Tailgate tent question

Random I know but this summer got a nice Gotham green 8x8 tent. Used to be a back of the truck type of tailgater but want to step up my game. That said where’s suggestions on best places to pitch tents without getting yelled at once lot starts to fill up. Any help from some of you pros be helpful. Thanks and stay cool. 

Park in a regular spot and put the tent over the back portion of your car/truck or directly behind it and tailgate off the back is the best bet. 

It all depends where you tailgate as far as taking up an extra spot to tailgate and then there are the curb spots along the back edge of most of the lots. 

Enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Park in a regular spot and put the tent over the back portion of your car/truck or directly behind it and tailgate off the back is the best bet. 

It all depends where you tailgate as far as taking up an extra spot to tailgate and then there are the curb spots along the back edge of most of the lots. 

Enjoy. 

Blocking the roadway? Nope

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Everybody does it and you aren't in the entire section of the roadway. 

Park a truck in a regular spot and the entire spot is taken up.  A 8X8 tent will block the roadway and they can make you take it down.  

No one does that, they take up a second spot

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for new york jets tailgate pics

Indeed, turning entire swaths of the Meadowlands parking lot into a urine-soaked Hooverville is part of that world-renowned Jersey Jets Fan experience 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You know better Joe.  

Back end of a lot, wider than the isles close to the stadium, less traffic, maybe.  

Not any old regular spot

Just now, T0mShane said:

Indeed, turning entire swaths of the Meadowlands parking lot into a urine-soaked Hooverville is part of that world-renowned Jersey Jets Fan experience 

Come on you wake up on cold urine soaked tile floors wedged between the toilet and the urinal and you have room to talk. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You know better Joe.  

Back end of a lot, wider than the isles close to the stadium, less traffic, maybe.  

Not any old regular spot

I did it last season Green lot no one said a word and others did the same. 

You cant put the tent in the middle of the road. 

Common sense. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't know what or who that picture is nowhere near  or related to a NY Jets game.

Maybe at a yard sale or fair at the low income assisted living facility where you live? 

Is that your mom or gf? 

When I saw the blowup gazebo, I knew it had to be you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Enjoy. 

Never measured the yellow parking lot size. Any one know?

Just get there early, put the tent in an empty space right next to your vehicle.  If someone wants to park in said spot, tell them you are holding it for your cousin.  Thereafter, you can go back to launching K2s at BMWs.  Been doing that for close to 30 years.

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

look, here's some truth

you can try to get away with whatever you want but to take up any space someone else can park in is rude. It seem that there are whole generations that could care less about rude and more about what they can get away with. So be it, but there is a measure of civilization that is disappearing. This is when it all falls apart. If you do not understand this you are part of the problem. 

Time and time again, I see people taking up more than their space. The patrols are useless idiots and simply pass by all the violators. If you need to put up a large tent there are two places, Green parking at the walk in and yellow by the roadway curb. You get there EARLY or you do not put up these monstrosities.   

Sorry if any of you don't like it but watching folks drive around this awful ballpark looking for parking while others take up extra spaces with their tents and cornhole games is simply wrong.

One of the many reasons that going to Jets games suck so much more than it used to

Every week you drive looking for a space.  You have to weave around Joe and his friends, trying to avoid the stupid tent dwellers while not hitting someone who is just trying to have fun and not get hit by cars avoiding Joe.  

Just as bad are those who think their parking fee allows them to take up two spots while you cant park close and had a life so didnt get to the stadium at dawn.

Was easier at Shea when I would just park on the street and walk into the lot to tailgate with friends

Me first mentality is wonderful.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Common practice and allowed. 

No offense, these are in the road, the middle of it.

A car driving down the left side would have to go to the right, over the middle to pass.  If some other inconsiderate bastard pitched their tent across on the other side, it gets doubly dangerous.  But, yeah, its all good 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Every week you drive looking for a space.  You have to weave around Joe and his friends, trying to avoid the stupid tent dwellers while not hitting someone who is just trying to have fun and not get hit by cars avoiding Joe.  

Just as bad are those who think their parking fee allows them to take up two spots while you cant park close and had a life so didnt get to the stadium at dawn.

Was easier at Shea when I would just park on the street and walk into the lot to tailgate with friends

Me first mentality is wonderful.  

Im not there every week and get there early and not 30 minutes before kickoff and this wouldn't happen.

I am respectful and courteous and I don't play Molly Hatchet full throttle if you see me when im there stop by I buy you a beer. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense, these are in the road, the middle of it.

A car driving down the left side would have to go to the right, over the middle to pass.  If some other inconsiderate bastard pitched their tent across on the other side, it gets doubly dangerous.  But, yeah, its all good 

No its not STOP 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No its not STOP 

If you have to drive around those tents, youre now in the middle of the road. 

Sorry you dont want to hear that but your own picture proves it true.  If im driving by i either go over the middle of the road or hit those tents.

Its rude as can be.

• Upvote 1