NFL | ESPN has Plan B for Monday nights

Smizzy

NFL | ESPN has Plan B for Monday nights

Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:42:52 -0800

Andrew Marchand, of the New York Post, reports ESPN has a Plan B for their Monday Night Football broadcasts should they allow Al Michaels to leave, as previously reported. ESPN is strongly considering putting talk show host/columnist Tony Kornheiser on its telecast next year. If the network allows Michaels out of his contract then the new team is expected to be led by Mike Tirico. Tirico will be joined by Joe Theismann and Kornheiser, if Kornheiser agrees to ESPN's offer that is believed to be for around $1 million.

Tony Kornheiser could be the ugliest sports announcer in history. And while apparenly I'm told some people find him amusing his voice is grating as hell.

Probably an idea from the people who inflicted Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire on us at the same time.

Seriously-when ABC/ESPN had Mike Tirico and Sterling Sharpe do the "B" games, they weren't bad. Couldn't be worse than the 3 guys above.

ESPN is ****ing clueless. 30 minutes of Kornheiser is all I can take.

PS: Sterling Sharpe is a ****ing moron. He believes in the Michael Irvin/Stephen A. Smith school of thought that no one will pay attention to you unless you SCREAM EVERY ****ING THING THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!

ESPN is ****ing clueless. 30 minutes of Kornheiser is all I can take.

PS: Sterling Sharpe is a ****ing moron. He believes in the Michael Irvin/Stephen A. Smith school of thought that no one will pay attention to you unless you SCREAM EVERY ****ING THING THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!

I think you would be referring to his idiot brother, Shannon.

Why,why,why does Joe Theismann still have a job as a commentator??? :disgust:

haha, no kidding. While I like PTI, Kornheiser would make a terrible announcer. The guy wouldn't have a clue of what to say, thus leaving butthead THEESMAN to talk more. They won't last more than 1 season.

Its seems like they can't put two or three guys together that don't make themselves look like idiots; they always have to throw in at least one guy who is just plain horrible and drags the whole group down.

And thats not just espn, thats everybody lately.

Archived