Sign in to follow this  
SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Where are they now , Pat Ryan ?

Patrick Lee Ryan (born September 16, 1955) is a former professional American football quarterback. He played 14 seasons in the National Football League for the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles.

Ryan was drafted in the eleventh round of the 1978 NFL Draft by the New York Jets.[2] He played professionally for thirteen seasons, twelve seasons with the New York Jets and one season with the Philadelphia Eagles.[3]

Ryan was employed for several years as a color analyst on Tennessee Titans radio broadcasts.[4][5] He is now a home builder in Knoxville, Tennessee.[6] He also works as a football analyst for the University of Tennessee's Vol Radio Network, cohosting the weekly "Big Orange Hotline," and joining Bob Kesling, Tim Priest, and John Wilkerson on the "Kickoff Call-In Show" prior to UT football games.[7]

• Upvote 1

One of my favorite Jets! Amazing how much better the offensive line looked when he played instead of O'Brien.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Very capable backup. Not one of the top 5 Jet QBs but it’s kind of a short list. 

Loved Pat Ryan.  My favorite Jets’ backup QB ever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It was a different era, teams had good long term backups without free agency. In today's NFL he would have been signed by another team to start.  

It's too bad Pat got hurt in Cleveland in the '86 playoffs, I think we would have won that game and who knows what happens after that (we probably lose in Denver but would have at least had a shot)

14 hours ago, ljr said:

Gotta compare him to someone better than Clemens ... 12 years with us & a playoff victory on his belt

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And a rushing TD 2 things Kenny O never had..=D>

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Loved Pat Ryan.  My favorite Jets’ backup QB ever. 

Matt Robinson

21 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

One of my favorite Jets! Amazing how much better the offensive line looked when he played instead of O'Brien.

he still took some serious hits though.  ryan almost pulled the 86 season out after obriens arm went south.