I'm surprised this hasnt gained any traction here yet. Blessuan Austin cleared by doctors

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cant we all just hope Blessuan Austin turns out to be a superstar. 

I don't think anyone in this thread hopes he busts. He's a Jet and we're all rooting for him too succeed.

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s the interwebz bro it’s not that serious. 

You're still arguing with a more obnoxious version of JetNut. It's just not worth the time, camp opens in a week. 

1 minute ago, RobR said:

You're still arguing with a more obnoxious version of JetNut. It's just not worth the time, camp opens in a week. 

You’re the obnoxious one who sh*t on Austin. 

And doubted a report. 

Would have thought after PK tucked tail you would have left it alone. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You’re the obnoxious one who sh*t on Austin. 

And doubted a report. 

Would have thought after PK tucked tail you would have left it alone. 

Thanks for validating my response. 

Just now, RobR said:

Thanks for validating my response. 

Oh, you’re more than welcome. 

Do you also need a link to an article you didn’t think existed about a player you had had no f*cking clue who he was before we drafted him?

Because I’m pretty sure you had your panties in a bunch about an article I said existed that you said didn’t exist that in fact did exist. 

I could quote your earlier posts. 

I’m kind of bored now so I could link your earlier stupidity. 

Or would you prefer to just let it go. 

I’m getting the sense you fashion yourself as somewhat of a draft guru based on stuff you read, maybe read all of it before you call someone out.  

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you also need a link to an article you didn’t think existed about a player you had had no f*cking clue who he was before we drafted him?

I've seen a link from NJ.com and a Rutgers fanboy saying he might have been a first or second day talent. Not one draft report, just someone saying it tongue in cheek. The rest was from a teenager and a respected analyst that said 3rd or 4th round. 

There is not one reputable source that you initially stated when you said he was rated as a first round pick before his injuries. 

That's all this thread is about and it devolves into this garbage. It's something I've noticed with all of the threads you've been in lately. So beat your chest like a monkey but I'm done with you.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I've seen a link from NJ.com and a Rutgers fanboy saying he might have been a first or second day talent. Not one draft report, just someone saying it tongue in cheek. The rest was from a teenager and a respected analyst that said 3rd or 4th round. 

There is not one reputable source that you initially stated when you said he was rated as a first round pick before his injuries. 

That's all this thread is about and it devolves into this garbage. It's something I've noticed with all of the threads you've been in lately. So beat your chest like a monkey but I'm done with you.

So regardless of the veracity or validity of the article, you will admit that the article exists. 

You busted my balls that there was no one reporting  that. 

Which they did. 

Yet you suggested I had MY panties in a bunch when all I did was suggest it was something I read.

So you should probably just let it go. 

Or I could post a link and your earlier stupidity. 

Let me know. Like I said, I’ve got time.  

You fashion yourself as a draft guru but you are no better than the opinions you read. 

Just because there are opinions you haven’t read or disagree with doesn’t mean they are wrong or invalid. I notice you sh*tting on draft dudes who are actually on the googles.

I’m waiting for the RobR draft googles links.  

On 7/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Peace Frog said:

So regardless of the veracity or validity of the article, you will admit that the article exists. 

You busted my balls that there was no one reporting  that. 

Which they did. 

Yet you suggested I had MY panties in a bunch when all I did was suggest it was something I read.

So you should probably just let it go. 

Or I could post a link and your earlier stupidity. 

Let me know. Like I said, I’ve got time.  

You fashion yourself as a draft guru but you are no better than the opinions you read. 

Just because there are opinions you haven’t read or disagree with doesn’t mean they are wrong or invalid. I notice you sh*tting on draft dudes who are actually on the googles.

I’m waiting for the RobR draft googles links.  

Using a toothpick as a source doesn't validate your point. Some guy with a blog writes something and you quote it, doesn't mean he is correct or even has any information based on fact.  It is an opinion piece that you are quoting that states if he didn't get injured he could have been 1st or 2nd round talent.

This opinion is based on nothing, You pumping your chest for a beat writer on a terribly biased website stating an opinion sentence that props up a 6th round pick is not in fact a quality or useful source. It is in fact a useful as a chicken plucking keys on a keyboard. 

simpsons bird GIF

The only point I want to make here is that you, as well as all people, that read any articles should understand who wrote it, why they wrote it, and what biases they will have.  True Journalism is dying and as a society we should hold a greater standard to unbiased news and journalism. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Using a toothpick as a source doesn't validate your point. Some guy with a blog writes something and you quote it, doesn't mean he is correct or even has any information based on fact.  It is an opinion piece that you are quoting that states if he didn't get injured he could have been 1st or 2nd round talent.

