I'm surprised this hasnt gained any traction here yet. Blessuan Austin cleared by doctors

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

@Villain The Foe Apologies dude. 

So PK. Did I make it up? 

Was I talking out of the side of my neck?

Or did I read it? Did it exist?

Considering you couldn’t provide the link, and the link that someone had to provide for you is from nj.com.

I’d say you very much talked out of the side of your neck. 

Glad its real and stuff and you can walk away with your head held high tho.

good stuff. I always enjoy a happy ending.

Hey, you pick enough of these talented injured guys ie. Milliner, McDougal ect., eventually you might get a guy the rebounds physically. Maybe Blessuan Austin will be that guy? Davis the LB for the Panthers has come back from 2 ACLs I believe? I think 6th is where you take these chances, instead of picking physically limited slow athletes like Donahue. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Considering you couldn’t provide the link, and the link that someone had to provide for you is from nj.com.

I’d say you very much talked out of the side of your neck. 

Glad its real and stuff and you can walk away with your head held high tho.

good stuff. I always enjoy a happy ending.

So I said I read something but admitted I didn’t remember where but it did in fact exist?

When you said it didn’t?

Somebody was talking out the side of their neck and it wasn’t me. 

Go hold your head high, though. 

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So I said I read something but admitted I didn’t remember where but it did in fact exist?

When you said it didn’t?

Somebody was talking out the side of their neck and it wasn’t me. 

Go hold your head high, though. 

Maybe if I can get in as a writer for NJ.com, you’ll believe me when I say a prospect is a 1st or 2nd round talent.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe if I can get in as a writer for NJ.com, you’ll believe me when I say a prospect is a 1st or 2nd round talent.

It was never about the veracity of the opinion. Or the quality of the opinion. 

Like I said, neither of us had any idea who he was. 

I read something and repeated it and you said it didn’t exist. 

Its not hard to admit you are wrong on the internet to strangers.  

Go ahead. Or keep digging. It’s fine, we both know it. 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:14 AM, chrisfaceoff said:

Unless I skipped over it(If I did, sorry), but 2 days ago Austin posted on twitter that the doctor had cleared him.

It was a vague tweet outside of saying "Mood : After getting cleared by doc".  Not sure if this is for football activities, or something less, but this could very well be a huge good surprise for the team if he could contribute this season  somehow if he can get up to speed.  Very talented player at a very weak position right now.

Get healthy, stay healthy kid!

See: McDoogle, Milliner

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hey, you pick enough of these talented injured guys ie. Milliner, McDougal ect., eventually you might get a guy the rebounds physically. Maybe Blessuan Austin will be that guy? Davis the LB for the Panthers has come back from 2 ACLs I believe? I think 6th is where you take these chances, instead of picking physically limited slow athletes like Donahue. 

But man can he drive good when he is hammered.

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DYIU%2FGKpHU5IwUDsWgXq.sWQ

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It was never about the veracity of the opinion. Or the quality of the opinion. 

Like I said, neither of us had any idea who he was. 

I read something and repeated it and you said it didn’t exist. 

Its not hard to admit you are wrong on the internet to strangers.  

Go ahead. Or keep digging. It’s fine, we both know it. 

The irony of this situation lolzzz.

but what I will say is you clearly repeated it on this thread as if he really was a 1st or 2nd round talent...so clearly you believed what you read. It’s cool man. I feel like this debate has ran course for the most part. 

Have a good day.

The irony of this situation lolzzz.

but what I will say is you clearly repeated it on this thread as if he really was a 1st or 2nd round talent...so clearly you believed what you read. It’s cool man. I feel like this debate has ran course for the most part. 

Have a good day.

Lol even after I freely admitted it wasn’t my opinion and said it was just something I read. That’s all any of us have on guys like this. 

Run away, that’s your best course now. What you should have done yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Dylan Donahue?  Slow?  He was actually very fast - like 80-90th percentile.  He was light and had teeny tiny arms.  Those were his big problems.  That and that he came from a D5 school.

3 hours ago, genot said:

Why are you angry!!!!!!!!!!!i was posting with someone else about where Austin would have been drafted, if not for injuries. Sorry. sounds like i ruined your day.

