Sign in to follow this  
BroadwayRay

Tyreek Hill will not be disciplined

Just now, KRL said:

The NFL is setting themselves up for a HUGE lawsuit if Hill repeats his behavior against his child 

or girlfriend

On what grounds?  

• Upvote 3

This league makes itself look worse and worse every year.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Don't worry T Hill justice is coming for you  , and it will be from  #55 V Burfict in week two.     Let's see just how tough you're woman, and child beater.     

Didnt Burfict beat up his own Mother? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, KRL said:

The NFL is setting themselves up for a HUGE lawsuit if Hill repeats his behavior against his child 

or girlfriend

The NFL is in no way liable or culpable for the personal behavior of an individual employee, but they don't have any responsibility or obligation to continue employing him after his multiple instances of domestic abuse (including his guilty plea for domestic battery against a pregnant woman in 2014).

All they've done is guaranteed continuing criticism, disgust, and awful PR for their brand and the appearance of the worst, most cynical "bottom line" driven decision making they could possibly engineer. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Ummmmm, this is the same women he kicked in the stomach and pushed down the stairs while pregnant.  She’s 100% in it for the cash.  

If she’s ok with getting her ass kicked that’s on her but she should be protecting her children.  She had a way out of it and a way to be protected and she didn’t take it. 

• Upvote 1

Someone needs to bust him in his chest really hard like he punched his boy in this chest but do it on the football field legal. Knocked his ass out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

or girlfriend

What are you talking about?

Explain how the NFL not suspending him opens them up for a HUGE lawsuit in the future... 

I’m waiting with bated breath for this one...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Didnt Burfict beat up his own Mother? 

She wouldn’t give him anymore meatloaf. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

or girlfriend

Dont get it. where is there a duty, breach or causation?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He'll still end up getting suspended about 2 games, and no one will be happy.  Because that's how the NFL does things.  A Ray Rice-esque situation all over again for the league that never learns from its many mistakes. 

The league is paint by numbers for discipline. They’ve always been tone dead, but they basically hide behind whatever the court verdict is for justification and don’t have any desire to rock the boat or give fodder for grievances right before a new cba is negotiated. 

• Like 1

as a father and a husband i find this really offensive. this guy is clearly an unfit parent and probably an unfit human being. i wish him nothing but the worst.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Give the guy a break it’s not like he was doing something terrible like partaking in the Devils lettuce.,

Thank goodness the NFL has its priorities!

/s

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

This.

Again, let the courts do their job.  Then the NFL can do theirs.  Trying to do that backwards is bad on multiple levels.

Unless the courts drop the ball completely, this guys time will come.

In todays NFL it doesn't matter what the courts decide. How many players have we seen suspended by the NFL over the years when the courts refused to prosecute a case, much less get a conviction or a guilty plea?  

8 hours ago, Garb said:

yup....especially when Tyreek is heard on audio saying "you better be terrified of me too bitch!"  Nothing says gold-digger like a petrified abuse victim.

If you are caught saying something like this on audio recording you should be suspended..... PERIOD!!!

The NFL is nuts, more concerned with perception than reality and it shows!! :( 

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

So Zeke got six games in 2017 for what exactly? 

And a broken three year old’s arm and “you better be terrified of me bitch” gets zero.

Good to know.

Jerry Jones is on Goodell’s sh-tlist 

And unfortunately so are the Johnsons

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Butterfield said:

The NFL is a joke.

Meanwhile Chris Herndon gets 4 games

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

If you are caught saying something like this on audio recording you should be suspended..... PERIOD!!!

The NFL is nuts, more concerned with perception than reality and it shows!! :( 

Agree 100%

This is not a criminal court the nfl has suspended players with less evidence 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

What are you talking about?

Explain how the NFL not suspending him opens them up for a HUGE lawsuit in the future... 

I’m waiting with bated breath for this one...

Wait no longer... :) 

Here are jury instructions that could show the theory on which the NFL could potentially be held liable

"3610.Aiding and Abetting Tort—Essential Factual Elements:  [Name of plaintiff] claims that [he/she] was harmed by [name of actor]’s [insert tort theory, e.g., assault and battery] and that [name of defendant] is responsible for the harm if [name of plaintiff] proves all of the following: 1. That [name of defendant] knew that [a/an] [e.g., assault and battery] was [being/going to be] committed by [name of actor] against [name of plaintiff]; 2. That [name of defendant] gave substantial assistance or encouragement to [name of actor]; and 3. That [name of defendant]’s conduct was a substantial factor in causing harm to [name of plaintiff]. Mere knowledge that [a/an] [e.g., assault and battery] was [being/going to be] committed and the failure to prevent it do not constitute aiding and abetting. 

