Jump to content
Rhg1084

Sam destroying our defense in practice

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lights out?  Seriously he had a few good games/throws just like Darnold.  He had a much better team around him by a mile, everyone has some weird obsession with Baker, and when it all blows up I’m gonna laugh harder then ever Can’t Wait!

I'm with you. QBs like Mayfield don't last. 

  • Confused 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Hopefully Sam and company will be able to keep our defense off the field as much as possible.

The era of ball control offense is pretty much gone from the NFL.  Between Darnold's skills, the guys who can get a lot of YAC (Bell, Crowder), and a deep threat in Anderson, Sam looks poised to lead an offensive attack that can score quickly. 

So it'll be up to the defense to keep themselves off the field.  Forcing turnovers (like the one Poole forced in practice by punching the ball out) will be crucial. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jeTMAC said:

Hopefully the Jets will find a couple cornerback stragglers who get let go before the season starts

The Eagles seem to have 1 too many... maybe we can offer him a lighter shade of green.

 

 

#Eagles CB Cre'Von LeBlanc isn't at practice. He was clearly fine in the locker room yesterday on his birthday.

The #Eagles are at least six deep at CB and he played very well last year down the stretch. Have to wonder if the team is shopping him to a team light on CBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is false.  He is probably still the best CB on the team.  Don't let hate and a bad contract blind you. 

I understand opinions vary.  But I so strongly disagree that he is the best corner on the team, or even in the conversation.  We dont know who that is yet. 

I dont even see Tru as below average.  Tru is horrendous.  He got humiliated last year over and over.  He is getting beaten again.  Once by 5-10 yards in TC already.  Might as well fall down to get beat that bad.

He doesn't tackle.  He doesn't assist his teammates to tackle. 

He is, in my opinion, one of the worst players on the team with a bad attitude to boot.

You're right tho... I do hate him...

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear.  I don't know why Sam has picked up shaving equipment endorsements.  You could play badminton across that jawline. 

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good for Sam or bad for our D?

58662573-0671-4016-B639-54434BBDD4F9.png

if the receivers are getting that deep it may mean the oline is handling the pressure by the defense.  it's still way too early to make any judgements on the defense or offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I still have emotional scars from working at the Oriental Manor

I just wish you wouldn't have done that in our food!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand opinions vary.  But I so strongly disagree that he is the best corner on the team, or even in the conversation.  We dont know who that is yet. 

I dont even see Tru as below average.  Tru is horrendous.  He got humiliated last year over and over.  He is getting beaten again.  Once by 5-10 yards in TC already.  Might as well fall down to get beat that bad.

He doesn't tackle.  He doesn't assist his teammates to tackle. 

He is, in my opinion, one of the worst players on the team with a bad attitude to boot.

You're right tho... I do hate him...

 

I get that you hate him and I get why.  It doesn't change the fact that he is our best corner.  You may have a point about attitude and that is hard to quantify.  On that basis you might be correct.  I get PFF ratings aren't all that, but he didn't get rated 20 points higher than everybody else on the team by getting beat over and over while they were doing any better.  He led the team in INTs despite missing 6 games.  He isn't paid for run support, but he had 40 tackles in those 10 games which is only two less than Leonard Williams and five more than Henry Anderson had in 16.  Hell, he played one less game and had the same number of TDs as Enunwa.  I think people have to stop comparing him to 2009 Revis and compare him to average starting CBs.  He was better than Claiborne and half these guys want to sign that guy back. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good for Sam or bad for our D?

Just need more dawgs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

I am not feeling that Trumaine Johnson will have that bounce back season we all hoped he would.  At least against this offense. 

Anderson can beat anyone deep sometimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Will go down as one of the worst signing we’ve made in the Maccagnan era.

T H E worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That game was not in Miami and it was on a Sunday afternoon.

I  was there and it was awesome.

Wesley Walker was a rampaging beast.

Same here.  I was 12 years old.  That's the game that made me a Jets fan for life.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Anderson can beat anyone deep sometimes

Even if his route running is limited he can still be a huge difference maker.  Think DeSean Jackson in his prime.  I'm hoping that's what Robby can be. If only 3 or 4 catches per game my guess is that one of them is at least a 50 yarder.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GW is going to need to figure something out.  Our LBs can’t cover, and our CB are not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I'm with you. QBs like Mayfield don't last. 

