This is my last run

Not this season specifically but this “era”. 

If Darnold doesn’t pan out I’m out. Sorry, but we’ll never be in a better position than we are now. If this kid can’t make it work then this organization is cursed to suffer for eternity. The idea of rebuilding again sounds exhausting and futile.

I’ve never been more excited for a regime/season in 25+ years of watching. If this doesn’t work nothing will. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, nico002 said:

If Darnold doesn’t pan out I’m out. Sorry, but we’ll never be in a better position than we are now. If this kid can’t make it work then this organization is cursed to suffer for eternity. The idea of rebuilding again sounds exhausting and futile.

Psychiatrists-couch-007.jpg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I’ve never been more excited for a regime/season in 25+ years of watching. If this doesn’t work nothing will. 

.. ! ! !   :ahhh:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Good thing.

Your last run is going to last about 12-14 years.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets Fan till I shuffle off this mortal coil.

40 years in.  I couldn't root for another team now even if I wanted to do so. 

And I don't (well, maybe a Richmond Generals expansion team in the NFC maybe....., lol).

74370_1570978648387_164518_n.jpg?_nc_cat

45 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Why are you more excited then when we had a young chad pennington?  A young sanchez?  Parcells and vinny?

We have a head coach that was an utter failure at his last job and a qb we have no clue if hes good or not.

Simmer down dude.  My goodness.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, nico002 said:

ah, we are all mortal.  i'm old enough that if this current group doesn't make some hay then it's just time to lose interest.  it's kind of like getting a dog.  a dog may live about 15 years but if your mortality means you won't outlive the dog then what's the point.

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why are you more excited then when we had a young chad pennington?  A young sanchez?  Parcells and vinny?

We have a head coach that was an utter failure at his last job and a qb we have no clue if hes good or not.

Darnold has already shown more than Sanchez ever did without the benefit of having a top 5 oline and rushing game.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Because Sam Darnold is 2x the prospect that Chad/Sanchez were. 

Utter failure? He was nearly .500 with an injured Tannehill and Brock as his QBs...

• Upvote 3

My last run was about 8 months ago.

It was across a huge parking lot to find a crapper after too much taco bell. 

I can't take it any more.  I'm sooooo done with running. (Not taco bell) I just wear depends now and I'm worry free.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Being a Jets fan on this lvl doesn’t really have a time limit. We’re fans until the end and there’s nothing that can really change that. Chances are if you are on this message board, you are much more invested in this team than the casual Jets fan who just watches a game every once in awhile. You are here because you enjoy talking Jets football to such an extent that you created an account here and are on here all the time. Don’t kid yourself, you are staying lol.

Word of advice, don’t pin a due date on things like this. Watch how they play out and react accordingly.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

My last run was about 8 months ago.

It was across a huge parking lot to find a crapper after too much taco bell. 

I can't take it any more.  I'm sooooo done with running. (Not taco bell) I just wear depends now and I'm worry free.

0.0-dontrun_img_006.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Bye Felicia.

But seriously,

It does get painful, I get it and i'm not going to lie, but I could never abandon ship.  I never contemplated.  That belief was solidified for me when the Eagles won the Superbowl.

All my life my dad, who is a very well reserved person, doesn't show much emotion when it comes to sports outside of yelling when something bad happens.  Winning games he is usually "content".

But when they won a superbowl, I saw a side of my dad I haven't seen in my life, and knowing the absolute joy he felt from that win after so suffering so long from being terrible, or all the years of just coming up short.  Then hearing all my friends talk about how they had tears in their eyes from suffering so long.

I WANT THAT.

I want it now, but knowing how I felt for them to see them feel that joy, that is something I will always wait for.

To me, that's a real fan.  Not someone who throws a ton of money for team merchandise, or someone who can afford to be at every game, every year.  While it is nice to show support in that way, how much money you have and what you could do and acquire with that shouldn't make someone a fan more than the next guy, its having your team that you ride or die with,

• Post of the Week 3

19 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold has already shown more than Sanchez ever did without the benefit of having a top 5 oline and rushing game.

18 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Because Sam Darnold is 2x the prospect that Chad/Sanchez were. 

Utter failure? He was nearly .500 with an injured Tannehill and Brock as his QBs...

Stuff like this is why you guys post these embarassing threads.  Sam Darnold has shown us nothing.  He stunk for the majority of the year.  And dont give me the last few games crap as in the final game he stunk too.

And gase was awful in miami.  Thats not debateable.  There is a reason that he is not the coach there anymore.

Just simmer down and watch the games and let this unfold.  Then you wont have to start threads about how your leaving the fanbase if this doesnt work out.  We hope gase and darnold turn it around but its far from a given. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

I have "quit" on the Jets probably 100 times. It lasts at most an hour. I think Darnold will get us there, but if he doesnt I will be a fan until I die.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

25 years? What a weak, weak man. Fans like me who have watched 45+ years of one Jets disaster after another scoff at your “misery.”

I became a fan during the Kotite years

Im strong like bull

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

25 years? What a weak, weak man. Fans like me who have watched 45+ years of one Jets disaster after another scoff at your “misery.”

No worries !.. whenever you think you've hit Rock BOTTOM... it can always get  ALOT WORSE    :ahhh:

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stuff like this is why you guys post these embarassing threads.  Sam Darnold has shown us nothing.  He stunk for the majority of the year.  And dont give me the last few games crap as in the final game he stunk too.

And gase was awful in miami.  Thats not debateable.  There is a reason that he is not the coach there anymore.

Just simmer down and watch the games and let this unfold.  Then you wont have to start threads about how your leaving the fanbase if this doesnt work out.  We hope gase and darnold turn it around but its far from a given. 

Only thing Sam Darnold has done is hold Robby Anderson back from being a number one wide reviewer.     

• WTF? 1

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mark Sanchez 2nd year on top 5 o-line, Santonio Holmes, and Braylon Edwards AFC Championship team at age 24: 75.3 rating, 206 ypg, 3.4 TD%, 54 CMP % 27 sacks in 16 games

Sam Darnold 1st year on 4-12 bottom 5 in every category team at age 21: 77.6 rating, 220 ypg, 4.1 TD %, 58 CMP %, 30 sacks in 13 games. 

Is my original statement wrong???