Titans Safety Kevin Byard signs for 5 years 70 mill (31 guaranteed)

1 minute ago, Team archer said:

Now what are the odds that our new gm dosent want to pay jamal adams? Will the board flip sh*t? Because me personally, id pay him but im not a GM. 

Byard is a different type of safety. He had a 8 int season and a 4 on top of 90 tackles a season. (Non rookie seasons)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Byard is a different type of safety. He had a 8 int season and a 4 on top of 90 tackles a season. (Non rookie seasons)

Yeah but regardless. If jamal wants to be paid like a top safety, even though hes in the box more(im guessing byard is more of a coverage safety) are we even in a position to tell him no?

Just now, Peace Frog said:

It’s not a position that produces wins so why would anyone pay a great safety all that money. 

The Titan’s GM should consult JN for advice.

Dudes here know better than a real GM. 

Hell, they got Mac fired. 

If we had a safety as good as Byard, he’d probably be worth $14 mil per over two.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Yeah but regardless. If jamal wants to be paid like a top safety, even though hes in the box more(im guessing byard is more of a coverage safety) are we even in a position to tell him no?

Yes, you tell him no. He’s a box safety, a good one but still.

Unless the next two years he increases his sacks and or ints by a lot he’s not worth it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Forget Jenkins or Shell, Adams is the kind of guy to re-up early. For a guy who makes an impact everywhere on the field and leads the locker room I'd pay a smidge more than this next winter and sleep like a baby about it.

I'd say 5 years, 75 million, 35 million gtd, 12.5 million a year after you factor in the last year of his rookie deal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Forget Jenkins or Shell, Adams is the kind of guy to re-up early. For a guy who makes an impact everywhere on the field and leads the locker room I'd pay a smidge more than this next winter and sleep like a baby about it.

I'd say 5 years, 75 million, 35 million gtd, 12.5 million a year after you factor in the last year of his rookie deal. 

Stop with this logic. 

We will not need great players and team leaders in 2 years when we are challenging for SBs. 

Lets hope we can draft a SS in the 4th round as good as Jamal. 

Its pretty simple, really. 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kevin Byard was drafted in the third round and has twelve INTs over the past two seasons while still putting up big tackle numbers. Simply, Kevin Byard is the player you clowns pretend that Jamal Adams is. 

Lack of interceptions doesn't make you a bad safety, but I'm sure you already know that.