Sam destroying our defense in practice

45 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lights out?  Seriously he had a few good games/throws just like Darnold.  He had a much better team around him by a mile, everyone has some weird obsession with Baker, and when it all blows up I’m gonna laugh harder then ever Can’t Wait!

I'm with you. QBs like Mayfield don't last. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3

5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Hopefully Sam and company will be able to keep our defense off the field as much as possible.

The era of ball control offense is pretty much gone from the NFL.  Between Darnold's skills, the guys who can get a lot of YAC (Bell, Crowder), and a deep threat in Anderson, Sam looks poised to lead an offensive attack that can score quickly. 

So it'll be up to the defense to keep themselves off the field.  Forcing turnovers (like the one Poole forced in practice by punching the ball out) will be crucial. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jeTMAC said:

Hopefully the Jets will find a couple cornerback stragglers who get let go before the season starts

The Eagles seem to have 1 too many... maybe we can offer him a lighter shade of green.

#Eagles CB Cre'Von LeBlanc isn't at practice. He was clearly fine in the locker room yesterday on his birthday.

The #Eagles are at least six deep at CB and he played very well last year down the stretch. Have to wonder if the team is shopping him to a team light on CBs.

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is false.  He is probably still the best CB on the team.  Don't let hate and a bad contract blind you. 

I understand opinions vary.  But I so strongly disagree that he is the best corner on the team, or even in the conversation.  We dont know who that is yet. 

I dont even see Tru as below average.  Tru is horrendous.  He got humiliated last year over and over.  He is getting beaten again.  Once by 5-10 yards in TC already.  Might as well fall down to get beat that bad.

He doesn't tackle.  He doesn't assist his teammates to tackle. 

He is, in my opinion, one of the worst players on the team with a bad attitude to boot.

You're right tho... I do hate him...

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand opinions vary.  But I so strongly disagree that he is the best corner on the team, or even in the conversation.  We dont know who that is yet. 

I dont even see Tru as below average.  Tru is horrendous.  He got humiliated last year over and over.  He is getting beaten again.  Once by 5-10 yards in TC already.  Might as well fall down to get beat that bad.

He doesn't tackle.  He doesn't assist his teammates to tackle. 

He is, in my opinion, one of the worst players on the team with a bad attitude to boot.

You're right tho... I do hate him...

I get that you hate him and I get why.  It doesn't change the fact that he is our best corner.  You may have a point about attitude and that is hard to quantify.  On that basis you might be correct.  I get PFF ratings aren't all that, but he didn't get rated 20 points higher than everybody else on the team by getting beat over and over while they were doing any better.  He led the team in INTs despite missing 6 games.  He isn't paid for run support, but he had 40 tackles in those 10 games which is only two less than Leonard Williams and five more than Henry Anderson had in 16.  Hell, he played one less game and had the same number of TDs as Enunwa.  I think people have to stop comparing him to 2009 Revis and compare him to average starting CBs.  He was better than Claiborne and half these guys want to sign that guy back. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Anderson can beat anyone deep sometimes

Even if his route running is limited he can still be a huge difference maker.  Think DeSean Jackson in his prime.  I'm hoping that's what Robby can be. If only 3 or 4 catches per game my guess is that one of them is at least a 50 yarder.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I'm with you. QBs like Mayfield don't last. 

Mayfield obviously is talented BUT I feel Darnold has a much higher ceiling and better overall QB.  Like you said Baker is a couple years older and had a much better team around him.  In the second half of the year Sam was playing terrific despite having no weapons around him

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Even if his route running is limited he can still be a huge difference maker.  Think DeSean Jackson in his prime.  I'm hoping that's what Robby can be. If only 3 or 4 catches per game my guess is that one of them is at least a 50 yarder.

I see this comparison a lot and I don't see it. ;) DeSean Jackson has way more wiggle and seems to have better balance.  I see him more like  straight line burner like Maynard (I didn't see him play) and Wesley Walker (I watched him play a ton).  He can cut and get open, and he can blow people away with speed, but he doesn't remind me of Jackson at all.  More of Ted Ginn Jr. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I like the way he catches the ball away from his chest.  He should be able to run sidelines and dig routes.

58 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Mayfield obviously is talented BUT I feel Darnold has a much higher ceiling and better overall QB.  Like you said Baker is a couple years older and had a much better team around him.  In the second half of the year Sam was playing terrific despite having no weapons around him

Baker had 4 years of college starts

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't agree with this.  My recollection is that if Sanchez or Tebow completed more than 50% of their passes in a practice and only one or two INTs it was a good day for them.

I'm using an entire league and years of reference. Two Jets doesn't amount to a potato chip worth of research. Darnold can have all the great ,run around in shorts and play catch days, all he wants. It won't  amount to much. QBs,are supposed to be good, that's how they get to be on the show. Doesn't mean success. 

• Thumb Down 3

27 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Said about many QBS before, who amounted to nothing.

So you just became a Jet fan?

Because for the last 10 years every Jet QB has been incredibly inaccurate during camp. 

This is unprecedented.

And I can prove it because not only have I read it, I saw it personally with my own personal eyes. Personally. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Lights out?  Seriously he had a few good games/throws just like Darnold.  He had a much better team around him by a mile, everyone has some weird obsession with Baker, and when it all blows up I’m gonna laugh harder then ever Can’t Wait!

Baker is also a mile better than Darnold. It’s okay.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

I'm using an entire league and years of reference. Two Jets doesn't amount to a potato chip worth of research. Darnold can have all the great ,run around in shorts and play catch days, all he wants. It won't  amount to much. QBs,are supposed to be good, that's how they get to be on the show. Doesn't mean success. 

Jet board dude. 

Go take your “research” to whatever team you root for. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Jet board dude. 

Go take your “research” to whatever team you root for. 

Yeah its a Jets board. It Means drinking Kool aid and lying to yourself ? I do unbiased truth opinions. Not myopic, Christmas believing, childish hope opinions. 

I like the Rams.. yet I know they will not sign Goff to a new contract and he will not open the new stadium. =unbiased.

I hate the Pats, yet I know they will continue  to roll to another SB for another year. Or another the very least/most,  lose the conf. Championship = unbiased.

I'm an adult. I say what is and what will be. I don't  waste energy on hope and believing things I know will not happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

??????????

He isn’t.

But he also is what 4 years older then Sam?  And still not as good as Sam right now.

Ok. This needs to stop. 

Sam Darnold is a better QB.

Baker is TWO YEARS OLDER.

TWO YEARS.

He’s not 29 or 27 or 26 or 25.

He’s 24. 

Sam is 22. 

April 14 1995. 

June 5, 1997.

Two years, a month and 3 week.

Sam is not 17 and Baker 37.