I'm surprised this hasnt gained any traction here yet. Blessuan Austin cleared by doctors

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will throw my useless two cents wherever the **** I want!

No it was the other useless dude downvoting all my posts because I respectfully told him to f*ck off. 

Next time I won’t be as respectful. 

Don’t tell me what I can post and what I can’t post. Agree with it or disagree with it, just don’t tell me I lied or I made something up or I didn’t read something I said I read. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Dennis Waszak Jr

A positive development for #Jets: CB Bless Austin practiced for first time this season.

6th-round pick out of Rutgers remains on Reserve/Non-Football Injury list, but is making progress from knee injury in college.

Jets have 21 days to add him to 53-man roster or put him on IR

Kid has a good reputation. Would love to see him turn into something.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Kid has a good reputation. Would love to see him turn into something.

What a nice surprise that would be! I recall the guys in our draft forum saying something like he had 2nd round talent but the injuries were a major concern. It was assumed most or all of the season would be a no-go for him. Calculated risk and a lottery ticket type of guy, but sometimes those work out! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Imagine if Quentin Williams turns into something, Chuma becomes a starting OT, Cashman is already a good ILB, and if Austin becomes a CB2 or CB3 ???

#HireMacc

?

Too bad he reached for Polite. He sh*t his pants with that one bad pick this past draft. He even drafted an O Lineman in round 3. If Mac only had drafted an O Lineman in each draft in the 1st or 2nd day he might still have a job - just not with us.

Jets’ Blessuan Austin: ‘I’m stronger, I’m faster’ than 2 ACL surgeries ago at Rutgers

Today 5:50 AM 

Blessuan Austin hadn’t been in pads and preparing to play football since Sept. 1, 2018.

That’s when Austin re-injured his surgically repaired ACL, ending his Rutgers season and career after just one game and restarting his lengthy rehab journey.

But Austin finally got back out on the field Wednesday, when he joined the Jets for his first-ever practice as a professional.

“I feel great. Words can’t really explain it,” Austin told NJ Advance Media. "It just feels good to be able to let it loose and just go play ball again.”

The Jets gambled and spent a sixth-round pick on Austin this past April, despite his two knee surgeries. 

But that risk could pay off over the coming weeks; the Jets’ roster is thin on cornerbacks and could use some reinforcements, if Austin is up to the task. The team has three weeks from Wednesday, the date of his first practice, to decide whether to activate him from the non-football-injury list or place him on season-ending injured reserve.

Obviously, Austin prefers one of those options to the other. And he’s convinced he can help this Jets team, if they’re willing to double down on their bet with him.

“I’m confident," Austin said. "I’m quicker than I was in college. College, I was quick, but not as quick as I am now. And not as smart as I am now. So I’m better.”

That’s right – Austin believes he’s quicker now, with a surgically repaired knee, than he was before the procedures. 

“I’m stronger, I’m faster than I was before,” Austin said. "I just have more control, body awareness. With all the rehab, repetition, everything, it just becomes muscle memory. You just keep doing it, doing it, doing it and your body knows how to react when you make certain movements.”

Add in his large frame – he measured 6-foot-1 and 198 pounds at the NFL Combine – and you have the makings of a potential contributor on a defense in need of them at his position.

So far, Austin has spent two practices running with the scout-team defense. He said he has not been limited in any way and that his knee is 100 percent. He’s been pleased with his performance against the team’s starting wide receivers, too.

Head coach Adam Gase can vouch for his early effectiveness.“He was making life miserable for a lot of the wide receivers,” Gase said.

That’s not to say Austin is off to a perfect start by any stretch of the imagination.

“I feel like I can get better with my hands, my hand placement has been a little rusty,” Austin said. “But my feet, I like where my feet are at right now.”

That’ll undoubtedly be one of the checkboxes on the Jets’ evaluation list over the next few weeks, as they decide what to do with Austin for the rest of this season. 

But no matter what conclusion Gase, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and general manager Joe Douglas come to, Austin is determined to remain the same. He prides himself on being hyper-focused and intends to keep that mindset, no matter what.

“I’m never in the moment,” Austin said. "I’m always onto the next thing. So yeah, it would be a wonderful and great thing to get activated. But I’ll also be thinking, ‘Alright, now it’s time to make something happen.’”

