It is July 21st and LeVeon Bell is already sick of you haters.

I feel sorry for this guy in some ways.  He has Steeler fans hating him for the rest of his life and if he doesn't produce here then Jets fans will join that restless Twitter mob.  It must be so much fun.  The dude tried to get paid at a time when more and more league RB's are being told by the media how replaceable they are.  I mean, THE NERVE!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I feel sorry for this guy in some ways.  He has Steeler fans hating him for the rest of his life and if he doesn't produce here then Jets fans will join that restless Twitter mob.  It must be so much fun.  The dude tried to get paid at a time when more and more league RB's are being told by the media how replaceable they are.  I mean, THE NERVE! 

That doesn't mean he needs to have rabbit ears.  The first through the wall always gets bloodied.  He needs to recognize that and stop listening to the criticism.  Let your play do the talking and work towards getting a 3rd big contract elsewhere after 2020. 

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The video is amusing, but you can’t be antagonistic regarding a situation you created and then catch feelings when people get annoyed with you, especially when those people are worthless randos in your mentions. Bell was a douche with the Steelers (as evidenced by the actual locker room(!) coming out against him) and he received zero interest from every non-Maccagnan team in the league as a free agent. He settled for a short money contract you’d give to a decent starting corner. If he pulls any primadonna sh*t here, Gase is going to catapult him onto the surface of the sun. One would hope that he gained some perspective over the last year, but it doesn’t appear to be the case. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The video is amusing, but you can’t be antagonistic regarding a situation you created and then catch feelings when people get annoyed with you, especially when those people are worthless randos in your mentions. Bell was a douche with the Steelers (as evidenced by the actual locker room(!) coming out against him) and he received zero interest from every non-Maccagnan team in the league as a free agent. He settled for a short money contract you’d give to a decent starting corner. If he pulls any primadonna sh*t here, Gase is going to catapult him onto the surface of the sun. One would hope that he gained some perspective over the last year, but it doesn’t appear to be the case. 

We'll see.  But if he helps us a win a SB, I'm just curious... can I keep bump this thread in a few years for everybody to see?

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

We'll see.  But if he helps us a win a SB, I'm just curious... can I keep bump this thread in a few years for everybody to see?

What’s tough with Bell is that he clearly has the ability to be a dominant player but we’re here guessing if he’s going to show up and be a dominant player. I want to be excited about this signing, but I gave this signing the side-eye because a back on a second contact is almost universally never worth it. I’m hoping for the best, but ehh

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

What’s tough with Bell is that he clearly has the ability to be a dominant player but we’re here guessing if he’s going to show up and be a dominant player. I want to be excited about this signing, but I gave this signing the side-eye and I hope I’m working about it. 

The trend in this league is to think that running back production can be replaced by a decent young back.  There is more value placed on having a good offensive line now in both the NFL and in college.  If the running game fails this year, it won't be because Bell lacks ability.  It will be because our last GM was a _____ moron.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you say it’s 2x speed or 3x+ speed? 3x speed people are only acceptable if they’re late for a flight or train.

Generally 2x, but everyone just standing there drive me nuts. This device is here to assist us up. It's not an elevator. Only thing worse is the people standing on the moving walkways at the airport. I mean, I'm a lazy person, but come on! 

• Sympathy 1