Chris & Woody's Butler

Thread for those of us giving Gase a clean slate.

What has he done to earn a clean slate?  NOTHING!!!!

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He fired Macc.  That's a good start. 

Technically, CJ did...but yeah, we dont know if it's actually a good thing or not.  Hope is fun though.  Especially as a Jets fan.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You seriously doubt whether firing Macc was a good thing?  Yikes. 

I have no idea and neither does anyone else.  Remember when Idzick was the "adult in the room" and then we hired Mac "a personal guy", I hope Joe Douglas is good at this job, we dont know that he will be better than Mac.  Hard to be worse but said the same think about Izdick.  Gase has sucked everywhere he's been other than with Peyton Manning so yeah, it's all hope that the he figures it out and Joe Douglas is good at something he's never done before. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc was proven, statistically, to be the worst GM at drafting (fewest players drafted that are still in the league). And it wasn’t even close. So yes, we do know he sucked badly and deserved to be fired.

Idzik sucked too. Douglas MIGHT suck. But Macc was quantifiable awful. So yes, we DO know he deserved to get fired.

Never said he didnt deserve to be fired.  He absolutely did.  We just dont know that we've upgraded yet.  All we can do is hope Joe Douglas is better.  Hard to imagine being worse but again, this is the Jets we're talking about.   

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That wasn't exactly clear....

What wasnt clear?  Yes, he deserved to be fired.  No, it's not guaranteed to be a "good thing" because Douglas could be worse. 

We dont know if it's a good thing.  We hope it is.  While awful, things can get worse. 

See Rex to Bowles. 

Tannebaum to Izdick. 

Sanchez to Geno

See Jets entire franchise history and you'll see examples of it could be bad and get even worse. 

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Fitz is a perfect example of a QB who can look better on paper than in real life. He never should've been the Jets QB the following year. Once he established his asking price, the Jets should've said thanks, no thanks, and moved on. 

This.  Thinking Fitz was the answer at QB is damn near the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen in my life.  He won me over that season with the passion and tenacity he displayed but anyone that has watched the league long enough knew week 18 was was the real Fitz.  The minute he choked away the season; the coaching staff should/FO should have immediately turned their attention to providing Geno, Petty or Hack with an opportunity to be the future.  Instead, they let that bearded douche hold them hostage. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company