Will Douglas make any moves?

NYJ1

Or will he play out this season with Mac's roster? I think his hands are pretty much tied. Short of a trade, he's at the mercy of whoever gets cut in training camp. I'd like to think he does at least something so he can put his name on this season?

Lol... Patience grasshopper. Let things breath a little bit.

He just got here. How about we let the players get into camp, have some inter squad scrimmages, the exhibitions, maybe even a practice or two ?, just so he sees what he has here before he starts to overhaul the roster?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Probably but this is the dead time of the season from a transaction stand point.  The only thing you add is camp fodder.  Nobody is trading or really negotiating anything like that right now, they're just hoping everyone shows up in a few days.  Then  as the rosters become more clear, players start to fall off, conversations happen and maybe Joe will make a move. 

The only significant things I could potentially see happening would be on the contract front for existing players.......think Jenkins and Leo.  With Leo heading into his "walk year" I'm wondering if any contract talks have started?  He'll be making a nice $14M but has no security beyond that, the risk of injury, etc.  Leo is also at risk of being shown up a bit by the new rookie (although I don't think that would really happen).

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, slats said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Jets 53 man roster has four or five guys from other teams’ camps on opening day. 

This ^.  Although theoretically the Jets could cut DL that get picked up by another team, most of the NFL teams have CB, S, OL, RB and WR that will be cut who are much better than players the Jets have on their roster.  There will certainly be pickups. 

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

Just think of it as a head start versus being hired next January 

That is really the right way to look at it.    The blame for this year, from a personnel standpoint, is on Mac.

Douglas should be thinking about finding ways to get more draft picks.  

23 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Lol... Patience grasshopper. Let things breath a little bit.

He just got here. How about we let the players get into camp, have some inter squad scrimmages, the exhibitions, maybe even a practice or two ?, just so he sees what he has here before he starts to overhaul the roster?

Oh, so it's Jets fans fault for wanting the GM to unf*ck this roster that freshly fired Mac put together? Something, ANYTHING, would be better than taking a mulligan and watching this team play 6-10 football.

• Upvote 1

It gets really confusing for me when I read about the Jets on this site. I’m not sure I’ve got it all, but let me try and see if I have it right...

Better then elite  QB. Check.

Top RB, deep at WR, solid TE in Herndon, Wesco is baby Gronk . Check.

QW=beast, The Prez, Maye, etc, rock solid on DL. Check.

Greg Williams will turn entire defense into Dawgs. Check.

Gase= offensive genius, responsible for Peyton’s SB, will turn Darnold into a superstar and the offense will average 32ppg. Check

Today....

This team sucks!!! The GM is here a month already!!! What the hell is he waiting for??? Tear this fu***ng 6-10 team apart, it’s ALMOST time for training camp!!!

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It gets really confusing for me when I read about the Jets on this site. I’m not sure I’ve got it all, but let me try and see if I have it right...

Gase= offensive genius, responsible for Peyton’s SB, will turn Darnold into a superstar and the offense will average 32ppg. Check

Today....

This team sucks!!! The GM is here a month already!!! What the hell is he waiting for??? Tear this fu***ng 6-10 team apart, it’s ALMOST time for training camp!!!

Perception is an interesting thing. 

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Today....

bf11620ac0214432703c42a9bc0e4f6c_resize.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, NYJ1 said:

Or will he play out this season with Mac's roster? I think his hands are pretty much tied. Short of a trade, he's at the mercy of whoever gets cut in training camp. I'd like to think he does at least something so he can put his name on this season?

if he's not looking then he's not the right guy.  i suspect there are maybe 20 players he's not going to actively shop or look to replace but if there's an opportunity he will go for it.  i believe the jets still have quite a bit of cap space so it could be interesting.

22 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Today....

Let's see if this team plays like the players you claim the Jets have. There's a LOT more to making a team than having a few decent players in place. Based on last years record, YES, this team really does suck.

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Let's see if this team plays like the players you claim the Jets have. There's a LOT more to making a team than having a few decent players in place. Based on last years record, YES, this team really does suck.

I was being sarcastic... talking about what other people have been saying this offseason.

In truth, i think we’ll be better then last year, but I’m a long way from being as optimistic as a lot of people here. Ive seen too many new QBs, HCs, GMs come and go over the years. In a way it’s kind of sad, but I’m now a “I’ll believe it when I see it” guy. 

Its great that people are seeing things in Darnold, Gase and Thomas that make them feel all warm and fuzzy. I wish I could be like that again, but I haven’t been for a long time, especially during an offseason. Don’t get me wrong though, if we get off to a 2-0 start, or something like that, I’ll be drinking the KoolAid again like I always have....

On 7/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, NYJ1 said:

Well he needs to make 1 move and do it quickly - get Q Williams signed and into camp! I didn't bother to read all the posts in this thread so maybe this was said already but first things first - get our boy in camp!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Well he needs to make 1 move and do it quickly - get Q Williams signed and into camp! I didn't bother to read all the posts in this thread so maybe this was said already but first things first - get our boy in camp!

As soon as the 49'ers number 2 pick Bosa gets signed Q will be signed.. It sucks but that's the way it's been going..:curse:

12 hours ago, Savage69 said:

As soon as the 49'ers number 2 pick Bosa gets signed Q will be signed.. It sucks but that's the way it's been going..:curse:

Q has a first time agent with her first client.  She's going to play hardball and try to get him single thing she can so she can attract more clients.  If there's the potential to get him his own bag of pretzel M&M's for every game, she's going to go for it. 

The offset language is the worst. The team should be off the hook for money in the contract if the player gets signed elsewhere. If he doesn't get signed than the contract stands. Why should someone be able to get paid twice?  It's just dumb. But... a first time agent is going to be tough if not just plain stubborn.  

Quote from Q's agent.  I think she wore a cleavage shirt and that was all it took. 

When I met Quinnen for the first time, I was shocked to see that he was just as impressed with me as I was with him,” Lynn said. “He told me that he couldn’t believe I had never repped a first-round draft pick but he wanted to change that. He believed in me, and I am forever grateful.”