Sign in to follow this  
WayneChrebet80

ESPN Future Power Rankings-Jets 29

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

People are sheep, easily led around by their noses by the media.  Especially the sports media.

A discussion of roster construction and long term potential sounds good tho.  But that's not a "Power Ranking" discussion.

The OP didnt do a good job of explaining the article.  It's a 3 year projection based on the roster, coaching staff and FO.  Basically, they're saying the Jets suck this year and will still suck 3 years from now because of all those things I listed.

Essentially, the writer knew that NY fans are over sensitive nancies and made the perfect piece to jab their fans.  Every year Jets fans think they're destined for success, especially this season with a new FO and coaching staff.  So, like a smart writer trying to drive views during the dead time - lets list the 2 NY teams as bottom 3 and watch those oversensitive New Yorkers squirm over this nonsense.

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Interesting read and illustrates every reason why I hated the Gase hire.  Not only is he terrible at what he's supposedly great at, he cant get along with anyone.  Frank Gore is the most low key superstar maybe in the history of the league and he was at odds with him too?  He ran off all their talent, alienated their best player and favored Gore to him but they still didnt get along?  Bizarre.  Dudes a legit psychopath who has terrible social skills and it's clear he quickly loses favor with his players.  As I've said before, hopefully he's the right kind of crazy to help this god forsaken franchise but his track record is bad. 

While it's encouraging to see them say they could possibly be a .500 team, this could easily be one of the most combustible locker rooms in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I also was against Gase. Data from his time with Miami suggests that Gase's playcalling is conservative, relies heavily on the run and extended runs (screens/dumps to flats), and can design great deep shots but is not very good at scheming guys open in short and intermediate routes.

These were all things I didn't want for our 22 year old QB with sky high potential.

However, the more I think about it, the more I think it may not be all that bad to bring him along slowly like that. Also, maybe Gase called/designed plays a specific way because of who he was working with? Maybe he's learned from it and gotten better?

I don't know, and I'm certainly not giddy about Gase the way a bunch of guys here are, but I'm willing to give him a chance. One thing's for sure though, if Darnold doesn't progress, I'm laying it all 100% at Gase's feet. Don't give a sh*t about what anyone else has to say on the matter.

Gase has zero excuses.  Mac set him up with the perfect compliment pieces for his offense;  Enunwa, Crowder, Montgomery and Bell (dumbest sh*t ever if Gase was really upset about that amazing contract) were by far the best offseason fits for his short yardage/dump off/boring check down offense they could find...all those dudes excel close to the LOS.   And he has a great over the top guy to take advantage of the D creeping to the line.  The OL is nowhere near as bad as it people here make it out to be...can be upgraded? Hell yes.  But they're a middle of the pack group who should benefit from the balling coming out faster in this system. He has everything he needs to run his system.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company