Ryan Fitzpatrick leads Rosen in Dolphins QB battle

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

You know you're not changing their minds..  they're the equivalent of football flat earthers.

The trade was for Mayfield and they got Darnold.  In time we'll see the only thing we got lucky about was Cleveland picking the wrong guy.

This is 100% my take. The rumors were that Darnold was the only QB the jints would take over Barkley, so the possibility of Allen or Rosen was still there until they stuck with Barkley. Had Darnold gone #1, there would've been no concern about Mayfield being there at #3. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think this is the thing that football fans tend to do way too much. Maybe he didn't have the right OL, his coach sucked, the situation was bad, give him some more time, his dog died....etc. And you know what? Maybe. Maybe one or several of those things prevented the guy from being able to progress and a better situation will help. But how often does it? Guys bust early way more often than they actually turn it around. It's far more likely that the guy just isn't very good. You have to play the odds.

Worth noting that rookie year is generally a wash statistically and from almost every other aspect, but if a quarterback isn't fully transitioning into something that's clearly the guy into year 2, then it's healthier for everyone at that point to start looking elsewhere.

That said it's the Dolphins and Rosen is norotiously a colossal d-bag. I hope they stick with each other for a very long time.

No doubt there. Not just the weapons argument, dude got drafted in the first and the next  year he was replaced with a number one overall pick. Then traded away well below his drafted slot. Kinda way beyond the typical he had no weapons argument. Difference between your parents bringing you to a BJJ studio or putting you in an Brazilian orphanage to learn to fight. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No doubt there. Not just the weapons argument, dude got drafted in the first and the next  year he was replaced with a number one overall pick. Then traded away well below his drafted slot. Kinda way beyond the typical he had no weapons argument. Difference between your parents bringing you to a BJJ studio or putting you in an Brazilian orphanage to learn to fight. 

No acai in the latter choice either. Kid’s screwed. 

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Changing the word doesnt change my opinion that he isnt a done deal yet. 

It’s never too early to have an opinion. That’s what I was responding to: the insinuation that since “no body knows what will happen!” that opinions are somehow invalid.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s never too early to have an opinion. That’s what I was responding to: the insinuation that since “no body knows what will happen!” that opinions are someone invalid.

Never said that or anything close to that.

I said given 1 year of play in a clown sho, no OL etc we dont know what he is yet and cant make a prediction based on much more than do I like him or not.  No beig deal

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Never said that or anything close to that.

I said given 1 year of play in a clown sho, no OL etc we dont know what he is yet and cant make a prediction based on much more than do I like him or not.  No beig deal

That's fair. I'm still willing to go out on a limb and say I believe he will (continue to) bust.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's fair. I'm still willing to go out on a limb and say I believe he will (continue to) bust.

I agree.  I just dont think theres eough history and tape with competent coaching and a roster around him that could help.

Problem is nothing will realistically change down in Miami

I'm happy as can be he went somewhere else.  Kind of hoping he sticks with the Fish and he struggles for 4 years. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think this is the thing that football fans tend to do way too much. Maybe he didn't have the right OL, his coach sucked, the situation was bad, give him some more time, his dog died....etc. And you know what? Maybe. Maybe one or several of those things prevented the guy from being able to progress and a better situation will help. But how often does it? Guys bust early way more often than they actually turn it around. It's far more likely that the guy just isn't very good. You have to play the odds.

Worth noting that rookie year is generally a wash statistically and from almost every other aspect, but if a quarterback isn't fully transitioning into something that's clearly the guy into year 2, then it's healthier for everyone at that point to start looking elsewhere.

That said it's the Dolphins and Rosen is norotiously a colossal d-bag. I hope they stick with each other for a very long time.

Beautiful post. I don't definitively know what Rosen's future will be, but I do know math.

Starting Fitzpatrick is like this:

Your in Amsterdam, lots of red lights from the windows, and you see a sign in a curtained window: :"Ryanna Fitzsucktrix, bondage, BSDM, role, play and her specialty "painless kicks in the balls". So you think that sounds cool so you pay your 100 guilder, and Ryanna kicks you square in the balls. Now it feels kinda nice for a while and you are like "painless ball kicking, I like it!!" but shortly, very shortly after the pain comes HARD, and you have to crawl out of the place tears streaming fromn so much pain. You get to the street, see 10 other guys lined up, and you scream "look at me!! I am in so much pain. The sign is a lie!!" Yet the next guy just smiles and pays his 100 guilder. And he too comes crawling out whimpering like a stepped on puppy, but does that deter the next guy?? Oh, no no no...As you lay in the sidewalk trying to regain the ability to walk, you see guy after guy just go into that little windowed room to get PAINFULLY kicked in the balls.

NFL teams, are just like these hapless men, continuously letting this loser QB kick them in the balls and expecting it not to hurt like really  bad in the end.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I have major doubts about Rosen, myself. 

