Anyone want to do 2019 Fantasy Football League - on NFL.com

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Independent drafts ? Incidentally the best league I have been in had 16 teams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So if you do independent drafts in the 2 separate leagues, when it's time for the playoffs does that mean teams from the independent leagues have many of the same players when they face off?

Not being a wise guy..... just trying to understand how this would work? The waiver wire would also be CRAZY! 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

How is a 20 team draft going to work? We’d be drafting Jets players ( Wesco)by the 6th round!

10 or 12 team is usually the best distribution of talent among teams. Whatever the majority wants I’m down for.

2 separate leagues, each with its own draft.  The leagues do not compete against each other.  The 2 league champions are determined on week 16 in the Final for each league.  Those two winners can face off against each other manually in week 17 if we want.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

So if you do independent drafts in the 2 separate leagues, when it's time for the playoffs does that mean teams from the independent leagues have many of the same players when they face off?

Not being a wise guy..... just trying to understand how this would work? The waiver wire would also be CRAZY! 

the leagues are completely independent of each other for 16 weeks.  In wk 16 each one gets a champion.  It was my suggestion that there be a single face off done manually between those two winners in week 17, and yes, those two teams might each have some of the same players.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

2 separate leagues, each with its own draft.  The leagues do not compete against each other.  The 2 league champions are determined on week 16 in the Final for each league.  Those two winners can face off against each other manually in week 17 if we want.

The only thing is that Week 17 is such a crapshoot with guys sitting or playing a half etc.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The only thing is that Week 17 is such a crapshoot with guys sitting or playing a half etc.

I'd leave it up to those two winners to decide if they want to face off in week 17.  But I think all the prize money would/should go to the pair of week 16 winners and runners up.  The week 17 would be mainly for bragging rights.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:
  1. @BornJetsFan1983 
  2. @BroadwayBen 
  3. @Rolloffjet
  4. @32EBoozer
  5. @Dcat 
  6. @Philc1
  7. @Gastineau Lives 
  8. @jetstream23
  9. @Patriot Killa
  10. @BrickTamland
  11. @Ghost420
  12. @Smashmouth 
  13. @Dunnie 
  14. @Greenseed4 
  15. @tdoublee 
  16. @Xtina

I assume everyone on this list is cool with the $50 entry fee.  If not let us know and we will take you off this list.

I'd be fine with a $25 entry fee. $50 for a 16 team league certainly lessens your odds of seeing a ROI.

I'm not a professional FFL like some of you guys. How about 2 leagues of 12 vs. 1 League of 16? 

• Upvote 2

Yes or a one game redraft

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'd be fine with a $25 entry fee. $50 for a 16 team league certainly lessens your odds of seeing a ROI.

I'm not a professional FFL like some of you guys. How about 2 leagues of 12 vs. 1 League of 16? 

This . 16 Teams is way too much waters down the league

3 hours ago, Dcat said:
  1. @BornJetsFan1983 
  2. @BroadwayBen 
  3. @Rolloffjet
  4. @32EBoozer
  5. @Dcat 
  6. @Philc1
  7. @Gastineau Lives 
  8. @jetstream23
  9. @Patriot Killa
  10. @BrickTamland
  11. @Ghost420
  12. @Smashmouth 
  13. @Dunnie 
  14. @Greenseed4 
  15. @tdoublee 
  16. @Xtina

I assume everyone on this list is cool with the $50 entry fee.  If not let us know and we will take you off this list.

Im good with that 

4 hours ago, Dcat said:
  1. @BornJetsFan1983 
  2. @BroadwayBen 
  3. @Rolloffjet
  4. @32EBoozer
  5. @Dcat 
  6. @Philc1
  7. @Gastineau Lives 
  8. @jetstream23
  9. @Patriot Killa
  10. @BrickTamland
  11. @Ghost420
  12. @Smashmouth 
  13. @Dunnie 
  14. @Greenseed4 
  15. @tdoublee 
  16. @Xtina

I'm fine with it (either $25 or 50) and I'll tell you how to send me the winnings at the end of the season.  :D

That's right....no more 2nd Place......I'm gunning for you, @Patriot Killa !

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

it will either be two 10-team leagues or two 12-team leagues.  Each league champ and the runner up will get payouts for sure.  SO it's NOT a 16-team league.  It's either 10 or 12.  @32EBoozer @Smashmouth

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

it will either be two 10-team leagues or two 12-team leagues.  Each league champ and the runner up will get payouts for sure.  SO it's NOT a 16-team league.  It's either 10 or 12.  @32EBoozer @Smashmouth

This is correct. 12 team is ideal. Unless you are big FF player, more teams will really give some a disadvantage if it is a 14 or 16 team league. It should be 2 12 team leagues.

whoever scores the most during the SUper bowl week will be names JET NATION FF CHAMP! But both 1, 2, and 3rd place of the two leagues will be paid. If it is 50 dollar buy in 3rd gets money back and 1st get most 400 and second gets 150.

That is the way we should do it

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im also ok with a 16 team league...i play fantasy every year, you should just know that the quality players will be taken up quick. It makes it harder to draft a good team. And the WW will suck pretty bad

Let’s wait and see how many ppl show up for draft day first 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This . 16 Teams is way too much waters down the league

12 teams is a bit to little ... Too many teams have all-star rosters ... I assume we are doing a snake draft 1-16(12) ... 16(12)-1 ?

54 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'd still prefer $25 to $50.  I have twin sons entering College this year. Things will be tight!

How about one league $25 and the other $50?  They will be independent of each other so it doesn't matter.  

Everyone should choose 25 or 50.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

12 teams is a bit to little ... Too many teams have all-star rosters ... I assume we are doing a snake draft 1-16(12) ... 16(12)-1 ?

I've always found that 12 teams is about as much as you can stretch it, depending on roster size. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I've always found that 12 teams is about as much as you can stretch it, depending on roster size. 

I like 12 the best but I'm fine with 10.  Did 14 once and didn't like it 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That’s what he’s doing! Or 10 if only 20 sign up.