I'm surprised this hasnt gained any traction here yet. Blessuan Austin cleared by doctors

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Is this what you’re talking about..?

Injuries

Injuries are a major red flag for Austin, as he suffered a torn ACL in 2017 and then re-injured it in 2018.

Had it not been for the injuries he was headed towards being an excellent prospect. NFL.com’s Chad Reuter said he would have been a day two pick and ESPN’s Mel Kiper had him ranked as the fourth best senior cornerback heading into the 2019 season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2019/5/18/18616863/scouting-jets-sixth-round-pick-blessuan-austin

No. 

7 hours ago, Jets1958 said:
Blessuan Austin is an American football cornerback for the New York Jets of the National Football League. He played college football at Rutgers.

Born: July 19, 1996 (age 23 years)
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 198 lbs
NFL Draft: 2019 / Round: 6 / Pick: 196
Current team: New York Jets (#41 / Cornerback)

He plays for the Jets? Who cares? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

The Jets took a flyer on this kid. 

Good athlete, two major knee injuries in two years. Nobody thought he would contribute in ‘19 when we drafted him. The Jets basically said he a long term project when they took him.

Being “cleared” to train for an NFL career is a lot different then being able to perform like you’ll have one. I get it, we’re short at CB, but let’s calm down with this kid. If he even gets to dress for a game this season, that would be a huge step for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

The Jets took a flyer on this kid. 
Good athlete, two major knee injuries in two years. Nobody thought he would contribute in ‘19 when we drafted him. The Jets basically said he a long term project when they took him.
Being “cleared” to train for an NFL career is a lot different then being able to perform like you’ll have one. I get it, we’re short at CB, but let’s calm down with this kid. If he even gets to dress for a game this season, that would be a huge step for him.

Right. This is about it 14.
It’s good news he was cleared. Sure. That means he is cleared to begin using his body in athletic manner again. Not that he is cleared to suddenly be our savior at CB.

Psssst.... By the way.... he will most likely never be a starter for the jets. Sorry folks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, RobR said:

Well if he was I wouldn't have quoted you. Carry on.

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t. You said something quite unrealistic so I asked for a link. 

You cannot provide one.

What’s with you two?

Austin is someone 99% of the people on this board ever heard of before we drafted him, including me. And you two (please don’t try to tell me you did). 

I had read somewhere that after his sophomore year, if he continued on his arc, he would have possibly been a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

Because I can’t find a link to it does not mean that it does not exist. Maybe it was a Rutgers article. Maybe his mother wrote it. Maybe I wrote it then read it myself. 

Why the f*ck do you guys care. 

Geezuz. 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What’s with you two?

Austin is someone 99% of the people on this board ever heard of before we drafted him, including me. And you two (please don’t try to tell me you did). 

I had read somewhere that after his sophomore year, if he continued on his arc, he would have possibly been a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

Because I can’t find a link to it does not mean that it does not exist. Maybe it was a Rutgers article. Maybe his mother wrote it. Maybe I wrote it then read it myself. 

Geezuz. 

Because you clearly stated something so off the wall as a fact and could not support it with evidence.

ya.

people are going to dismiss it.

It really has nothing to do with caring about what you read.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Because you clearly stated something so off the wall as a fact and could not support it with evidence.

ya.

people are going to dismiss it.

It really has nothing to do with caring about what you read.

So...you think I made it up? To what end. 

How about you prove that it doesn’t exist. 

I need to see a trillion search results. 

And paper ones too. 

Yeah, it might have been in an article I read in a magazine with no on-line content. 

I need proof that it doesn't exist. Not just a cursory search. Exhaustive all encompassing end of the Earth research because that’s the only way to prove that it doesn’t exist. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What’s with you two?

Geezuz. 

If you didn't say he was considered a first or second round talent we wouldn't be having this conversation.....but you did.

No reason to get your panties in a bunch. I'm sure we're all pulling for him to be a good CB for the Jets, but it still doesn't change the fact that he was never considered that type of prospect.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

If you didn't say he was considered a first or second round talent we wouldn't be having this conversation.....but you did.

No reason to get your panties in a bunch. I'm sure we're all pulling for him to be a good CB for the Jets, but it still doesn't change the fact that he was never considered that type of prospect.

My panties are just fine. It’s what I read, I dont know where but I didn’t make it up or write it myself. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So...you think I made it up? To what end. 

How about you prove that it doesn’t exist. 

I need to see a trillion search results. 

And paper ones too. 

Yeah, it might have been in an article I read in a magazine with no on-line content. 

