imagine if Peyton actually came out of that draft and HE was the QB!!!  the 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006 playoffs.  we had great TEAMS, just never really THE QB....No, I'm not saying Sam is Peyton, I'm just saying maybe, just MAYBE we may finally have our guy.

• Sympathy 1

I wonder where they go now too?  At the end it did say "next week on OJD...."  not "next time".  leads me to believe this will be weekly?  I mean last year it was supposed to be "Training camp with the NYJ" but it took off, so they added episodes.
my point is:  there will be an episode in 4 days, yet camp doesn't start till Wednesday.  I know the rooks reported today, but no QW.  maybe that'll be the episode.  like last year's "The Call" episode about Qs journey to the draft?
either way, I'll be watching!
Oh - and you're dead on with the QB thing.  it's just so nice to not have to be worrying about that!  we get Bell, we get Moseley...yeah yeah yeah...we've been down this road before getting great RBs (Martin), etc.  think of the '98 team - I mean they had Vinny Friggin' Testaverde!!!  Imagine if Peyton actually came out of that draft and HE was the QB!!!  the 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006 playoffs.  we had great TEAMS, just never really THE QB....No, I'm not saying Sam is Peyton, I'm just saying maybe, just MAYBE we may finally have our guy.

For sure man. I’m a believer. Im
All in on Sam. I will temper my expectations to allow him a full career without extreme emotional swings, but I sincerely believe this is the guy. I look forward to a 10-15 year career with Sam at the helm. I’m 46 now. Sam
Will be our QB when I’m 60 and my 11 year old son is getting married. lol.

Last year sam had such a turnstile for his weapons and OL that it’s amazing he had the year he had. Almost 3000 yds while having a complete sh*t show around him. That includes a doofus for a HC and a homeless woodsman
As his OC.

Sam is the guy. And like you said, that feels pretty damn good. Now let’s groom Webb too in the event sam needs a week or two. Let’s have two young guns ready to win us games no matter the situations.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:57 PM, greenwave81 said:

Me too...

I would wager he's somewhere near my age bracket...someone who was coerced into Jets fandom by Namath and 1969 despite being Yankees, Rangers and Knicks fans ;)

I would’ve been with you guys on them, but it’s only 3 out of 4 with me.

My grandfather was a Yankee fan, and he would take me to the Stadium as a young boy. Mantle was my hero.

It all changed when my dad (an old Brooklyn Dodger fan) took me and him to the first Mayors Trophy Game held at brand new Shea Stadium when I was about 10 years old. The Mets staged a rally, and I saw my father wink at my grandfather as I pounded my rolled up scorecard into my palm and chanted “Let’s Go Mets”.

Been chanting it ever since....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

New one was ok. Can’t wait for some camp shots!

That's funny. I felt the same way. I was a little meh about this one. I still liked watching it go course, but after the opening with Sam watching film and critiquing his game, the rest sort of fell off a cliff for me.  I'll let you know how I feel after I watch it for the 5th time though.  lol 

On 7/17/2019 at 10:12 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

As a Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, Jets fan - I know that ownership matters. George Steinbrenner stood in stark contrast to Dolan and Woody. Dolan finally allowed Sather to build from the ground up, and the Rangers got better. Woody goes to the UK, and in two offseasons, the Jets have become a completely different team.

Left out when George was suspended for the whole Spira embarrassment and let Michael run the team the Yankees turned it around.  I could also argue that Dolan, without a salary cap to deal with would be the Steinbrenner of the NBA

• 2 weeks later...

These have been great so far.  Me and Brian Winters have the same dog.  Identical.  So funny.  What I’ve liked best is watching Gase.  Totally different than you heard about in Miami.  He loves this team.  Loves them his interactions with Jamal and Bell are awesome.  He knows what he has in them.  Gushes about them all the time.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jethead said:

This is a fabulous series. Everything about the Jets these days is top shelf.

The leadership is in place. 

They are a talented young team with tremendous upside.

I haven't felt this good about the team since 1/12/1969!

Not even after the Divisional Round win in 1998 or prior to Week 1 1999?