Serby: Sam Darnold sounds off on playoffs and catching Patriots

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Q: Is your body fat percentage down?
A: I lost 3 percent body fat. I feel a lot better.

Q: How’d you do it?
A: So you just work out and you eat right (smile). And get sleep. That’s about it.

Q: What is your body fat percentage now?
A: It’s 13, which isn’t technically great, but it’s definitely a lot better than what I was.

Q: Weight?
A: 220.

Q: What were you last year?
A: 220.

Q: But it’s a better 220?
A: Yeah. I gained muscle, lost fat.

anyone else creeped out by this

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jamison’s a great slot player. During games, he just kind of does his own thing, which is nice for me, ’cause I feel like sometimes when a play breaks down, if something’s not perfect right away, we’ve already kind of seen how we’re on the same page in terms of scramble mode.

This is why I’m predicting Crowder to thrive here. This is going to be big in 2019-20.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

just about finding completions. That’s kind of the name of the game right now, ’cause defenses don’t really get as much time to practice tackling anymore with the CBA. Once I get completions, whether it’s a yard from the line of scrimmage, I know my guys are capable of making yards after the catch.

Holy sh*t.

The 20-something kid gets this, but everyone we’ve hired during his lifetime when this trend evolved did not.

Belli has understood this for 2 decades. We finally caught up to basic strategy!!!

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

This was my favorite part of this wonderful playboy magazine centerfold addition of Sam Darnold.

Wins > Points > D > Swagger and then reiterate wins and points.  #priorities.  Him and Gase know you gotta score to win.

I love the recognition of what we've been through as a fanbase and how loyal we are to godforsaken team.  It's almost like he gets us but more specifically me.  He can see my soul but we've never even met.  I love him.

No kidding. Dude is literally almost impossible not to like. Good parents I'm guessing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Sam takes his job seriously & has everything you need to be a successful QB. Talented athletes that work hard = Winners! 

Its a pretty simple equation. Archie Manning was an outlier because the Saints were truly a horribly run franchise. Winning a Super Bowl takes some luck from other positions.

Tuck Rule. Vinereiri kicks a 45 yard FG in the snow.

Pete Carroll gets cute from the 1/2 yard line while he's got a guy called THE BEAST in the backfield. 

Falcons coach Quinn doesn't take the air out of the ball with a 23 point lead. Guy had Ryan taking snaps with 15 seconds still on the clock.

Chiefs intercept Brady to ice game but Dee Ford is offsides. 

A lot of things have to go right or wrong for the other team to get to & win a Super Bowl.