WayneChrebet80

Offense vs Defense-Which unit is better in 2019?

A reminder that this guy is the one who think Daniel Jones> Darnold so please don't take anything that he says seriously and get riled up.

If Darnold is going to be as good as I think he will be, it's going to be the offense. 

The defense has a chance to have a nice front 7, but I need to see our secondary exhibit at least some semblance of competence before I get too excited about the defense. I also think G Williams is a tad bit overrated. 

Offense.  If Darnold makes that second year jump many people feel he can then that will take this whole team to another level.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:51 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

right now I would pick defense.

call me crazy, but I think Mosley is going to help a lot and Leonard Williams has a big contract year. 

I wasn’t a fan of the Quinnen Williams pick, but it’s a possibility he contributes as well.

On offense I just don’t see it. Bad OL, Malcontent RB, young mistake prone QB, and a bad play caller. 

I'd sure as sh*t hope so.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

If that becomes the case, we’re a 4-12 team again.

I kind of like the way our offense looks. I like GW a lot, but the defense worries me. CB, obviously, Leo needs to step up, Maye needs to stay on the field, Shepherd and McLendon are meh.Theres a chance the defense becomes a very good unit,  I just think it’s more likely the offense does.

Although to be honest as I’m writing this I’m actually feeling pretty optimistic about both. Who knows? We might actually be good this year!

Our talent level especially at WR, OL, CB and pass rusher is way below average. The only (maybe) solution we have at a critical position is QB. This team has 6-7 wins written all over it IMHO. Hope to be wrong. Go Jets.

• Downvote 1

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read on these forums in quite a while

This guy is a troll Bills fan. I’d tell you to check out his other threads but don’t. Just don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Our talent level especially at WR, OL, CB and pass rusher is way below average. The only (maybe) solution we have at a critical position is QB. This team has 6-7 wins written all over it IMHO. Hope to be wrong. Go Jets.

The think is that Sam and Bell can overcome the OL and WR deficiencies. The secondary is just awful and will hurt the rest of the defense.

Just now, kdels62 said:

The think is that Sam and Bell can overcome the OL and WR deficiencies. The secondary is just awful and will hurt the rest of the defense.

I don't think so. Bell as a dangerous receiver out of the backfield will take some pressure off the OL but nothing can overcome a bottom-three OL.

9 hours ago, Grandy said:

A reminder that this guy is the one who think Daniel Jones> Darnold so please don't take anything that he says seriously and get riled up.

Yeah, Giants fan trolling Jets. As soon as you see Bell described as a malcontent, you know it's total BS. The Darnold comment is stupid as well. 

• Upvote 1

I like or D a lot however,

Put our defense on the field against our offense.  I bet Darnold gets them down the field pretty damn often and would rack up a significant amount of points.  

Therefore, Offense wins. 

19 hours ago, NoBowles said:

It’s almost like jets fans don’t watch other teams play, and realize that in the current NFL, every team has holes short of the Pats who outcoach and outcheat everyone.

When you have over 100 million dollars to play with in Fa , and top three pick in the draft you should be able to address most of your holes/ needs you have   on the team.( even if it's just on paper) . See the Colts who were able to improve bigtime because what they did in Fa, and the draft last year.

The Jets had major needs heading into this offseason  , and  they fail to address those holes / needs heading into training camp..      ( CB,center,  pass rushers, offense line  etc).  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Grandy said:

Getting butthurt over opinions is so Jet Fan.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Except when you're getting trolled so obviously. Of course you knew that.

“Gettin’ trolled” is a convenient excuse to avoid debating the substance of a disagreeable opinion.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dupe said:

I like or D a lot however,

Put our defense on the field against our offense.  I bet Darnold gets them down the field pretty damn often and would rack up a significant amount of points.  

Therefore, Offense wins. 

See, I told ya

3 hours ago, jgb said:

“Gettin’ trolled” is a convenient excuse to avoid debating the substance of a disagreeable opinion.

Except when you're getting trolled for real. Debating trolls is for chumps.

7 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Except when you're getting trolled for real. Debating trolls is for chumps.

Methinks you’re more worried about losing an internet debate, which is pretty sad.

16 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Pot-stirring is not an argument. 

Pot-stirring IS the Internet