Bills hire fired Texans GM Brian Gaine to front office staff

Has Macc gotten hired anywhere yet?

Gaine previously was a scout with the Jets from 1999-2004 and followed Parcells to the Cowboys. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036617/article/bills-add-extexans-gm-brian-gaine-to-front-office-staff

Bills add ex-Texans GM Brian Gaine to front office staff

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer

Ex-Houston Texans general manager Brian Gaine landed a new job with a former team.

The Buffalo Bills hired Gaine as a senior personnel advisor to assist with both pro and college scouting, the team announced Tuesday.

The Texans stunningly fired Gaine in June after just one season in the GM role, during which his team won the AFC South title. He'd previously worked as Houston's director of player personnel from 2014 to 2016.

Gaine spent 2017 as the Bills vice president of player personnel. He now returns to Buffalo where he will once again work under GM Brandon Beane and assist with the scouting process. Gaine previously worked with the New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, and Miami Dolphins.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Has Macc gotten hired anywhere yet?

Gaine previously was a scout with the Jets from 1999-2004 and followed Parcells to the Cowboys. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036617/article/bills-add-extexans-gm-brian-gaine-to-front-office-staff

Bills add ex-Texans GM Brian Gaine to front office staff

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer

Ex-Houston Texans general manager Brian Gaine landed a new job with a former team.

The Buffalo Bills hired Gaine as a senior personnel advisor to assist with both pro and college scouting, the team announced Tuesday.

The Texans stunningly fired Gaine in June after just one season in the GM role, during which his team won the AFC South title. He'd previously worked as Houston's director of player personnel from 2014 to 2016.

Gaine spent 2017 as the Bills vice president of player personnel. He now returns to Buffalo where he will once again work under GM Brandon Beane and assist with the scouting process. Gaine previously worked with the New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, and Miami Dolphins.

Very smart move. The Texans are idiots for letting this blow up like it has on them. 

The Bills are smart to get an experience GM in the house as a consultant. I wish the Jets were smart enough to do something like that for once.   *Wink *Wink 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Remember that video we had here a few weeks back that showed the goings on in the Bills war room during the draft? How impressed we all were?

They have a good GM, and a very deep talent pool in their FO, and they just got even deeper and better.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Remember that video we had here a few weeks back that showed the goings on in the Bills war room during the draft? How impressed we all were?

They have a good GM, and a very deep talent pool in their FO, and they just got even deeper and better.

Very good moves by the Bills IMHO.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

It’s always been about the race between the Bills and Jets to build a more complete team so right as Brady retires, x team will be primed to take over the AFCE for years to come.

The Jets have done a good job and I think the Bills have too. I thought they solidified their OL in FA better and added role players like Beasley to give Allen something other than Ray Ray McCloud. But we got Le’Veon Bell and Crowder.

It’s going to always come down to the QB though so this seasons going to be fun playing against them. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s always been about the race between the Bills and Jets to build a more complete team so right as Brady retires, x team will be primed to take over the AFCE for years to come.

The Jets have done a good job and I think the Bills have too. I thought they solidified their OL in FA better and added role players like Beasley to give Allen something other than Ray Ray McCloud. But we got Le’Veon Bell and Crowder.

It’s going to always come down to the QB though so this seasons going to be fun playing against them. 

Agreed. The Bills had the offseason I wanted the Jets to have. I'm happy with what we did overall and we definitely added more of that top their talent with Bell and Mosely,  but the Bills went OL hard. Getting Morse(although injured) and Ford in the 2nd were strong moves. Even having Spencer Long in the depth or G position is pretty solid.  I wanted the Jets to go all in on OL this offseason and was disappointed that they didn't. The Bills did a good job of making Allen the focus of the offseason. 

• Upvote 1