Jets Fantasy Football. who and when?

Bell - definitely a first round worthy player.  Because he’s a jet he could fall to round 2 in a lot of drafts.  Trick is to get a great WR like Hopkins or Julio in round 1 then Bell round 2

robby/Q -  both had their moments last year.  Robby was a bust first 10 weeks but he and Sam are on the same page now and he is playing for a contract

Herndon -  great late round value

I’m not ready to like Sam in fantasy yet but depending on matchups against bad defenses like Dolphins and Giants he could have some really good games

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

I see guys like Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott getting drafted ahead of Sam and I just shake my head. 

Prescott makes sense.  The book is out on how to stop Lamar stack multiple safeties in the box

1 hour ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

for the first time forever we will have a player (Leveon) selected in the first round in all fantasy drafts.  

which other guys will get drafted and where?

im cursus to see if Darnold gets drafted in my league.

What say you? what other jets will be drafted and what round are you thinking?

I'm in a 12 man keeper league. You get to keep 1 player at the position you drafted him the previous year. You can keep a player for up to 3 years. So in my league a player like darnold has great value in the later rounds. 

I've had leveon as my keeper for the last 3 years so I have to give him up. Right now I'm debating if I should keep saquon and give up my first round pick (11th overall) or Mahomes (who I took in the 12th round). I'm leaning towards Mahomes, but the Madden curse is real, and it scares me.

I like Darnold to have a good year this year but I dunno if that makes him a top 12 QB statistically. I don't see him getting drafted in most leagues.

Leveon doesn't have the Steeler's o-line nor will he get Steelers touches. I think he'll be overdrafted in most leagues. I think Ty Montgomery actually has late round sleeper potential as a depth back. It seems like he's going to be a bigger part of the Jets offense than most casual fans realize and will catch balls if you do PPR.

I still love Robby Anderson and depending on where you can get him I think he has breakout potential. Crowder has potential in PPR leagues. I wouldn't touch Enunwa with his injury history.

I actually think out of everyone on the Jets the best value is going to be Herndon. Because of the suspension he'll probably be undrafted in many leagues and I think he could be a late round stash guy that could turn into an elite fantasy TE on a per game basis once he's back.

14 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

I see guys like Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott getting drafted ahead of Sam and I just shake my head. 

Lamar Jackson makes sense because of how often he runs the ball.  He's gonna get himself killed one day but for fantasy purposes it establishes a high floor. 

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lamar Jackson makes sense because of how often he runs the ball.  He's gonna get himself killed one day but for fantasy purposes it establishes a high floor. 

And then Harbaugh says this, confirming he will likely outperform his draft slot:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037713/article/harbaugh-on-lamar-rushing-139-times-take-the-over

Harbaugh on Lamar rushing 139 times: 'Take the over'

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: July 29, 2019 at 09:33 a.m.
  • Updated: July 29, 2019 at 09:39 a.m

The Baltimore Ravens won't shy away from riding Lamar Jackson's legs.

Joining NFL Network's Inside Training Camp Live Sunday, coach John Harbaugh was asked by ex-Ravens coach Brian Billick what the pitch count on Jackson running this season might be, noting Cam Newton's career-high is 139 rushing attempts.

"I'd bet the over on that one. I'd bet the over for sure," Harbaugh said without hesitation. "It's going to be interesting. I don't think we know the exact numbers or the math."

Jackson besting Newton's career-high wouldn't be a surprise. The Ravens quarterback already beat that last season, rushing 147 times as a rookie. Jackson averaged 17 rushes per game in his seven regular-season starts. Extrapolate that out and it's 272 for a 16-game slate -- for comparison, only Ezekiel Elliott earned more than that last season among running backs.

Detractors will point out that if Jackson carries the ball that much, he likely won't make it through 16 games.

The more interesting part of Harbaugh's plans for Jackson is that the Ravens aren't just looking to run the QB more than any in history, the picture is bigger. Much bigger.

Harbaugh and his staff are seeking an evolutionary effect on football.

"If you look back and think of the history a little bit, the game was probably revolutionized with Bill Walsh and Joe Montana," Harbaugh said. "And that's been the model for the last 25, 30 years, and we've all been chasing that model, pretty much, trying to find that quarterback, find that rhythm, and all the things that go with that offense, and it really hasn't changed too much.

"None of us can envision what's to come in the future. I don't know how many of the quarterbacks from the 60s or 70s would have been able to succeed. Not too many, probably. (Dan) Marino, I'm sure, could have played in any era, but a lot of those other guys would not have been great in the west-coast-offense-era. What's the next era going to be? Well, we're about to find out. We're about to find out what the limits are on that. I think it's going to open up opportunities for quarterbacks all across, and in our league, and it's going to make it tough on defenses. So, that's the idea."

It's a big idea. No transformative plan started with a small idea.

Whether Harbaugh's Ravens become an evolutionary force or the latest big idea to fall into the sideline ditch depends greatly on whether Jackson stays healthy and develops into a dangerous passer. If he does, and Baltimore blasts through defenses consistently, teams will be in search of the next Lamar Jackson.