Sign in to follow this  
jetfan39

Marcus Maye to PUP list

The Jets have placed safeties Marcus Maye and Brandon Bryant on the active/physically unable to perform list and rookie cornerback Bless Austin on the active/non-football-injury list.

Maye, who is recovering from shoulder and thumb injuries that cut his 2018 season short, practiced in 7-on-7 periods in OTAs and minicamp, but was held out of team drills.

Bryant spent last year on the Green & White’s practice squad after he wasn’t selected in the supplemental draft. Austin, this year’s sixth-round draft pick out of Rutgers, is rehabbing a season-ending knee injury suffered in the Scarlet Knights’ 2018 season opener.

All three players can return to practice when cleared.

As per Jets official website

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh no how will this impact their status as the “best safety duo in the league”? 

“I never saw this post coming” ....said nobody ever. 😉

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boy, I sure am glad we drafted that back-up plan safety in the 1st round before Maye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maye is a total disaster.  If he cant stay on the field this year, its time to move on.  

This guy makes chad pennington look like a slab of granite.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Maye is not good enough to miss a lot of practice.  He's still a young player by NFL standards and his time away from the practice field and his team is a recurring issue.  You'll have some sy it's not a big deal.  But for this team that needs everything to fall into place this is a big deal.  He needs every second with his teammates.  The guy never practices or plays.  he's going to realize very very soon that this game will pass guys like him by.  That time is close for him.  he hasn't done anything to be remembered yet.  

• Haha 1

"Maye had shoulder surgery after going on injured reserve late last season. He worked in a limited capacity during the team’s offseason program and the 2017 second-round pick is expected to be ready to go for the start of the regular season."

Sounds like they are just being cautious with him right now.

• Upvote 2

At some point he's going to lose the confidence of Adams, who will get more familiar with someone else.  Then he's toast.  He needs to get back on the field.  Best ability = availability.  He hasn't proven that yet

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In on other news, scientists have determined that the sky on most days looks blue,  and most men find Elizabeth Hurley somewhat attractive.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

He said Gase wouldn’t risk rushing him back. 

He’s not inactive. Half the league is on the PUP/ non-injury list. Check out the Patriots roster.

Everybody take a breath, it’s going to be okay. 

you've been saying that for years.  problem is, it's never OK bc our guys don't develop the cohesion needed.  we need our marquee players to be available and gel.  We need Maye.  for every practice.  we're not good enough.

When we play 3-4 extra games a year bc we go deep in the playoffs i will understand.  maye needs to get on the field.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is a non-story. PUP before training camp means nothing. I would bet he starts week 1. 

what are the odds?

Would be a good Draft Kings prop bet. 

I’m still on the Maye train. 

He’s IMHO a great FS and I’m thinking he’s going to be healthy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

At some point he's going to lose the confidence of Adams, who will get more familiar with someone else.  Then he's toast.  He needs to get back on the field.  Best ability = availability.  He hasn't proven that yet

Keep this up and at some point you’re going to lose the confidence of me. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

robot wtf GIF

Granted this thread is right in your wheelhouse, but this is perfection.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just when I think the second round curse was broken.... I hate to be that kind of fan but things like this doesn't look good for Maye and if it continues it fits a pattern of second rounders busting on us. Maybe we really should just keep trading that pick, never seems to work for us.

Eric Berry, S, Chiefs. Age: 30.  star.gifstar.gifstar.gif 
Eric Berry was once known as one of the top safeties in the NFL. Unfortunately, between cancer and Achilles/foot issues, Berry has regressed. He struggled late last year, so the Chiefs have decided to move on with another safety. The good news is that a doctor said Berry will not need surgery, so he'll have a chance to bounce back next year. He's 30, but it's not out of the question that he could return to playing on a Pro Bowl level. 

Tre Boston, S, Cardinals. Age: 27.  star.gifstar.gifstar.gif 
Tre Boston misses some tackles, but he's excellent in coverage. Aside from Patrick Peterson, he's been one of the primary reasons why the Cardinals were ranked so highly in pass coverage this past season. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

No need to overreact to this news.  Lot of guys who have offseason or season ending surgery are placed on PUP as a precaution to preserve the roster spot and come off of it early in camp. 

Just as long as he is ready to go week 1.  And remains ready for all subsequent weeks thereafter.

I try to be an optimistic person.  This is overly optimistic. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

most men find Elizabeth Hurley somewhat attractive.

When is that going to stop happening.  She is in her 50s and still the hottest woman out there. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

In my opinion this completely sucks! I really liked this player his rookie season I'm really thought he could come on strong.

To me the worst of this release is that it involves both Maye AND Bryant.  I was hoping that Bryant could replace Maye.