WayneChrebet80

ESPN Future Power Rankings-Jets 29

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

What does this measure?

ESPN back office New England fandom

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Where the Jets are in 3 years

Can’t disagree... Macc gave us a window of 1 season in which we might be successful and that’s this year. Unless Darnold becomes a top 10 QB we’re a team without talent after next season. Joe Douglas has a lot of work ahead of him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Butt Fumble 3

Just now, JiF said:

I guess they didnt hear we finally hired the right people...again....just like last time...but this time it's different.

To be fair in three years the roster will be completely overhauled (that’s the NFL). This is the definition of a clickbait piece in a slow news cycle

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I guess they didnt hear we finally hired the right people...again....just like last time...but this time it's different.

These are the same people who said we would go 0-16 in 2013

• Upvote 3

Just now, kdels62 said:

Can’t disagree... Macc gave us a window of 1 season in which we might be successful and that’s this year. Unless Darnold becomes a top 10 QB we’re a team without talent after next season. Joe Douglas has a lot of work ahead of him.

What talent are we losing?  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I dunno about that.  QW and Polite were good picks.  Mosely and Bell are locked up long term.  The only this is our offensive line will need a new LT after next season Beachum has about one year left

• Upvote 1

Drivel.  Clickbait from an organization reduced to trolling fan bases for relevance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What talent are we losing?  

If it measures our status in 3 year...

1) Bell will probably not be here anymore

2) Enunwa probably will not be here anymore 

3) Anderson is on a 1 year tender

4) We might not return any o-line starters next year so it’s all a big question mark

5) The only CB that might still be on the roster is Roberts 

6) Maye would need a new contract 

7) Leo out of contract after this year

8 Avery Williamson out of contract 

9) Adams extension

10) Darnold extension 

And that’s looking forward 3 years, if we look into 2020 we could need to replace (by next year):  5 o-line, 2 CBs, 1 safety, 2 of our best front 7 players, 1 WR.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

27 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Giants 31

Dolphins 32

Link please, from this exhaustive list it would appear ESPN just copy/pasted the Madden 20 team ratings. 

30 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Where the Jets are in 3 years

That must me really accurate. They can’t even guess this season right. 

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

These are the same people who said we would go 0-16 in 2013

Same with 2017

• Upvote 1

It stings seeing rankings like that but low expectations can be a good thing. We have everything to gain, and I feel like most people here think this team is going to do much better than that this season. 

If it's measuring where the Jets are in the next 3 years I think it's a pretty unfair ranking. They have a good young QB most in the league think highly of. He showed a lot as a rookie.

That alone should put the Jets higher on that list.

21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

4) We might not return any o-line starters next year so it’s all a big question mark

9) Adams extension

10) Darnold extension 

And that’s looking forward 3 years, if we look into 2020 we could need to replace (by next year):  5 o-line, 2 CBs, 1 safety, 2 of our best front 7 players, 1 WR.

LOL

You can do the same thing with almost any team in the NFL on a 3 year projection.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

"Based on the six guys from each NFL roster that will be with them in three years, we can definitively declare that the New York Jets..."

Just now, flgreen said:

LOL

You can do the same thing with almost any team in the NFL on a 3 year projection.

Exactly. How many players have more than 3 years left on their contract? I’d imagine 75% are going to be in “contract” years over the next 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

Our future personnel situation isn't exactly rosy, given that we've failed so many drafts and that our FAs tend to be on the older side, and Mac just gambled a sizeable amount of money on a lot of question marks.  On the other hand its not terrible either.  We aren't in cap hell, we have a young franchise QB and a few young cornerstone pieces here and there.

It could turn out well, but it could also end in disaster, which puts us par for the course with a lot of other teams in the NFL.  It's almost impossible to predict these things.  So much depends on getting the right front office and coaching staff in place and achieving long term continuity and consistency.

35 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

It stings seeing rankings like that but low expectations can be a good thing. We have everything to gain, and I feel like most people here think this team is going to do much better than that this season. 

I was just going to type this.  I agree 100%!  I love the low expectations; all you can do is prove them wrong.  

• Upvote 1

I don't think we should be complaining about the ranking based on our performance the last couple of years. 

Personally, I just hope we make a statement when it matters the most that's during the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

1 year?  Based on what, leaving $35 million cap room?  Signing Enunwa, Bell, Mosely?  Helping the OL?   I'm trying to see went we weeks step back a year later.

I don't care about predictions for this season, they could be right but with a new CS, FO, continued growth at QB, this year's draft and the next few we could whine up a lot better than these pointless predictions

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I don't think we should be complaining about the ranking based on our performance the last couple of years. 

Personally, I just hope we make a statement when it matters the most that's during the season.

