Quinnen Williams Isn't Signed ...

KRL

On 7/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, Beerfish said:

You do not draft guys that high to ;clog the kanes'

He also said he wanted to see:  5 sacks 20 TFL and 20 hurries would be acceptable year 1. Clogging the inside lanes must also be S. O. P.

5 sacks along with 20 hurries isnt getting it done?  20 tackles for losses doesnt work?

Not too shabby.

Joey Bosa, at edge, had 10 sacks, 21 hurries and 17 TFL as an instant star at DE

On 7/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, Lupz27 said:

Man I think about 98% of this place has done nothing, but bitch, and moan about the Jets drafting 13 DT’s in the 1st round the last few years (yes 13 is an exaggeration), AND most of those same people complain that the Jets should have been trying to address edge rusher instead, and I think it’s a valid to bitch, and moan over this.  There is the crowd still complaining about taking Leo over Beasley.

So when I post a mostly in jest thought of screw it let’s swap Q for Bosa sense both aren’t signed these same people do nothing, but butt fumble, and down arrow the post ??.

Y’all need to stop flying with wind direction changes, and stick to your guns about your gripes about how the Jets have drafted positional wise in the 1st round specifically, or STFU.

Say what you want about @T0mShanehe will not change his position on the pick of Adams even if the guy literally has the best season a Strong Safety has ever had that’s good by me regardless if I agree, or not though it just so happens that I do agree.

Get Woke people ??!

Again the Butt Fumble can be accessed via the arrow on the bottom right.

Seems so very self indulgent IMHO. You and @T0mShane should be best buddies!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I like this thread..we know he's going to be signed and none of this matters in the end, but let's get stupid!

I bet he's not going to sign and force a trade to the pats!

The Pats are such a dirty team.....they could really use a 300 lb. bar of soap!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Bosa is going to be an injury problem his entire career.

I remember when people used to say STFU to me Pat Mahomes isn’t gonna cut it coming from an air raid system.

Bosa will be a monster, he took care of himself past season he is healthy as an ox.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:30 PM, JiF said:

IDK man, there's a lot of playbook to take in when you're clogging the middle of the LOS.

I can't see quinnen Williams at 63 300 lb plug in the middle of s*** this isn't college football we got defensive ends bigger than him.. I have more faith in Nathan Shepherd and folorunso fatukasi clog in the middle more than quinnen Williams

Daniel Jones just signed last night:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036577/article/1stround-pick-daniel-jones-giants-agree-on-deal

With Jones' signing, only pass rusher Nick Bosa (No. 2 overall selection, 49ers), defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (No. 3, Jets) and defensive end Brian Burns (No. 16, Panthers) remain as first-round selections yet to sign contracts.

On July 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM, BurnleyJet said:

If QW doesn’t dominate from his first game, this place is going to be Gholston fun ?

Well it's time for your fan base to grow up.  DT /NT isn't an easy position to transition going from the college game to the pro game.( rarely does a DT come in and dominate year one- it takes time. Sure like every positions there are exceptions , but Q Williams was a one year wonder in college. ( not someone that dominated multiple years). 

Let the kid develop at his own pace, and don't put unrealistic expectations on him that is Impossible for him to meet.      It's like Sam Darnold , if he doesn't have a monster year in 2019, are you going to give up on him.    No , so don't put unrealistic pressure on this kid either.      Let him develop , and in time you might just get that dominant force on the DL.

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, jeTMAC said:

I can't see quinnen Williams at 63 300 lb plug in the middle of s*** this isn't college football we got defensive ends bigger than him.. I have more faith in Nathan Shepherd and folorunso fatukasi clog in the middle more than quinnen Williams

Really?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Well it's time for your fan base to grow up.  DT /NT isn't an easy position to transition going from the college game to the pro game.( rarely does a DT come in and dominate year one- it takes time. Sure like every positions there are exceptions , but Q Williams was a one year wonder in college. ( not someone that dominated multiple years). 

Let the kid develop at his own pace, and don't put unrealistic expectations on him that is Impossible for him to meet.      It's like Sam Darnold , if he doesn't have a monster year in 2019, are you going to give up on him.    No , so don't put unrealistic pressure on this kid either.      Let him develop , and in time you might just get that dominant force on the DL.

Then does waste 3rd overall picks on players that are only going to be good.

