Sign in to follow this  
WayneChrebet80

ESPN Future Power Rankings-Jets 29

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

What does this measure?

The stupidity of the people who get worked up over it.

The only "Power Ranking" that matters, Wins and Losses.

Bring on the SEASON!  :yahoo:

• Upvote 2

Just now, kdels62 said:

This season I think we’re a playoff team. I really like Gase and Douglas. I think Douglas will fix Macc’s errors. But right now with the way Macc built this roster and the contracts he gave out, this team is not built for future success. With about $60 million in cap next year this team will need to find starters/ upgrades at 3 o-line spots, number 1 CB, WR, Edge. And that’s not including extensions for Leo or Jenkins. 

My point isn’t that the Jets suck and will suck forever. It’s that Macc spent 3 years rebuilding a roster that will have to be rebuilt again if they want to be competitive during Sam’s rookie deal.

O-Linemen can be found in Free Agency and in Mid-Rounds of the Draft.

A legit #1 WR should be able to be found with a 1st round pick, even a later pick.

Cornerback......well, should also be found in a late #1 pick, or (with less surety) a 2nd or 3rd round pick if we're lucky and the class is a good one.

Suffice to say, our material talent weaknesses can and should be able to be filled via smart drafting and selective use of Free Agency.

I think we have reason to be optimistic on that point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

But people would rather get mad and shout at the internet.

People are sheep, easily led around by their noses by the media.  Especially the sports media.

A discussion of roster construction and long term potential sounds good tho.  But that's not a "Power Ranking" discussion.

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

The OP didnt do a good job of explaining the article.  It's a 3 year projection based on the roster, coaching staff and FO.  Basically, they're saying the Jets suck this year and will still suck 3 years from now because of all those things I listed.

Essentially, the writer knew that NY fans are over sensitive nancies and made the perfect piece to jab their fans.  Every year Jets fans think they're destined for success, especially this season with a new FO and coaching staff.  So, like a smart writer trying to drive views during the dead time - lets list the 2 NY teams as bottom 3 and watch those oversensitive New Yorkers squirm over this nonsense.

Ah.

Got to say, the turnover in the NFL is enough that I find multi-year projections to often be quite flawed and of limited use.

This is especially true with a new Head Coach and new GM and Front Office in place.  This team could look WILDLY different a year from now.

NFL = Not For Long for a reason.  Using today to presume the 2021 or 2022 season is, IMO, a bit silly.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company