Chris & Woody's Butler

Thread for those of us giving Gase a clean slate.

Just now, New York Mick said:

I don’t care about his slate. I think it was a dumb hire. If he does good, I was wrong and I’ll be happy the team is winning. I’m also pretty sure he doesn’t care. 

Well said Mick.  +1

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Guess you just don't want to have any fun, huh?  Ba humbug to you too fish. 

Not at all!  I'm as excited about this forthcoming season as I've been in ages!

I just don't agree with all the sturm und drang reality TV stuff, as if Gase gives a flying f' at a rolling donut what a few forum posters think of him, lol.

Geez man, didn't realize you were the opinion police.

On the contrary, I posted MY opinion. 

I didn't tell you or anyone else not to post theirs.  Jeez, JN REALLY hates any disagreement with the company line these days.....

It makes a difference to me...and whether it makes a difference to you I could give two craps.  Go to another thread and leave us alone

Seriously?  If what others think doesn't matter to you, why ask?  Or is that you just wanted a thread full of "hell yeah, Gase is God!" replies?

Next time, do us the courtesy of saying up front "opinions that differ from mine are not welcome" so at least we'll know,,, 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Who would you have hired? 

Probably someone worse, lol.

I was a proponent of the currently unemployed Ex-Packers Coach no one else wanted or gave a sniff.  Which probably says something.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So why are you on a message board, again?

To talk about the Jets of course.

By this logic, you should be reading Schopenhauer and eating haggis after a long day picking berries, not wasting your precious time speculating or bloviating (as you would say) on imponderables of football.

You must have missed the deep exchanges today on if completion percentage is or isn't a metric for tracking/evaluating QB accuracy.

Spoiler: apparently it's not anymore.  At least not here.

P.S. I do love a good haggis....

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mangini career record - 33-47

Gsse career record - 23-25

yet somehow Mangini is this great coach but Gase sucks

Mangini was not a great coach.

Gase does not suck.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Who would you have picked that wanted the job?

See my earlier post in this thread.

1 hour ago, slats said:

If we’re really being clear, we should also note that Gase went 5-1 against Bowles over three years in Miami. 

So you're saying he was 18-24 vs. guys who didn't suc like Bowles sucked? :-k

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rammagen said:

it is part of it but what about touchdowns vrs interception ration or yards per attempt

TD to INT would be a metric as well, yes.  It too has flaws (an INT off a WR's chest is the same as an INT thrown directly to the CB).

Tell me how/why you think Yards Per Attempt is a measure of accuracy? 

Is a QB who goes 1 for 5 for 90 yards (18 YPA) more accurate than a QB who goes 4 for 5 for 85 Yards (17 YPA)?

2 minutes ago, slats said:

It wasn't, it was Decker and Marshall balling out and the Jets should've realized that instead of being held captive by Fitzpatrick the following year. That's just another example of Mac being bad at his job. 

The same Marshall who, after leaving the Jets, hasn't caught for more than 200 yards in a season again?

The same Decker who is now out of the NFL and after that season never came close to that level again?

Both Decker and Marshall had close to their best overall career seasons in 2015 with Fitz.  

Now, their talent and effort most certainly was a huge part of that productive passing year, but to pretend that Fitz wasn't also a part of it is just silly.  Typical for the all-or-nothing ways of JN these days, but silly none the less.  That year's team was a team effort.  No one carried anyone.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, slats said:

Fitz is a perfect example of a QB who can look better on paper than in real life. He never should've been the Jets QB the following year.

Sure he should, because the alternative was Geno Smith, and he's horrible and always was.

Once he established his asking price, the Jets should've said thanks, no thanks, and moved on. 

By "moved on" you mean "give up on the season" by throwing Geno back out there to fail horribly?

The season was not lost that 2nd year purely because of Fitz.  Injuries destroyed that season from the start.  As did Mac's failure to close the deal (or move on and sign someone, anyone, other than Geno Smith instead).

We took a shot, it failed.  Who cares what the owner paid Fitz, wasn't our money, did no damage to our cap position going forward, and nothing was lost, we didn't lose out on some great player or other QB to take that shot.  I'll never understand all the hand-wringing to this day over that season.  Yeah, it was disappointing, but there was no "do this and we're great" solution, and certainly not at the QB position that year. 

A "shoulda cut Fitz after the best production of all time for a Jets QB" is really a "shoulda started Geno Smith again" argument, and that argument never wins. 🤣

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company