Sam destroying our defense in practice

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good for Sam or bad for our D?

Both.  But since Darnold's development is what matters most, I'll take the glass half full approach and say I'm excited about how Sam looks based on what people are saying. 

The defense has 4 first rounders on it and an upgrade at DC.  Figure it out. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I really wish I knew GW so that I could ask him how Sam is performing when compared to Mayfield last year in practice so far because Baker simply was lights out in the games....

Good idea. Hopefully one of the beat writers asks him that question when they get a chance to talk to him.

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I am not feeling that Trumaine Johnson will have that bounce back season we all hoped he would.  At least against this offense. 

I never hoped he would bounce back.  I hope(d) they cut his a$$.  Even knowing his entire contract is guaranteed.

He is one of the worst players on the team, almost certainly gives the least effort, and the highest paid.  TERRIBLE for team chemistry.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I really wish I knew GW so that I could ask him how Sam is performing when compared to Mayfield last year in practice so far because Baker simply was lights out in the games....

Lights out?  Seriously he had a few good games/throws just like Darnold.  He had a much better team around him by a mile, everyone has some weird obsession with Baker, and when it all blows up I’m gonna laugh harder then ever Can’t Wait!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I am not feeling that Trumaine Johnson will have that bounce back season we all hoped he would.  At least against this offense.  

Trumaine Johnson is a press corner who needs a pass rush to be effective.  He's not a # 1 corner, he's a # 2.  When he was placed in that role with the Rams, with Gregg Williams at DC, he had success.  He only has Gregg here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trumaine Johnson is a press corner who needs a pass rush to be effective.  He's not a # 1 corner, he's a # 2.  When he was placed in that role with the Rams, with Gregg Williams at DC, he had success.  He only has Gregg here. 

Trumaine Johnson is just not good. He’s a ball hawk and will get picks but he won’t shut anyone down.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Trumaine Johnson is just not good. He’s a ball hawk and will get picks but he won’t shut anyone down. 

Exactly.  Like I said:  In a situation where he's a # 2 CB with a pass rush, he's effective.

Sadly, Macc paid him like a # 1 CB, so we naturally couldn't afford or didn't even try to pair him with a CB who can actually cover. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Like I said:  In a situation where he's a # 2 CB with a pass rush, he's effective.

Sadly, Macc paid him like a # 1 CB, so we naturally couldn't afford or didn't even try to pair him with a CB who can actually cover. 

But if Darnold is improved it’s a net positive so let’s keep the hope train going.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That game was not in Miami and it was on a Sunday afternoon.

I  was there and it was awesome.

Wesley Walker was a rampaging beast.

September 21, 1986.  I've said this before.  I was in a wedding party.  We watched in the limo and wouldn't head into the Oriental Manor luntil the OT was over.  Bride's family was a little pissed.  My poor Dad, who doesn't drink, had to watch it in the bar. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I never hoped he would bounce back.  I hope(d) they cut his a$$.  Even knowing his entire contract is guaranteed.

He is one of the worst players on the team, almost certainly gives the least effort, and the highest paid.  TERRIBLE for team chemistry.

This is false.  He is probably still the best CB on the team.  Don't let hate and a bad contract blind you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I’m not gonna get too ahead of myself because it’s only practice BUT I really believe Sam is gonna take a huge leap forward.  I mean look how good he played in the second half of his rookie year with literally no help.  We finally have a franchise QB now we just gonna make sure the other parts gel

37 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That game was not in Miami and it was on a Sunday afternoon.

I  was there and it was awesome.

Wesley Walker was a rampaging beast.

You are right.  I confused the place/time with the Monday Night Miracle game but it was still truly an amazing one.

• Upvote 1