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets’ Blessuan Austin: ‘I’m stronger, I’m faster’ than 2 ACL surgeries ago at Rutgers

Today 5:50 AM 

Blessuan Austin hadn’t been in pads and preparing to play football since Sept. 1, 2018.

That’s when Austin re-injured his surgically repaired ACL, ending his Rutgers season and career after just one game and restarting his lengthy rehab journey.

But Austin finally got back out on the field Wednesday, when he joined the Jets for his first-ever practice as a professional.

“I feel great. Words can’t really explain it,” Austin told NJ Advance Media. "It just feels good to be able to let it loose and just go play ball again.”

The Jets gambled and spent a sixth-round pick on Austin this past April, despite his two knee surgeries. 

But that risk could pay off over the coming weeks; the Jets’ roster is thin on cornerbacks and could use some reinforcements, if Austin is up to the task. The team has three weeks from Wednesday, the date of his first practice, to decide whether to activate him from the non-football-injury list or place him on season-ending injured reserve.

Obviously, Austin prefers one of those options to the other. And he’s convinced he can help this Jets team, if they’re willing to double down on their bet with him.

“I’m confident," Austin said. "I’m quicker than I was in college. College, I was quick, but not as quick as I am now. And not as smart as I am now. So I’m better.”

That’s right – Austin believes he’s quicker now, with a surgically repaired knee, than he was before the procedures. 

“I’m stronger, I’m faster than I was before,” Austin said. "I just have more control, body awareness. With all the rehab, repetition, everything, it just becomes muscle memory. You just keep doing it, doing it, doing it and your body knows how to react when you make certain movements.”

Add in his large frame – he measured 6-foot-1 and 198 pounds at the NFL Combine – and you have the makings of a potential contributor on a defense in need of them at his position.

So far, Austin has spent two practices running with the scout-team defense. He said he has not been limited in any way and that his knee is 100 percent. He’s been pleased with his performance against the team’s starting wide receivers, too.

Head coach Adam Gase can vouch for his early effectiveness.“He was making life miserable for a lot of the wide receivers,” Gase said.

That’s not to say Austin is off to a perfect start by any stretch of the imagination.

“I feel like I can get better with my hands, my hand placement has been a little rusty,” Austin said. “But my feet, I like where my feet are at right now.”

That’ll undoubtedly be one of the checkboxes on the Jets’ evaluation list over the next few weeks, as they decide what to do with Austin for the rest of this season. 

But no matter what conclusion Gase, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and general manager Joe Douglas come to, Austin is determined to remain the same. He prides himself on being hyper-focused and intends to keep that mindset, no matter what.

“I’m never in the moment,” Austin said. "I’m always onto the next thing. So yeah, it would be a wonderful and great thing to get activated. But I’ll also be thinking, ‘Alright, now it’s time to make something happen.’”

Did you see the other Rutgers based article in the Ledger today? Supposedly, the AD is seeking input from the most influential HS coaches in the state as they look for the new coach. The head coach at Bridgewater-Raritan, all of about 20 mins from Rutgers, who has the largest football roster of any public HS in New Jersey,, never met or spoke to Chris Ash in his 3 years here. And they wonder why they have a D3 roster playing in the Big10. Can't make this sh*t up.

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Did you see the other Rutgers based article in the Ledger today? Supposedly, the AD is seeking input from the most influential HS coaches in the state as they look for the new coach. The head coach at Bridgewater-Raritan, all of about 20 mins from Rutgers, who has the largest football roster of any public HS in New jersey, never met or spoke to Chris Ash in his 3 years here. And they wonder why they have a D3 roster playing in the Big10. can't make this sh*t up.

No but the problem is some of the N.J schools do have great athletes who leave for bigger and better things. Most are good here in N.J expand their horizons and instead of being the big fish on the little pond, they become a fish in the pond. Ive seen it with my own son who was a standout baseball and football player. Greg Schiano recruited outside of N.J and thats why he was successful. Chris Ash recruited a friend of mines son who is on the team and it was very late in the recruiting process. Rutgers cannot compete in the Big 10 it's quite obvious. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...