And so you have it Mon Captain!!!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d32776e544e774549

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Wait no longer... :) 

Here are jury instructions that could show the theory on which the NFL could potentially be held liable

"3610.Aiding and Abetting Tort—Essential Factual Elements:  [Name of plaintiff] claims that [he/she] was harmed by [name of actor]’s [insert tort theory, e.g., assault and battery] and that [name of defendant] is responsible for the harm because [he/she] aided and abetted [name of actor] in committing the [e.g., assault and battery]. If you find that [name of actor] committed [a/an] [e.g., assault and battery] that harmed [name of plaintiff], then you must determine whether [name of defendant] is also responsible for the harm. [Name of defendant] is responsible as an aider and abetter if [name of plaintiff] proves all of the following: 1. That [name of defendant] knew that [a/an] [e.g., assault and battery] was [being/going to be] committed by [name of actor] against [name of plaintiff]; 2. That [name of defendant] gave substantial assistance or encouragement to [name of actor]; and 3. That [name of defendant]’s conduct was a substantial factor in causing harm to [name of plaintiff]. Mere knowledge that [a/an] [e.g., assault and battery] was [being/going to be] committed and the failure to prevent it do not constitute aiding and abetting. 

And so you have it Mon Captain!!!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d32776e544e774549

Judge: “How is it possible you found the defendant (NFL) innocent after only 5 minutes of deliberations?”

Jury Foreman: “It actually didn’t take us that long to decide on a verdict, your Honor. We had to wait 4 minutes for juror #3 to come out of the bathroom before we notified the bailiff.”

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Patrick Mahomes is the next face of the league.  He needs Tyreek Hill to be dominant. All other considerations are moot.

A face. One of the faces. Definitely  not THE face of the league.

Nothing happened  to him because  nothing happened.  Another  made up incident. 

Trying to look at this objectively. I am not a lawyer and someone with legal experience please correct me if I am wrong. I don’t believe this to be an NFL issue but an issue for any corporation that has a collective bargaining agreement with any union. If a situation that is not spelled out in the agreement happens and penalties are initiated the courts can easily overturn them based on interpretation of the agreement. Corporations with no such agreement are more able to initiate penalties and their employees subject to those penalties based on the the arbitrary decisions of the employer. Only when a corporation is in violation of federal law like the ones covering disabilities do those companies face legal challenges and penalties. NFL as well as many businesses are between a rock and a hard place in these matters. For the last ten years or so almost every disaplinary decision not spelled out in the collective bargaining agreement has been challenged by the player and union and won in the courts by them. The courts are the last place common sense takes place legal interpretation over rules common sense.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I just read more about it.  The wife/mom refused to cooperate with NFL investigators so she’s obviously more worried about her meal ticket then she has the safety of her own children. 

win-win

Hill gets a new contract and his wife knows to make him a sandwich when he asks for one.

Goodell is a buffoon.

Goodell won't break up the Mahomes to Hill combination. Too much anticipation & they showed Mahomes face at the ESPYs like 500 times.

Just because his baby momma is scared of him & he's told her you f*ck with my livelihood you be back in the ghetto isn't cause for alarm for Roger. It's all about the Benjamin's in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, johnnysd said:

The NFL started sweeping this under the rug the instant it came to light. Anyone who thinks the NFL is truly concerned with domestic violence and preventing it when it games to the elite players is seriously deluded.

It's not the NFL's job to prosecute Tyreke Hill. It's up to the courts.

And if they would've suspended Hill (based on what I don't know), shame on them.

18 hours ago, PS17 said:

So Zeke got six games in 2017 for what exactly? 

And a broken three year old’s arm and “you better be terrified of me bitch” gets zero.

Good to know.

Kid's arms break.  Whattayagonnado?  Could have been anything.  Not like he is old enough to tell us what happened or anything.

--NFL Deprtment of Player Protection

38 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

And if they would've suspended Hill (based on what I don't know), shame on them.

But that's what the NFL basically did with Zeke back in 2017, lol. Courts and police had cleared him

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Couldn't possibly disagree more. In fact the burden for the NFL is significantly less than criminal prosecution. All the NFL needs to suspend is a determination that it is more likely than not that he did it. You may disagree with that, but then again the concept of defending this turd on any level is mind boggling to me. Just because he is an elite NFL player should never give him special consideration but in the greedy minds of the owners it does.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

But that's what the NFL basically did with Zeke back in 2017, lol. Courts and police had cleared him

Which is nuts!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell is the NFL to punish it's employees for bad behavior outside of the workplace?

Does any other employer do that? I know I don't. 

27 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

All the NFL needs to suspend is a determination that it is more likely than not that he did it. You may disagree with that, 

You're damn right I disagree with this statement. Any rational and fair-minded person should.

So you should be able to punish someone without any evidence, just because you think there's good chance he did something wrong?

Thank God our judicial system does operate like that. And the NFL shouldn't operate that way either.

23 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This league makes itself look worse and worse every year.

The league doesn’t make itself look worse every year. The players make the league look worse every year.

The league is just not very adept at damage control.

21 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Which is nuts!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell is the NFL to punish it's employees for bad behavior outside of the workplace?

Does any other employer do that? I know I don't. 

Lots of them do.