Because no one has a freaking clue whether Blessaun Austen will turn out to be an NFL player or not. This league is littered with late round & undrafted free agents. All the guy stated was that at one point B4 injuries some had him as a 2nd or 3rd day pick, that's all. 

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well I'd rather NJ.com then the NY Times at this point.

Just wondering, is there a list of approved links?  :)

20 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

But...but...but Chad Reuter from NFL.com said he was a day two talent back in 2016!

someone please remind me who the F Chad Reuter is ????

No offense intended but have you seen this kid play?   What is the basis for your negativity?   Do you have credentials for evaluating NFL talent that we dont know about?  

Please tell us why your opinion is better than the several positive ones from guys that have a blog or website or full time job and spend extensive time looking at and scouting these kids

He was a 6 th rd pick   Most of those are fringe players based on talent   Players fall all the time for injury concerns or being unable to contribute their rookie season  This kid obviously fell for health reasons    

Seems like a reasonable gamble to me but youre entitled to your own opinion   Im just wondering what the basis for it is

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

No offense intended but have you seen this kid play?   What is the basis for your negativity?   Do you have credentials for evaluating NFL talent that we dont know about?  

Please tell us why your opinion is better than the several positive ones from guys that have a blog or website or full time job and spend extensive time looking at and scouting these kids

He was a 6 th rd pick   Most of those are fringe players based on talent   Players fall all the time for injury concerns or being unable to contribute their rookie season  This kid obviously fell for health reasons    

Seems like a reasonable gamble to me but youre entitled to your own opinion   Im just wondering what the basis for it is

Well said.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Darryl Slater and co. aren’t people I would depend on for scouting opinions.

Just like all the other beat writers, and 99% of us on here, he most likely gets his opinions from some service he subscribes to.  Particularly on 6th round pick types. 

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

He has never seen him play. Has no independent opinion on him. Just what he’s read. Like the rest of us.  

He’s just upset that someone found an article that he never read and felt compelled to discount it. 

Even though he’d never seen it.

Or imagined that it existed. 

Which it did.   

52 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He has never seen him play. Has no independent opinion on him. Just what he’s read. Like the rest of us.  

He’s just upset that someone found an article that he never read and felt compelled to discount it. 

Even though he’d never seen it.

Or imagined that it existed. 

Which it did.   

Well when he becomes the next Darrelle Revis, we’ll talk.

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No one is saying he is the next Revis.  Hell, he might never play because of his injuries.

But people that get paid for their opinions thought he was a solid prospect and he is now our prospect and at a position of need.

Why why why is that so hard to acknowledge and root for???

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Talking out of your neck. 

Projections and realization are completely different things.

Wait, did that article exist?

Do you need a link?

I know  you said it didn’t exist but I could post a link if you’d like. 

Not that it’s accurate or anything. Which we all agree. 

But...it did exist. 

Let me know. 

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

No one is saying he is the next Revis.  Hell, he might never play because of his injuries.

But people that get paid for their opinions thought he was a solid prospect and he is now our prospect and at a position of need.

Why why why is that so hard to acknowledge and root for???

He refuses to acknowledge a differing opinion. 

Understand, he had no f*cking clue who the guy was before he was drafted. 

But HIS draft articles said Austin wasn’t a 1st or 2nd round talent so he sh*t on any independent opinion that said Austin was. 

@Patriot Killa is standing on the shoulders of shoulders.  Commendable  

He should just stop. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

But HIS draft articles said Austin wasn’t a 1st or 2nd round talent so he sh*t on any independent opinion that said Austin was. 

He should just stop. 

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you need a link?

But...it did exist. 

Let me know. 

You take your job very serious. 

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He should just stop. 

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you need a link?

But...it did exist. 

Let me know. 

Nope. I’m just bored. Sitting in a freezing cold hospital for a friend whilst the city is sweltering. 

You’re faux pas has provided endless entertainment. 

Seriously, do you need a link?

I could provide it. 

Not a lot going on. Watching John Wick 2. 

Making fun of you is more entertaining. I would think you’d want this thread to die. 

Let me know. Dr not coming up till 1 am so I can do this for a while. 

John Wick just killed like 70 guys.