Training Camp Tweets (7/27)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beat women and children?  You're good. Smoke pot? - "THERE WILL BE NO DEVIL'S LETTUCE IN MY LEAGUE". - Roger Goodell

1 hour ago, jeTMAC said:

Especially for a 180 lb running back. Not happening

Back of the roster is about special teams. I’d be surprised if Cannon gets cut. McGuire or Powell are battling fo me that 3rd spot. The 4th spot is a special teams spot for Cannon.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Grandy said:

That's 3 straight days of Darnold balling. It's odd seeing a Jet QB performing so well in camp when the defense usually bullies the offense in past years.

This is going to be an amazing time in Jet history, albeit a weird one. I can't remember a time where offense was the focal point of our team.

Ty Montgomery popping 2 of 3. Bell/Montgomery is a nice combo. Seems like Powell, Cannon, & McGuire will be fighting for the 3rd RB spot. RIP McGuire.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Back of the roster is about special teams. I’d be surprised if Cannon gets cut. McGuire or Powell are battling fo me that 3rd spot. The 4th spot is a special teams spot for Cannon.

Cannon couldn't field punts without fumbling last year remember. that's why they took him off a special teams. I think he fumbled like two times on punt returns in one game in the preseason and they took him off that roll and he's not big enough to return kickoffs.Don't get me wrong I like Canon he's from my hometown but I don't think he's going to beat out McGuire and Powell

• Upvote 2

Seriously don't get the McGuire hate on this board. He IS Bilal Powell - does everything well, nothing great. You need those guys. We have a wealth of options at RB for once, embrace it. 

Question is, where does the depth chart expand? TE to cover Herndon's suspension? RB because we have lots of depth? WR for gunners and a dedicated returner? (Dortsch most likely). 

7 minutes ago, jeTMAC said:

Cannon couldn't field punts without fumbling last year remember. that's why they took him off a special teams. I think he fumbled like two times on punt returns in one game in the preseason and they took him off that roll and he's not big enough to return kickoffs.Don't get me wrong I like Canon he's from my hometown but I don't think he's going to beat out McGuire and Powell

Yes, Cannon can't return punts, but they certainly haven't taken him off ST's.

Cannon is by far the best gunner on the team.  Gunner has kept Peake on the team for a few years, and IMO Peake sucks at it.

If your Homeboy has a few more days like this he'll be making the team.  He also had a good day yesterday

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, jeTMAC said:

He contributes In special teams coverage. He was second in the team in st tackles last year. 

We’ll find out soon enough. My own opinion is Cannon makes the team unless a WR or Corner shows to be more valuable on the special teams coverage unit.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yes, Cannon can't return punts, but they certainly haven't taken him off ST's.

Cannon is by far the best gunner on the team.  Gunner has kept Peake on the team for a few years, and IMO Peake sucks at it.

If your Homeboy has a few more days like this he'll be making the team.  He also had a good day yesterday

That’s pretty much his life line. Cannon isn’t making the team because of his skills a running back. It’s his role as gunner that’ll secure his role. His not competing against McGuire or Powell. He’s competing against other back of the roster corners and WR trying to secure the gunner roles.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants are going to fall ass-backwards into drafting Trevor Lawrence in 2021 and winning 12 Super Bowls. Go Jets!

Sounds about right. Status quo then................ 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Beat women and children?  You're good.

Smoke pot? - "THERE WILL BE NO DEVIL'S LETTUCE IN MY LEAGUE". - Roger Goodell

Oh yeah this is an eight game suspension forthcoming.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Better believe this will be addressed during CBA .. 

Considering it will be legal in 75% of the country, if not Federal by 2021 yeah most definitely.

All the major sports should just look at the NHL’s policy on MJ, and copy it.  They have had it right for years.

8 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

To try and catch him, that's why.  You would think that if you got tested on Friday, the league wouldn't turn around and test you again on Saturday so it's safe to smoke a bowl in your dorm room....but you can't pull the wool over Roger Goodell's head....no sir you can't.

It actually got explained away that since he missed OTA’s, and they the NFL had a scheduled drug test for him then if he showed up, and they also had another one scheduled for him to start camp so to meet the quota they did both on back to back days.  Let’s just hope Bell is smart enough to wait a few days before sparking that blunt.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is low-key interesting and is a result of Anthony Barr backing out on his deal. It would appear that the Jets coaching staff knows they don't have cornerbacks or an impact OLB on their roster, so they're just gonna throw bodies out there and hope for the best. I like that they're not panicking and trying to sign scrubs, and instead are just gonna let the young cheapies go out there and fall on their faces. Sorta speaks to how they're approaching this season as a whole. 

So the Jets will head into the next Draft with needs at CB, LT and Pass Rusher......only the three most expensive positions after QB in the NFL.

No worries.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The fact that the Jets retained Brant Boyer as ST coach when the rest of the coaching staff under Bowles was ousted tells you two things:

1. The Jets (and Gase) really like Brant Boyer

2. Brant Boyer will have a voice and his opinion will matter

Finally, Boyer has been a pretty big fan of Cannon since last year.  I think if Cannon can look like he has a trajectory to becoming a solid RB3 in this league at some point then his ST will easily put him on the roster.  JMHO.

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

hopefully he and the rest of the CB group are taking the reports of our weak CB's personally. Not that the reports are wrong. If it makes them kick it up a notch that's great.

Nothing offsets athletic inferiority at the professional level like shaming.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Practicing with the 3rd team not looking good at the moment.

Gregg Williams testing his metal. We won't be seeing much of polite, he'll be a part time pass rusher until he learns the ropes & gets some NFL experience.