Mayfield obviously is talented BUT I feel Darnold has a much higher ceiling and better overall QB.  Like you said Baker is a couple years older and had a much better team around him.  In the second half of the year Sam was playing terrific despite having no weapons around him

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I'm with you. QBs like Mayfield don't last. 

Such as?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

I swear.  I don't know why Sam has picked up shaving equipment endorsements.  You could play badminton across that jawline. 

No homo. :D

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Even if his route running is limited he can still be a huge difference maker.  Think DeSean Jackson in his prime.  I'm hoping that's what Robby can be. If only 3 or 4 catches per game my guess is that one of them is at least a 50 yarder.

I see this comparison a lot and I don't see it. ;) DeSean Jackson has way more wiggle and seems to have better balance.  I see him more like  straight line burner like Maynard (I didn't see him play) and Wesley Walker (I watched him play a ton).  He can cut and get open, and he can blow people away with speed, but he doesn't remind me of Jackson at all.  More of Ted Ginn Jr. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

sexy_flanders.gif.96e998b1b4e5a3a86ee0a2b28817756e.gif

He needs to grow a beard and a woman bun and get a contract with cover girl.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Even if his route running is limited he can still be a huge difference maker.  Think DeSean Jackson in his prime.  I'm hoping that's what Robby can be. If only 3 or 4 catches per game my guess is that one of them is at least a 50 yarder.

I like the way he catches the ball away from his chest.  He should be able to run sidelines and dig routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Mayfield obviously is talented BUT I feel Darnold has a much higher ceiling and better overall QB.  Like you said Baker is a couple years older and had a much better team around him.  In the second half of the year Sam was playing terrific despite having no weapons around him

Baker had 4 years of college starts

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Said about many QBS before, who amounted to nothing.

 

I don't agree with this.  My recollection is that if Sanchez or Tebow completed more than 50% of their passes in a practice and only one or two INTs it was a good day for them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't agree with this.  My recollection is that if Sanchez or Tebow completed more than 50% of their passes in a practice and only one or two INTs it was a good day for them.

 I'm using an entire league and years of reference. Two Jets doesn't amount to a potato chip worth of research. Darnold can have all the great ,run around in shorts and play catch days, all he wants. It won't  amount to much. QBs,are supposed to be good, that's how they get to be on the show. Doesn't mean success. 

 

  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Said about many QBS before, who amounted to nothing.

 

So you just became a Jet fan?

Because for the last 10 years every Jet QB has been incredibly inaccurate during camp. 

This is unprecedented.

And I can prove it because not only have I read it, I saw it personally with my own personal eyes. Personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Lights out?  Seriously he had a few good games/throws just like Darnold.  He had a much better team around him by a mile, everyone has some weird obsession with Baker, and when it all blows up I’m gonna laugh harder then ever Can’t Wait!

Baker is also a mile better than Darnold. It’s okay.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

 I'm using an entire league and years of reference. Two Jets doesn't amount to a potato chip worth of research. Darnold can have all the great ,run around in shorts and play catch days, all he wants. It won't  amount to much. QBs,are supposed to be good, that's how they get to be on the show. Doesn't mean success. 

 

Jet board dude. 

Go take your “research” to whatever team you root for. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Baker is also a mile better than Darnold. It’s okay.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

He isn’t.

But he also is what 4 years older then Sam?  And still not as good as Sam right now.

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Baker is also a mile better than Darnold. It’s okay.

 

I want some of what ever you are smoking!

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Jet board dude. 

Go take your “research” to whatever team you root for. 

Yeah its a Jets board. It Means drinking Kool aid and lying to yourself ? I do unbiased truth opinions. Not myopic, Christmas believing, childish hope opinions. 

I like the Rams.. yet I know they will not sign Goff to a new contract and he will not open the new stadium. =unbiased.

I hate the Pats, yet I know they will continue  to roll to another SB for another year. Or another the very least/most,  lose the conf. Championship = unbiased.

I'm an adult. I say what is and what will be. I don't  waste energy on hope and believing things I know will not happen. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

He isn’t.

But he also is what 4 years older then Sam?  And still not as good as Sam right now.

Ok. This needs to stop. 

Sam Darnold is a better QB.

Baker is TWO YEARS OLDER.

TWO YEARS.

He’s not 29 or 27 or 26 or 25.

He’s 24. 

Sam is 22. 

April 14 1995. 

June 5, 1997.

Two years, a month and 3 week.

Sam is not 17 and Baker 37. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...