This is my last run

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Not this season specifically but this “era”. 

If Darnold doesn’t pan out I’m out. Sorry, but we’ll never be in a better position than we are now. If this kid can’t make it work then this organization is cursed to suffer for eternity. The idea of rebuilding again sounds exhausting and futile.

I’ve never been more excited for a regime/season in 25+ years of watching. If this doesn’t work nothing will. 

Related image

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

40+ for me too.  However mine is self inflicted.  A lone Jet fan in the middle of Eagles and Giants fans. 

me too.  not the eagles part but father, brother, sister all giants fans.  and subsequently, brother in law #1, brother in law #2, and basically cousins from my wife's family - all giants fans.  fun times....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

If Darnold doesn’t pan out I’m out. Sorry, but we’ll never be in a better position than we are now. If this kid can’t make it work then this organization is cursed to suffer for eternity. The idea of rebuilding again sounds exhausting and futile.

I’ve never been more excited for a regime/season in 25+ years of watching. If this doesn’t work nothing will. 

Head up man. This is going to be a great season.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have a head coach that was an utter failure at his last job and a qb we have no clue if hes good or not.

Basically a .500 record over 3 seasons, two without his starting QB = utter failure in what universe?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Basically a .500 record over 3 seasons, two without his starting QB = utter failure in what universe?

In building a winning roster which was what he was brought there to do.  He ran the whole show and after 3 years of gase, miami is now the worst  franchise in football.  He ran them into the ground.  He was a total, utter, collosal failure in miami.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

me too.  not the eagles part but father, brother, sister all giants fans.  and subsequently, brother in law #1, brother in law #2, and basically cousins from my wife's family - all giants fans.  fun times....

My father started with Jet, and Eagle Tix in 1972, He and I live in Giants land to this day. Although the Jets are 10 minutes away now and Eagles still and 1 1/2 hour drive.

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In building a winning roster which was what he was brought there to do.  He ran the whole show and after 3 years of gase, miami is now the worst  franchise in football.  He ran them into the ground.  He was a total, utter, collosal failure in miami.

In no way shape or form was he brought here to build a roster of any kind.  That was Maccs job who failed the test and now it's Douglas's job.  That's what GMs do. He did not run the whole show in Miami, he complained that too much was tried to be put on him, that all he wanted to do is coach.  He ran no team into the growing, seriously do you even watch football?  He took a team with Osweiler at QB and was in the playoff hunt until the end of last season. 

Either way, .500 record isn't an utter failure in any way.  Bowles, H Jackson, those are utter collosal failures. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In no way shape or form was he brought here to build a roster of any kind.  That was Maccs job who failed the test and now it's Douglas's job.  That's what GMs do. He did not run the whole show in Miami, he complained that too much was tried to be put on him, that all he wanted to do is coach.  He ran no team into the growing, seriously do you even watch football?  He took a team with Osweiler at QB and was in the playoff hunt until the end of last season. 

Either way, .500 record isn't an utter failure in any way.  Bowles, H Jackson, those are utter collosal failures. 

You obviously dont know about his time down here.  I live down here and am plugged in.  He ran the whole show.  Had total power.  He ran the team into the ground.  

His coaching stunk too.  

Will any of this have any bearing on how he does here, i do not know.  But you look foolish saying he wasnt an utter failure in miami.  He was awful and was fired because of it.

• Haha 1

So glad you felt the need to share this with us all. The day that nico002 revealed he may no longer be a Jets fan anymore will surely go down in the annals JetNation history. This is an important day for us all. We shall weep for this loss.

• Haha 1

I have complete confidence Darnold will be great. I have even more optimism for Joe Douglas and feel he is as important or even more so than Darnold.

If Darnold doesn’t pan out I have confidence Douglas will have this team competing and will be able to get the next QB.

But I think Darnold and Douglas will be both be in their positions for this team for the next 15 years.

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You obviously dont know about his time down here.  I live down here and am plugged in.  He ran the whole show.  Had total power.  He ran the team into the ground.  

His coaching stunk too.  

Will any of this have any bearing on how he does here, i do not know.  But you look foolish saying he wasnt an utter failure in miami.  He was awful and was fired because of it.

Well I live up here and I’m also “plugged in.” And my sauces tell me you don’t know squat. 

• Upvote 2

What an interesting idea to have. I’ve never seen fandom in such a way. It’s just a hobby. A pass time. It’s not a job man. lol.

That said, you seem like someone who may just be beyond being one of those front runner fans who becomes a life long fan of whoever is the best team that year. , if it was that easy to just bail for guys like us JN wouldn’t even exist. lol

Just enjoy the show buddy. Good and bad.

These are exciting times though.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

From everything I have seen, Gase, the Hobbit and Williams will do a better job coaching than Bowles, Bates and Kacy, and Douglas and staff will do a better job acquiring talent than Mac and staff.    Given how Mac and Co went about their jobs, the Jets are lucky to have won 14 games over the last 3 seasons. 

Gase has shown glimpses of competence and of craziness.  I really think he could have used a year to reflect.  But Bellichick did not look great with the Browns.  Hopefully Gase has had a chance to reflect upon his time in Miami and upgrade his coaching.   We shall soon see.  

I am optimistic about the Jets...in 2020.  

25 years, son you don’t even have peach fuzz on your butt. 51 years for me and too damn late to change now,even if I wanted to. I will be a Jets fan till they slide me in the oven, but with a luck the Mortician won’t have to put the smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Every league and every sport.

It means he didn't  win enough. It means he won't win enough. Just another career journeyman coach.

No,you can't  compare Belichick. He came from long term success in NY And Did It Again In NE.  

@nico002

25 years? WTF is that??? All that means to me is I’ve probably been rooting for this team from before your FATHER was born!

What the hells the matter with you? For a year you’ve been licking Darnold’s balls, telling us we have the best QB in football. The most accurate QB you’ve ever seen. Hell, you even told me his ints were actually really good punts!

...and now you’re on here whining you’re going to jump ship if this doesn’t work out? How a bout you grow a pair, you little snow flake? 

17 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

It means he didn't  win enough. It means he won't win enough. Just another career journeyman coach.

No,you can't  compare Belichick. He came from long term success in NY And Did It Again In NE.  

This is where we disagree.  You cant say Gase wont win enough in NY.  None of us know that.  We will find that out soon enough.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt because.........well, i have no other choice.

Im hopeful he will turn it around he.

35 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Then it your that's the failure.  That's not close to being true 

it means nothing moving forward.  

And Belichick DC run is no different than Gase as an OC.  

Your post goes bad to worse in short order

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

His coaching stunk too.  

I live here. 

He had power did not run the whole show.  You're dicking people around with this.  He had a GM, he had Tanny and a meddlesome owner.  We all saw it.  

All of which is pointless when you said he was brought here to build the roster.  Who cares what you dream happened in Florida.  He was not hired, by CJ & Macc, to build the roster.  Try again.

And one more time, .500 with a half assed roster, QB out most of the time, one trip to the playoffs and almost another isn't utter, collosal failure like the story you're selling.

theres a reason why his firing was a shock to most everyone

• Upvote 1