I need proof that it doesn't exist. Not just a cursory search. Exhaustive all encompassing end of the Earth research because that’s the only way to prove that it doesn’t exist. 

^Lots of words here just to say you were talking out of the side of your neck and now you’re upset that someone acknowledged it.

You try extremely too hard.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Your on Peace frog for not providing a link. i did. Why don't the doubter's read it. day two of the NFL Draft, includes rounds 2 and 3. I have more links to post if you would like. You haven't read the 1st one. Why bother.

I read that article. Round 2 or 3. And that was written after he had his ACL injuries about what he could have been. Is it that far-fetched that someone could have projected him as a day 1 or 2 pick? We’re talking about draft projections for a guy with multiple ACLs. 

I’m unclear as to the faux outrage. I read something that I admitted I could not find. I didn’t make it up. I don’t care enough about him to make it up other than I’m rooting like hell for him. 

Folks are saying what I read does not exist. Anywhere in the universe. 

I just asked for proof that it does not exist, which cannot be proven. 

Again. I can’t find it but I know I read it somewhere and I’m not senile enough to have made it up. Could have been in a Rutgers flyer I picked up at Shoprite. Could have been an Instagram post by his college roommate. 

I’m still mystified why these guys care that much about a throw away comment on the internet. 

PROVE IT OR RETRACT IT PEACEFROG!

Ahhh, how about no. 

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I read that article. Round 2 or 3. And that was written after he had his ACL injuries about what he could have been. Is it that far-fetched that someone could have projected him as a day 1 or 2 pick? We’re talking about draft projections for a guy with multiple ACLs. 

I’m unclear as to the faux outrage. I read something that I admitted I could not find. I didn’t make it up. I don’t care enough about him to make it up other than I’m rooting like hell for him. 

Folks are saying what I read does not exist. Anywhere in the universe. 

I just asked for proof that it does not exist, which cannot be proven. 

Again. I can’t find it but I know I read it somewhere and I’m not senile enough to have made it up. Could have been in a Rutgers flyer I picked up at Shoprite. Could have been an Instagram post by his college roommate. 

I’m still mystified why these guys care that much about a throw away comment on the internet. 

PROVE IT OR RETRACT IT PEACEFROG!

Ahhh, how about no. 

A bunch of draft scouts had him as a day 2 talent, if not for the knee injuries. If he's a day two talent, he's drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Right??

3 minutes ago, genot said:

A bunch of draft scouts had him as a day 2 talent, if not for the knee injuries. If he's a day two talent, he's drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Right??

Absolutely. 

Yet there was ONE guy who had him day 1 or day 2. 

Again, why would I make this up? 

I don’t get it. 

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Btw, I’m sitting in the ER, with someone getting IV fluids so I can do this all night. 

Breaks up the boredom. 

Its such a stupid thing for these guys to get all indignant about. 

Again, not sure why they care all that much. Seems petty. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Btw, I’m sitting in the ER, with someone getting IV fluids so I can do this all night. 

Breaks up the boredom. 

Its such a stupid thing for these guys to get all indignant about. 

Again, not sure why they care all that much. Seems petty. 

Have a TV in the room, i hope.Ask for some Dilaudid. It will get you through the night so much quicker

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, genot said:

Your on Peace frog for not providing a link. i did. Why don't the doubter's read it. day two of the NFL Draft, includes rounds 2 and 3. I have more links to post if you would like. You haven't read the 1st one. Why bother.

Because your link is from Scarlett Nation and is written by their beat writer. Not once does he quote a scout or anyone with any credibility when he mentions that blurb.

What makes the article even worse, if that was possible, was him mentioning Charlie Campbell as a source earlier in the article. Charlie Campbell!

In the end Austin was never considered a 1st or 2nd rounder unless @Peace Frog  read it on one of his fortune cookies that he forgot too save. 

Just now, RobR said:

Because your link is from Scarlett Nation and is written by their beat writer. Not once does he quote a scout or anyone with any credibility when he mentions that blurb.

What makes the article even worse, if that was possible, was him mentioning Charlie Campbell as a source earlier in the article. Charlie Campbell!

In the end Austin was never considered a 1st or 2nd rounder unless @Peace Frog  read it on one of his fortune cookies that he forgot too save. 

He was never considered a 1st rd pick. I'll post more links where based on his skill's before the injury, he was considered a day 2 prospect. You more than most know damn well the difference in talent between a mid 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, isn't that much. Hell, if your drafted in the 3rd rd your expected to be a starter in the league, in short order. No

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

So if it was in a fortune cookie, it did, in fact, exist. 

Thank you. 

Love guys giving personal opinions on players they’ve never heard of.