Complain? Here. :rl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

9) Adams extension

10) Darnold extension 

The post I responded to said we had a 1-year window.  That is preposterous.  You want to go to a 3-year window?  Why?  EVERY NFL team should be able to completely overhaul in 3 years.  You list a guy there that literally signed extensions in the offseason (Enunwa) - yet you are worried about him not being here?  He is signed through 2022.  I'd be more worried if they were on the books past his age 30 season. Darnold was in his rookie year of a 4 year deal with a team option for a 5th and he is on your list of silly worries?  Please. 

This is who we have to worry about replacing next year - Leo Williams (he basically makes the franchise figure now and they drafted his replacement), Robby Anderson, both tackles, but they sucks, so big whoop.  The entire interior line is signed for 2020 - they also mostly suck, so that is a good thing.  CB is a worry, but the guys they have are signed.  Pool is the only one not signed past this season.  

Avery Williamson is signed for 2020.  So is Marcus Maye who is always hurt.  The team has an option for Adams for 2021.  You left out Jordan Jenkins who is up after this year. 

Leo, Anderson, Jenkins and the tackles are the only worries for next offseason.  Find a team with less to worry about. They have a ton of money and few players up.  The talent level is a problem, the talented players coming off contract is not.  

Just now, flgreen said:

LOL

You can but we’re in worse shape than most. Which players on this roster would you definitely invest in or trust to be on the Jets in 3 years. I can only think of 3 if we don’t include rookies: Darnold, Adams and a 30 year old CJ Mosley.

My power rankings have the Jets at number one.  Always!

• Post of the Week 1

what a terrible trash article. I don't care at all what the Jets are rated.

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Giants 31

Dolphins 32

gif ?

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The post I responded to said we had a 1-year window.  That is preposterous.  You want to go to a 3-year window?  Why?  EVERY NFL team should be able to completely overhaul in 3 years.  You list guy there that literally signed extensions in the offseason (Enunwa) - yet you are worried about him not being here?  He is signed through 2022.  I'd be more worried if they were on the books past his age 30 season. Darnold was in his rookie year of a 4 year deal with a team option for a 5th and he is on your list of silly worries?  Please. 

This is who we have to worry about replacing next year - Leo Williams (he basically makes the franchise figure now and they drafted his replacement), Robby Anderson, both tackles, but they sucks, so big whoop.  The entire interior line is signed for 2020 - they also mostly suck, so that is a good thing.  CB is a worry, but the guys they have are signed.  Pool is the only one not signed past this season.  

Avery Williamson is signed for 2020.  So is Marcus Maye who is always hurt.  The team has an option for Adams for 2021.  You left out Jordan Jenkins who is up after this year. 

Leo, Anderson, Jenkins and the tackles are the only worries for next offseason.  Find a team with less to worry about. They have a ton of money and few players up. 

Saying that a player sucks so we don’t need to upgrade him is not really a counterpoint. It’s actually exactly my point. Macc left us with a bare cupboard for the future. Either bad players or no players beyond this one-year window where things have to fall exactly right in order for the team to find success.

As for the o-line, if Osemele falters he’s cut and if Winters falters he’s also cut. It’s possible that the only returning OL next year is Harrison.

Having 3 bad CBs is the same as having 0 CBs so I’m not sure why it’s a good thing that they’re signed through 2020. 

Robby isn’t signed after this season and Enunwa can be cut after this year, if he’s injured then he’s done here and that sucks. 

If we still had Macc I’d be distraught with our precarious reality but we don’t and all of this can change rapidly. However, Macc left us in a sh*tty place and after 3 years of rebuilding we have a flawed team and 1 year of hopeful success. Douglas seems like he can right the ship but the future was grim before he got here.

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Saying that a player sucks so we don’t need to upgrade him is not really a counterpoint. It’s actually exactly my point. Macc left us with a bare cupboard for the future. Either bad players or no players beyond this one-year window where things have to fall exactly right in order for the team to find success.

As for the o-line, if Osemele falters he’s cut and if Winters falters he’s also cut. It’s possible that the only returning OL next year is Harrison.

Having 3 bad CBs is the same as having 0 CBs so I’m not sure why it’s a good thing that they’re signed through 2020. 

Robby isn’t signed after this season and Enunwa can be cut after this year, if he’s injured then he’s done here and that sucks. 

If we still had Macc I’d be distraught with our precarious reality but we don’t and all of this can change rapidly. However, Macc left us in a sh*tty place after 3 years of rebuilding we have a flawed team and 1 year of hopeful success. Douglas seems like he can right the ship but the future was grim before he got here.

IT IS EXACTLY THE POINT!

How do you have a 1-year window with a bare cupboard?   Do you honestly believe that I am arguing that Maccagnan left us with a talented team?  I was editing my post to add  "The talent level is a problem, the talented players coming off contract is not.'  while you were typing this.  The team has money and assets.  They are not saddled with a ton of bad contracts.  They are basically stuck with Trumaine Johnson.  The is still optimism about the other big contracts.  It is a fresh start.  Not something a new GM should be complaining about

• Upvote 1