Ryan Fitzpatrick leads Rosen in Dolphins QB battle

6 hours ago, LockeJET said:

We've all seen this movie before. We know damn well that Fitz will lead the Fins to a 10-6 record and win 1 playoff game this coming season.

He's been to the playoffs before?!

I'm the happiest person on the planet for Ryan and our Jets to be able to have another crack at him. If I'm Adams, I'm rubbing my hands together...yeah buddy!

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

I know it shouldn’t by now, but the abject stupidity of the majority of NFL teams still astounds me

Or the media that says hes tightened his grasp on the starting job after one day of camp.

Really, lol

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jets723 said:

The funny thing is that there were a good amount of fans who preferred Rosen instead of Sam lol

Well sorta. 

Don't think the majority on here even thought Sam was an option for the Jets, so when talking about Rosen it was usually in relation to say Allen. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Or the media that says hes tightened his grasp on the starting job after one day of camp.

Really, lol

That’s absolutely dumb as well but regardless of whether or not that’s actually the case, what long term benefit does Miami get from giving Fitzpatrick any starting reps over Rosen?

Realistically they’re not making the playoffs regardless of who starts, so why not throw everything you can at Rosen? Best case scenario he shows you he can be your QB of the future, worst case scenario he bombs and you’re in great position to land one of the top guys in the draft. Starting Fitzpatrick is the perfect way to stay in QB purgatory, and even if their plan is to start Rosen then why are you giving his reps to Fitz right now?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

That’s absolutely dumb as well but regardless of whether or not that’s actually the case, what long term benefit does Miami get from giving Fitzpatrick any starting reps over Rosen?

Realistically they’re not making the playoffs regardless of who starts, so why not throw everything you can at Rosen? Best case scenario he shows you he can be your QB of the future, worst case scenario he bombs and you’re in great position to land one of the top guys in the draft. Starting Fitzpatrick is the perfect way to stay in QB purgatory, and even if their plan is to start Rosen then why are you giving his reps to Fitz right now?

Miami has a new coach and this season is basically a punt anyways. Rosen isn't good and will probably be on another team next season too. Fitzpatrick while erratic will at least give the Dolphins a competitive offense. Rosen was non-competitive last season and everyone on the Cardinals offense stunk because of it. You can't play those guys in September.

Im amazed that people are writing Rosen off so quickly. Arizona had a worse coordinated offense then we did, no offensive line and Rosen was obviously a rookie. 

I’m thrilled we have Sam and preferred him over Rosen by a wide margin but that doesn’t mean Rosen can’t be an excellent QB in this league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, slats said:

Dude could easily be on his third team in three years next season. Just an insane start to a career for a top ten pick. 

And everyone is basing this total insanity on a few practices with a new team, new players, new coaches, and a new offense . Everyone knows what Rosen is he's a damn pocket passer and if you don't have a perfect situation for a guy like that he will never succeed. Wonder how Rosen would do in a system like the Patriots, where they have known they have a pure pocket passer for the last 2 decades and a HC that understands the game and how to coach up the players he has. I would bet if Belichick knew when Tom Brady planned to retire he would love to have a guy like Rosen to step in when Toms finally done. Maybe this is the year we smash the sh*t out of Tom. We started his career by nearly killing Drew Bledsoe now it's time to end it.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

And everyone is basing this total insanity on a few practices with a new team, new players, new coaches, and a new offense . Everyone knows what Rosen is he's a damn pocket passer and if you don't have a perfect situation for a guy like that he will never succeed. Wonder how Rosen would do in a system like the Patriots, where they have known they have a pure pocket passer for the last 2 decades and a HC that understands the game and how to coach up the players he has. I would bet if Belichick knew when Tom Brady planned to retire he would love to have a guy like Rosen to step in when Toms finally done. Maybe this is the year we smash the sh*t out of Tom. We started his career by nearly killing Drew Bledsoe now it's time to end it.

To be fair, I was saying that Rosen could be on his third team in three years before OTAs. He's gonna have a tough time beating out Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the fish are gonna have a high pick in next year's draft. They're more likely to find themselves a better fit at QB in next year's draft than try to create the uniquely perfect situation for Rosen to succeed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Ryan Fitz sucking the NFL for millions, 1 team at a time.

Fitz is a very hard QB to figure out. The guy looks like a world beater at times just lighting up everyone in his path then BAMMM he just goes off the deep end not knowing when too step back a bit and stop pushing when the defense has his teams number. It's obvious he has the talent and the brains but its like a switch goes off and he Just unravels . Vinny used to be like that until Parcells reigned him in, maybe Fitz needs a coach to realize when hes about to go all Jekell and Hyde and pull back a bit

5 minutes ago, slats said:

To be fair, I was saying that Rosen could be on his third team in three years before OTAs. He's gonna have a tough time beating out Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the fish are gonna have a high pick in next year's draft. They're more likely to find themselves a better fit at QB in next year's draft than try to create the uniquely perfect situation for Rosen to succeed. 

I agree with you ... I was really responding to most of the posts in the thread not specifically to your post

13 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

And I couldn’t Believe the Bills took Allen over him.

I still think Rosen will be better  - even if the third team is the charm

An old vet leading a rookie in the first week of camp is not news, plus the they signed Hurns, hopefully screwing up their bid for the #1 pick - lol

All you need is another 3 to 5 pick game or even quarter with Fitz. And they'll bench him. Even though he's a smart guy and is good at Rubik's Cube unlike smart Qbs he never seems to understand his limitations. If he did he wouldn't be such a turnover machine.  The really good Qbs get it. Last season for a while Fitz was the hottest Qb in the NFL. And then same old. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

While I don’t have high expectations for Rosen you really can’t take away too much from these practices.

Nothing good comes from giving Fitzpatrick first team reps over Rosen.  None.  That's the big takeaway; that the Dolphins are opening camp with Fitz essentially # 1 on their depth chart.  That can easily change over the course of camp, but this ought to be Rosen's job to lose, not Fitzpatrick's. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing good comes from giving Fitzpatrick first team reps over Rosen.  None.  That's the big takeaway; that the Dolphins are opening camp with Fitz essentially # 1 on their depth chart.  That can easily change over the course of camp, but this ought to be Rosen's job to lose, not Fitzpatrick's. 

Dolphins are a dysfunctional hot mess

Latest crap organization to get seduced by “Fitzmagic”

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayBen said:

For what its worth, Allen seems to fit that buffalo mold way better. Cant imagine Rosen playing there. 

What is the "Buffalo mold" exactly?  Being cool with there being nothing to do while playing in one of the highest snowfall cities in America?