This opinion is based on nothing, You pumping your chest for a beat writer on a terribly biased website stating an opinion sentence that props up a 6th round pick is not in fact a quality or useful source. It is in fact a useful as a chicken plucking keys on a keyboard. 

simpsons bird GIF

The only point I want to make here is that you, as well as all people, that read any articles should understand who wrote it, why they wrote it, and what biases they will have.  True Journalism is dying and as a society we should hold a greater standard to unbiased news and journalism. 

Maybe you should understand what I was saying before you cast stones. 

I admitted I read an article somewhere somehow that someone considered him on an arc to be a 1st or 2nd round pick before he got hurt. 

Not that the article was true, or that the author was an expert.  I said it could have been written by his Mom for all I knew. 

I just that I read it somewhere but couldn’t remember where.

I was accused of making it up, that it did not exist. Even after I freely admitted I couldn’t remember where I read it. 

I wasn’t pumping my chest that it was true or valid or anything like that. Just that I read it. Was it an opinion piece? Likely. But I was told it didn’t exist, in fact it couldn’t exist. That I made it up. 

But it did exist regardless of the truth or validity of it. 

Is that so hard to understand? 

• Thumb Down 2

On 7/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, Peace Frog said:

Don’t remember where I read it. Before his first ACL he was one of the better CBs in the Big 10 and had he continued on that arc was thought of as potentially a 1-2 round pick.  A bunch if ACLs later and that was flushed. 

I'm not asking this to be a smart-ass, but can anyone name a top-level pro CB that has had ACL tears in both legs?  (Or did he tear the same one twice?)  Seem like it would be a minor miracle, although I would be glad to see it.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm not asking this to be a smart-ass, but can anyone name a top-level pro CB that has had ACL tears in both legs?  (Or did he tear the same one twice?)  Seem like it would be a minor miracle, although I would be glad to see it.

Ok again. This was someone’s opinion/speculation BEFORE he tore his ACLs. 

He’s clearly not a top level pro CB anymore. 

On 7/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, RobR said:

Huh? It says third or fourth round but I give you credit for coming up with a decent source. 

Who the f cares who wins this argument?  He's a guy with some tools who got drafted late because he has a horrific injury history; in other words, a crap-shoot.  Can we agree on that?

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Who the f cares who wins this argument?  He's a guy with some tools who got drafted late because he has a horrific injury history; in other words, a crap-shoot.  Can we agree on that?

Amen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe you should understand what I was saying before you cast stones. 

I admitted I read an article somewhere somehow that someone considered him on an arc to be a 1st or 2nd round pick before he got hurt. 

Not that the article was true, or that the author was an expert.  I said it could have been written by his Mom for all I knew. 

I just that I read it somewhere but couldn’t remember where.

I was accused of making it up, that it did not exist. Even after I freely admitted I couldn’t remember where I read it. 

I wasn’t pumping my chest that it was true or valid or anything like that. Just that I read it. Was it an opinion piece? Likely. But I was told it didn’t exist, in fact it couldn’t exist. That I made it up. 

But it did exist regardless of the truth or validity of it. 

Is that so hard to understand? 

I know what you are fighting for... but that is the problem... You are regurgitating junk not knowing where it came from and what they actually said. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM... 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Considering you couldn’t provide the link, and the link that someone had to provide for you is from nj.com.

I’d say you very much talked out of the side of your neck. 

Glad its real and stuff and you can walk away with your head held high tho.

good stuff. I always enjoy a happy ending.

You and Robert Kraft

52 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I know what you are fighting for... but that is the problem... You are regurgitating junk not knowing where it came from and what they actually said. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM... 

Ahhh again, this is a stupid message board where people throw out opinions, some 100% accurate, some completely useless, sometimes just a link to an article. 

All I did was say I read something somewhere. 

And two dudes jumped me telling me I made it up, that it didn’t exist. 

Again, NOT my opinion, just like much of the views expressed here are not original opinions. Especially on 6th round draft choices. 

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM for not understanding what the mini-tiff was about. And perpetuating it. It was done.

I don’t know Austin from a hole in the wall just like 99.99% of the posters on this board. I thought it was interesting that someone, at some point (not just a fan in a message board) thought highly of him. And that I didn’t remember where I read it until someone else posted a link. 

I thought Jet fans on a Jet fan board might have liked a little throw away tidbit. 

Apparently  not. 

From now on, no more baseless opinions, no more articles that have not been 100% verified, by only the TOP analysts. 

I was going to suggest we’re going 11-5 in that other thread but I’ll refrain because I have no way to legitimately back up that opinion or any credible analyst to support my baseless opinion. 

Is that ok with you? Let me know what else is post-worthy or should not be posted. 

• Thumb Down 1