Marcus Maye to PUP list

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What a shame, he seems to be a bit brittle.

and to think we could have had Dalvin Cook.

So being cautious about his previous injury and practicing in OTAs... Makes him brittle to you?

Or you don't read? ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What a shame, he seems to be a bit brittle.

and to think we could have had Dalvin Cook.

I wanted Cook over Maye in that draft, but Cook may be even more brittle.  Cook missed 12 games to an ACL tear in 2017 and 5 games with hamstring strain in 2018.  Maye has started and played more games over 2 seasons than Cook.

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

I wanted Cook over Maye in that draft, but Cook may be even more brittle.  Cook missed 12 games to an ACL tear in 2017 and 5 games with hamstring strain in 2018.  Maye has started and played more games over 2 seasons than Cook. 

At least when Cook plays he looks like a top 10 player at his position. 

• Upvote 1

I keep saying this over and over and over again. Maye DOES seem to be injury prone. He has had a history of injuries going back to college. 

HOWEVER, this notion that he can't ever get on the field is ridiculous. He's been in the league for 2 seasons, played ALL 16 games as a rookie and missed 10 games last year due to a season ending shoulder surgery. That does not equate 'can't ever get on the field'. 

Being on PUP after surgery is a no-brainer if the coaching staff has faith in the player's abilities and even the concern that some more time is needed to rehab. 

To me, it's pretty much obvious Jets are just being cautious and Maye will be ready to go for pre-season and/or day 1 of regular season.  

This idea that Maye can't ever get on the field is just as much of a fallacy as the idea that Leo is lazy, R. Anderson is a one-trick pony and fumbles all the time, CJ Mosley is a one-dimensional 'thumper', and Jamal Adams was a wasted pick purely because he is a safety.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I keep saying this over and over and over again. Maye DOES seem to be injury prone. He has had a history of injuries going back to college. 

HOWEVER, this notion that he can't ever get on the field is ridiculous. He's been in the league for 2 seasons, played ALL 16 games as a rookie and missed 10 games last year due to a season ending shoulder surgery. That does not equate 'can't ever get on the field'. 

Being on PUP after surgery is a no-brainer if the coaching staff has faith in the player's abilities and even the concern that some more time is needed to rehab. 

To me, it's pretty much obvious Jets are just being cautious and Maye will be ready to go for pre-season and/or day 1 of regular season.  

This idea that Maye can't ever get on the field is just as much of a fallacy as the idea that Leo is lazy, R. Anderson is a one-trick pony and fumbles all the time, CJ Mosley is a one-dimensional 'thumper', and Jamal Adams was a wasted pick purely because he is a safety.  

Fully agreed.  To infer the guy is still hurt (and is always hurt) due to extreme caution on the part of the team, seems like an overreaction to me.  I'm excited to have him back on the field with Adams and I think it will help our weak CB.

7 hours ago, PepPep said:

Maye is an injury prone player there is no way to spin it

On 7/23/2019 at 7:20 AM, CanadienJetsFan said:

He hasn’t played much over the last few years or has he? 

I hope it’s nothing like you do 

I feel like people just make up things like this...

He started all 16 games as a rookie. Then started 6 games last year.

He got hurt and is recovering/recovered.

Am I missing something, there is nothing to talk about.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ECURB said:

I feel like people just make up things like this...

He started all 16 games as a rookie. Then started 6 games last year.

He got hurt and is recovering/recovered.

Am I missing something, there is nothing to talk about.

Thats about right