I'm predicting 10 and 6 or 11 and 5!!!

5 hours ago, slats said:

I think they have to win those first two games because, if they don't, they could feasibly start the year 0-4. 

Sure.

The schedule never goes as predicted.  We will lose to teams that we “should” beat and we will beat teams that are highly favored to win over us. 

1 vs bills - W
2 vs browns - W (tricky gm)
3 @ NE - L
4 bye
5 @ Philly - L
6 vs Boys - W
7 vs NE - W
8 @ Jax - W
9 @ Miami - L
10 vs NYG - W
11 @ Skins - W
12 vs Oak - L ( tricky gm)
13 @ Cinci - W
14 vs Miami - W
15 @ Balt - L
16 vs Pit - W
17 @ bills - W
If the Jets can win home against Oakland then that'll give us 11 wins but there's something about playing Chucky I don't like

I love optimism. At least I think I do. I tell myself I do but then I find myself being s grumbler far too often.
So I’m in.
I do t know about 11-5 but I can honestly see us taking advantage of the pats early season sputters and beating them week 3. Gronk is out. ASJ is cut. Watson is suspended and that leaves them without the dominant TE they have used to great success over the years. They have Edelman and nkeal Harry (who I love) in his first three weeks in the NFL. It’s very possible that they aren’t firing on all cylinders and we punch them in the mouth. Especially if Q and Leo can generate the pressure up the middle right in Brady’s face.

We sweep Miami this year too. Mark it down. So that gives us a nice divisional record and presence. We do that and we have a shot

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

30 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I love optimism. At least I think I do. I tell myself I do but then I find myself being s grumbler far too often.
So I’m in.
I do t know about 11-5 but I can honestly see us taking advantage of the pats early season sputters and beating them week 3. Gronk is out. ASJ is cut. Watson is suspended and that leaves them without the dominant TE they have used to great success over the years. They have Edelman and nkeal Harry (who I love) in his first three weeks in the NFL. It’s very possible that they aren’t firing on all cylinders and we punch them in the mouth. Especially if Q and Leo can generate the pressure up the middle right in Brady’s face.

We sweep Miami this year too. Mark it down. So that gives us a nice divisional record and presence. We do that and we have a shot

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good points with missing there TE for the week 3 game.

We will also be missing our TE as well and will be coming off a short week with playing on Monday night the week before. @ Gillette stadium is always tough, I would love to see Adams give Edelman the business again in this game. 

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Either that or the Raiders entire team when Richie Incognito shows up to a team meeting with a chain saw and saws Gruden in half. Then says,” it’s ok guys, we can just sew him back together, just like they did in the movie.” 

This seems much more plausible than the Jets going 11-5

• Haha 2

Rookie head coaches, first year record 

al groh 9-7

Herman Edwards 10-6

Eric  mangini       10-6

rex ryan  9-7

todd bowles  10-6

adam gase.     ?

who knows but I have to say that the schedule is normally easier after a 4 win season. This schedule seems pretty tough 

10 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Good points with missing there TE for the week 3 game.

We will also be missing our TE as well and will be coming off a short week with playing on Monday night the week before. @ Gillette stadium is always tough, I would love to see Adams give Edelman the business again in this game. 

Yeah that's a crappy hand to have to go to Foxboro on a short week. Aint that just the way? 

The difference with our TE missing vs theirs is that they have been a TE dependent team or at least TE heavy over the last decade. there will at least be adjustment period.  They have their running game taking shape lately so who knows? It's still Brady and the Pats after all.  I still think this is the year our encroaching upon their reign begins. Maybe we split, but we're not getting swept.  I'll be cautious here but if we can beat Buffalo week one and the Pats week 3 then Sweep the Fins as I am confident will happen under Gase that's 4 wins in the division. That's a pretty damn good place to be for us.  F*ck the Pats already.  lol 

On 7/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, jeTMAC said:

1 vs bills - W

3 @ NE - L

4 bye

5 @ Philly - L

6 vs Boys - W

7 vs NE - W

8 @ Jax - W

9 @ Miami - L

10 vs NYG - W

11 @ Skins - W

13 @ Cinci - W

14 vs Miami - W

15 @ Balt - L

16 vs Pit - W

17 @ bills - W

If the Jets can win home against Oakland then that'll give us 11 wins but there's something about playing Chucky I don't like

I dont see us losing to Fitz

On 7/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, JiF said:

5-2 with a win over the Patriots and a 3 game win streak to get kicked in the balls by Miami.

Totally see it.

I'm in.

no love for gase?  okay but have you factored in the ex patsie coach becoming first tiem head coach scenario?  besides mangini has any ex patsie coach ever led their team to the playoffs during their first season?  seems like most times the patsie coaches don't do very well.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, jeTMAC said:

1 vs bills - W

3 @ NE - L

4 bye

5 @ Philly - L

6 vs Boys - W

7 vs NE - W

8 @ Jax - W

9 @ Miami - L

10 vs NYG - W

11 @ Skins - W

13 @ Cinci - W

14 vs Miami - W

15 @ Balt - L

16 vs Pit - W

17 @ bills - W

This is pretty reasonable. I’m nervous about Monday night against the browns and at Jax but I think we can do it. Although I agree we will prob split with the fins we should technically win both. Fish are not gona be good this year