Partly why Macc had to go.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, jeTMAC said:

Shephard and Fatukasi, LOL, OK

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

This fanbase needs to grow up?  Bwa, after reading your posts since 2002 predicting the Raiders to compete or dominate on every side of the ball?  Players who will dominate who never did?  Those kinds of expectations? 

Like when you said J Russell was going to pass Brady as the leagues best QB and he wound up out of football that same year?
Is that what you mean by unrealistic pressure on a kid? 

Youre a funny guy

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This fanbase needs to grow up?  Bwa, after reading your posts since 2002 predicting the Raiders to compete or dominate on every side of the ball?  Players who will dominate who never did?  Those kinds of expectations? 

Like when you said J Russell was going to pass Brady as the leagues best QB and he wound up out of football that same year?
Is that what you mean by unrealistic pressure on a kid? 

Youre a funny guy

When your team gets your butts kicked by the Raiders again.  Come up with all the lame excuses you like. If they only didn't fumble that punt, we were right in the game.   Sure kid keep telling yourself that.      August 6 is when you can start scouting future Jets- players the Raiders eventual cut.    Watch what you say because 30 minutes the last time I made that comment expect jets to sign players the Raiders cut.   You laughed but quickly dropped out of the discussion when I was proven right.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

When your team gets your butts kicked by the Raiders again.  Come up with all the lame excuses you like. If they only didn't fumble that punt, we were right in the game.   Sure kid keep telling yourself that.      August 6 is when you can start scouting future Jets- players the Raiders eventual cut.    Watch what you say because 30 minutes the last time I made that comment expect jets to sign players the Raiders cut.   You laughed but quickly dropped out of the discussion when I was proven right.

The Jets might sign a player or two from the Raiders, but they'll probably want to look at players from good teams, first. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Your team has been on the bottom for how many years?  Who are you to talk shlt?  Lame excuses?  For what?  For the Raiders inability to win?  Since 2002 your team has ONE winning season.  ONE.  Who are you to talk?  Best part is you think anyone, Jets included want to pick the shlt from the Raiders roster for anything more than a bottom of the roster JAG or ST nobody.  

No one quickly drops out of trash talk with you, youre too easy, too predictable and too wrong for your own good.  17 years, ONE winning season.  I sure as shlt hope we can get a couple of starters off the loaded Raiders roster.  

On 7/17/2019 at 5:02 PM, Lith said:

Other issue is timing of the bonus payments.  Sam ultimately got all of his bonus money paid up front.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/jets-odd-war-with-quinnen-williams-may-have-major-impact/

You're right.   Jets want to defer a significant portion of his bonus to 2020 for some reason, more than basically all of the other top picks.  QW doesn't agree with the notion.

59 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/jets-odd-war-with-quinnen-williams-may-have-major-impact/

You're right.   Jets want to defer a significant portion of his bonus to 2020 for some reason, more than basically all of the other top picks.  QW doesn't agree with the notion.

Nor should he. I'm really kinda baffled with this position from the Jets. Kirwan was laughing about the mindset of the "beancounters" of NFL front offices on moving the chains today. He went through some of his own experiences with that side of the front office. He basically said there is no real reason to do this once the value is created for the player. Q is the 3rd pick in the draft. Just pay him and move on.  

An interesting note on all of this is that this is supposedly the lowest amount the Jets are trying to pay up front for any first rd rookie since the new CBA started. I wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Is it just that Douglas' staff aren't comfortably established yet or are they trying to show that they are some sort of hardball regime?  I'm not sure what it is, but most of the first rd rookies around the league received their entire signing bonus' up front this year from what I heard earlier today. If that's true this is kinda BS.  Just get the enthusiastic kid signed and into camp already. 

Joe Douglas sucks!!!!!     lmao. 

19 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

- The jets have picked DTs HIGH for near a decade

- This guy was picked THIRD overall.

- No, the fans are 100% correct to expect him to be great from day one.  You do not pick a 'developmental player' 3rd overall.  Especially when it is the one position group where you do not suck.

The same guys who trumpeted this guy as the best pick for the jets will now back pedal and make posts like you just made.

If he is not an impact player from near day one it is a flop pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

same owner 

You really think CJ is making these kind of calls?  Guy has never had a job in his life.  Wouldn't fire both the GM and HC at the same time because there would be no body competent in the building.