Favorite training camp Body of all time?

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Hands down, Danny Woodhead.

Dude came into camp and did everything the team asked of him at a high level, including special teams. Then he has his roster spot taken by a rookie mid-round draft pick who couldn't run around a football field without throwing up.

It's the Jetsiest decision I can think of in a long time.

Woodhead is the answer by far! He should of been a Jet for 10 years. Who was that player that got the nod instead of Woodhead? and then Woodhead got pilfered from our practice squad never to be a Jet again!

35 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Woodhead is the answer by far! He should of been a Jet for 10 years. Who was that player that got the nod instead of Woodhead? and then Woodhead got pilfered from our practice squad never to be a Jet again!

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Hands down, Danny Woodhead.

Dude came into camp and did everything the team asked of him at a high level, including special teams. Then he has his roster spot taken by a rookie mid-round draft pick who couldn't run around a football field without throwing up.

It's the Jetsiest decision I can think of in a long time.

Woody is a great answer for this thread topic.  Maybe the best.

I feel the need to mention another name of an epic Jet fail that doesn't get anywhere near the notoriety it deserves, even if it doesn't fit this thread.

Terance Mathis.

The dude was drafted by the Jets, on the roster for 4 years between '90-'93...and got virtually no playing time.   He then left for Atlanta in '94 and then blew up for his career year of 111/1342/11.  He had a really solid career and the Jets appeared to have no idea what they had.

Plenty "Jetsy" in its own right.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Woody is a great answer for this thread topic.  Maybe the best.

I feel the need to mention another name of an epic Jet fail that doesn't get anywhere near the notoriety it deserves, even if it doesn't fit this thread.

Terence Mathis.

The dude was drafted by the Jets, on the roster for 4 years between 90-93...and got virtually no playing time.   He then left for Atlanta in 94 and then blew up for his career year of 111/1342/11.  He had a really solid career and the Jets appeared to have no idea what they had.

This is not a “camp body” guy.  I think you missed the point of the thread.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not a “camp body” guy.  I think you missed the point of the thread.

I know, I mentioned it doesn't fit the thread.  But still feel it is not so far off topic that I couldn't bring it up.  By page 3 or 4 it will be way OT anyway...

;)

3 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Little John Flowers was mine

Yes, he was the classic training camp guy. He reminds old time Jets fans that preseason is here. He would play those preseason games, but you knew he had little shot of making the team. 

Cheating a bit but I’d say Chrebet because he started as a camp body (security guard thought he was an autograph seeker and wouldn’t let him into the facility) but seized the opportunity and couldn’t be denied a roster spot. Woodhead also a great answer.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Cheating a bit but I’d say Chrebet because he started as a camp body (security guard thought he was an autograph seeker and wouldn’t let him into the facility) but seized the opportunity and couldn’t be denied a roster spot. Woodhead also a great answer.

Chrebet is #1 for sure. Any other coach but Kotite might have cut him. Though Kotite sucked as a coach, he was a good guy, came from a tough background and loved guys that scratch, claw & fight because of his boxing background. I think he was quoted as saying, "who is that little guy" at one point & didn't pronounce his name correctly the entire camp. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Chrebet is #1 for sure. Any other coach but Kotite might have cut him. Though Kotite sucked as a coach, he was a good guy, came from a tough background and loved guys that scratch, claw & fight because of his boxing background. I think he was quoted as saying, "who is that little guy" at one point & didn't pronounce his name correctly the entire camp. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Any answer that isn’t Chansi Stuckey is the wrong answer. 

Stuckey played for us for a few years. That's more than a camp body.   The real answer is Atari Bigby.  Cutting him after he had 2 picks in the final preseason game was so stupid. 

Think Ray Lucas fits the bill.

Came along with Parcells as a ST player and possible Receiver.  Worked his way up to backup QB and then to a staring QB that almost took the Jets to the playoffs with a long winning streak.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

He went to Poly Prep.  My father was a year or two behind, but they played when he was in college.