freestater

Training camp day 2 (7-26)

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

BUST!

Connor Hughes said he was playing with the third stringers and Williams wasn't going to give him anything easy.  That pretty much fits with what the Florida coaches said that he still needed a year to add technique.  He could still be a great player but I don't think we are going to see 10+ sacks this year.

One of the very best things out of this camp and otas so far is the fact that some guys are suddenly getting 1st team reps who were lower on the depth chart.  This means legit competition at the least and lighting a fire under previous starters asses.

Another big upgrade on the Bowles, hand a player a spot era.

• Upvote 4

Underated signing, allows offense to run the same script. Our RBs are going to catch a lot of passes & test the LB & Strong Safety speed of our opponents. 

I agree. If we didn’t get Bell I think we’d all. E. Along a much bigger deal about this guy. Nice “problem” to have!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of the very best things out of this camp and otas so far is the fact that some guys are suddenly getting 1st team reps who were lower on the depth chart.  This means legit competition at the least and lighting a fire under previous starters asses.

Another big upgrade on the Bowles, hand a player a spot era.

Not that it is, but you could also make the argument that these aren't their guys.  Wont know until next year when this coaching staff really has say in FA and draft picks.

But I agree, I love to see some getting their chance to show what they have, and potentially earn their keep.  If anything else, it pushes the starts to be better and not be complacent.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

practice is over at 10:30am? WTF?

Damn.  I am just getting up and practice is over.  East coast bias!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

practice is over at 10:30am? WTF?

Gase's thing.  Starts at 8:30.  Avoid the worst of the heat.  Press loves it because more golf time.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Gase's thing.  Starts at 8:30.  Avoid the worst of the heat.  Press loves it because more golf time.

Heard an interview with Herm yesterday.  He runs early practices because of the heat obviously (ASU) but he said another benefit is that the guys can't be out partying late into the night when they have an early morning arrival time for practice.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

So they got that goin' for them.  Which is nice.

• Upvote 2

The offense sounds so far ahead of the defense that Brian Poole's two forced fumbles on Bell and Enunwa were probably my favorite tweets. If the Jets can't stop anybody, they better be able to force a turnover. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I guess Montgomery is the #2 RB right now, probably will be all season

Powell, if healthy, should be the # 2 RB, with Montgomery filling a WR/RB hybrid type of role. 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I guess Montgomery is the #2 RB right now, probably will be all season

Powell, if healthy, should be the # 2 RB, with Montgomery filling a WR/RB hybrid type of role. 

37 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Report is he came on the field to start practice but went back to the locker room soon after and was gone for almost an hour.

Maybe he ate at Taco Bell or Chipotle last night. 

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Defense has to unlearn some bad tendencies.  Though it's mainly a personnel issue....

• Upvote 1

Can't find it.... Cimini posted one of Darnold passing to Robbie but that ain't the one.

7 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Can't find it.... Cimini posted one of Darnold passing to Robbie but that ain't the one.

I believe it’s cameras down during the 11 on 11 drills.

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Of any fan base, I think Jets fans having had to watch Sanchez, Petty and Hackenberg recently attempt screen passes know that it isn't a given that a QB can make that throw. 

Say what you want about Chaddy P he threw the screen pass with the best of them, we may have been spoiled a little with him, but since your right it’s been the who’s Who of the worst screen pass throwers ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Damn.  I am just getting up and practice is over.  East coast bias!

You and Leveon Bell both

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Say what you want about Chaddy P he threw the screen pass with the best of them, we may have been spoiled a little with him, but since your right it’s been the who’s Who of the worst screen pass throwers ever.

Speaking of Mr. Pennington.  That guy could run the PA like few QB's I have ever seen.  

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Speaking of Mr. Pennington.  That guy could run the PA like few QB's I have ever seen.  

He was the Best at it... all the pundits used rave about Peyton.... who I felt was Terrible at it.... he would completely oversell it.

3 hours ago, freestater said:

This is one of my biggest concerns this year with our defense. Getting flashbacks to the Rex days. 

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

He was the Best at it... all the pundits used rave about Peyton.... who I felt was Terrible at it.... he would completely oversell it.

Yeah.  I'm trying to think of some modern guys that are in the ballpark, but I don't watch many other games besides the Jets.