Chris & Woody's Butler

Thread for those of us giving Gase a clean slate.

Serious question, I’m not trying to cause any Darnold drama here.

I was intrigued with Klingsbury, and his offense, and would’ve been ok with hiring him here.

I never imagined he’d have the balls to get rid of a top 10 pick in Rosen and replace him with a air raid system QB.

if we had hired him, do you think he would’ve still wanted to draft Murray and trade Sam. That would’ve taken quite a big pair of stones....

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He wouldn’t of been hired without committing to Sam. Periodttt...

the point of bringing a new young creative offensive guy in was so that he can help Darnold further his development because everyone in that building at One Jets Drive believes that he’s the one to finally break the curse.

No way.

And Kingsbury is going to be a terrible hire in my personal opinion. Whatevs tho.

Yeah, you’re probably right, but then that would mean the Cardinals organization was so down on Rosen by the end of last year they didn’t feel the same way about bringing in the young creative O minded guy. Rosen wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination, but that’s still a quick turnaround.

I don’t think that was the case with them and Rosen. I just think they’re all in on Klingsbury and his system, and are giving him Carte  Blanche. Something the Jets wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) have done.

Klingsbury and Murray are ateam I’m really interested in following this year. Ultimate boom or bust situation....

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t see what they were expecting. They gave him a worse OL than ours. They gave him no weapons.(aside from a 78 year old Larry Fitzgerald), the OC was fired mid-season and the coach was fired after one year of being a HC. I think the entire organization is/was a mess and Rosen should of been given another year. That’s a lot of bullsh*t to deal with as a rookie QB learning the hardest position in all of sports. His head was already spinning from the playbook and speed of the game but none of that other stuff helped.

Exactly. I’m always surprised when people go off on a “Rosen sucks” thing. Of all the ‘18 rookie QBs, he was the one who was put in the worst situation. It really was a shame.

Should be another tough situation this year, with him in Miami. Are they really going to tank for a QB in ‘20? If so, the kid is screwed again and could be on a 3rd team in 3 years.

I want to root for him, but that would entail the Fins doing well. So that’s not happening... but the kid deserves a fair shake.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Grandy said:

I don't believe that he'd do that.

Rosen was supposed to be the most pro ready QB prospect, but ended up with the worst season of all the rookie QB's. He is also a statue in the pocket and lacks throw on the run ability, and mobility. Which is what a QB needs for his system. Darnold would've actually been the perfect fit as he has an extremely similar skillset to his former pupil Mr. Pat Mahomes. 

Also Darnold as a prospect has a much higher ceiling than Rosen, and probably Murray too. Remember, Kingsbury took the OC job at USC to potentially coach Darnold back when it was 50/50 that he'd return to college or go pro. 

Two things you said I differ with, my friend. #1 is just my opinion, #2 Is a fact.

1. I think saying Darnold and Mahomes have similar skill sets is a bit of a stretch at this point. Darnold showed an ability to make plays outside the pocket, but I don’t think his mobility approaches that of Mahomes. I also think Darnold has an above average arm from what he showed last year, just not on the level of Mahomes.

The future looks bright for Darnold, but Mahomes is already an elite QB. There isn’t a player in the league I’d take over him. Again, that’s just my opinion.

2. Klingsbury didn’t take the USC OC job until after last season ended. He was only there a few weeks, then sought his release to pursue an NFL job. Sam had already finished his rookie year by then.

20 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Okay woah I'm dumb 

No you’re not, lol.

Its like a full time job keeping up with the coaching carousel. The only reason I knew is because I’m a fan of Klingsbury and his offense.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company