I was a big fan before his post draft interview. From that moment on, I have slowly lost all of my enthusiasm for him. I don't like his demeanor. I don't like some of the crap he says. And I haven't been blown away by anything I have seen from him on the field. Not a good combo for a supposedly top QB prospect. 

Also, I don't care what anyone says, the folks in Arizona could not have loved him. 

He added a new one this week. Paraphrase: I’m going to work to make Fitz better everyday and if he doesn’t get better, I’m taking his job.

He’s a woke Geno Smith.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Losmeister said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27495610/dolphins-name-fitzpatrick-starting-qb-week-1

"The battle and competition never stops," Rosen said. "I'll push him every single day for him to get better, and if he doesn't get better, hopefully I'll surpass him at some point. 

The last sentence in that paragraph was:

I'm rooting for him more than anyone."

Sounds a lot more team oriented that way.

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Miami is finally doing it right.  They are tanking for a qb.  Its the right move.  They will get their man in the upcoming draft.

theyre tanking because they are hosting the SB.

Tampa will do the same next year after they tease everyone this year with a better season

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't understand choosing Fitzpatrick over Rosen. Everyone knows what Fitzpatrick is, why not see if Rosen is the real deal? He had a decent preseason.

Fitz is a virus who always initially wins over coaching staffs and locker rooms because  he projects an image of blue collar hard worker, he has some very limited success and then self destructs on the field

Happened inBuffalo, happened here, happened in Tampa now happening in Miami

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

36-year-old Ryan Fitzpatrick this preseason: 17/32 for 166 yards (5.2 average), one touchdown, no picks, and a 78.4 rating. 

22-year-old Josh Rosen this preseason: 28/45 for 352 yards (7.8 average), no touchdowns, one pick, and a  77.3 rating.

Why would you start Fitzpatrick?

Fitz is a locker room politician who outsmarts incompetent head coaches like Bowles and now Flores

He will be benched by week 3.  Rosen will be the dolphins starter

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

36-year-old Ryan Fitzpatrick this preseason: 17/32 for 166 yards (5.2 average), one touchdown, no picks, and a 78.4 rating. 

22-year-old Josh Rosen this preseason: 28/45 for 352 yards (7.8 average), no touchdowns, one pick, and a  77.3 rating.

Complete guess, but maybe the dolphins wanna develop him more, and knowing the team is hot garbage don’t wanna have him out there getting killed and continuing  to lose 

Rosen that is 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fitz is a virus who always initially wins over coaching staffs and locker rooms because  he projects an image of blue collar hard worker, he has some very limited success and then self destructs on the field

Happened inBuffalo, happened here, happened in Tampa now happening in Miami

How do you project an image of a blue collar hard worker 

6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Complete guess, but maybe the dolphins wanna develop him more, and knowing the team is hot garbage don’t wanna have him out there getting killed and continuing  to lose 

Rosen that is 

The dolphins are a hot mess.  

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well look - FitzMagics QB rating is 1.1 points higher. Its right there in black and white. You start the guy with the higher QB rating - everybody know that. lol

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't understand choosing Fitzpatrick over Rosen. Everyone knows what Fitzpatrick is, why not see if Rosen is the real deal? He had a decent preseason.

The only way Fitzpatrick’s career makes sense is that he has a real serious VooDoo doll and/or Powers of hypnosis/manipulation/persuasion.

Rag arm bast**d cashing 10’s of millions in checks, never been to a playoff game...”lots of unfair things in this world”.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 5:45 AM, JetsFanatic said:

There's not much to learn about Rosen behind that sh*t O-Line on that sh*t team.  They're saving him from getting David Carr'd, and sending Fitz out there as the sacrificial lamb.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

And Fitzpatrick will probably play quite well for the rest of the season.  The Dolphin management will give him the starting job next year, and then......

Hope finz sign Fitz to a 3 yr deal, 12M per.  ? ? 

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 8:03 PM, johnnysd said:

Starting Fitzpatrick is like this:

Your in Amsterdam, lots of red lights from the windows, and you see a sign in a curtained window: :"Ryanna Fitzsucktrix, bondage, BSDM, role, play and her specialty "painless kicks in the balls". So you think that sounds cool so you pay your 100 guilder, and Ryanna kicks you square in the balls. Now it feels kinda nice for a while and you are like "painless ball kicking, I like it!!" but shortly, very shortly after the pain comes HARD, and you have to crawl out of the place tears streaming fromn so much pain. You get to the street, see 10 other guys lined up, and you scream "look at me!! I am in so much pain. The sign is a lie!!" Yet the next guy just smiles and pays his 100 guilder. And he too comes crawling out whimpering like a stepped on puppy, but does that deter the next guy?? Oh, no no no...As you lay in the sidewalk trying to regain the ability to walk, you see guy after guy just go into that little windowed room to get PAINFULLY kicked in the balls.

NFL teams, are just like these hapless men, continuously letting this loser QB kick them in the balls and expecting it not to hurt like really  bad in the end.

That’s a very unique analogy. But it applies to the situation. 

• Upvote 1