Jump to content

Peter Kings FMIA 4 thoughts on jets training camp


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He also told me he’s grateful for his year with Josh McCown, the retired longtime NFL backup who mentored Darnold the rookie in 2018, because it taught him not just how to learn the pro game, but how to study it. One of the good things for Gase is he’s finally got a guy, after three shaky-QB years in Miami, to grow with. Good for the franchise too.

What?  

No way, McCown was a waste of money and not having a decent QB is not essential to a,teams success.  

@Warminnow and others said so. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So his #1 observation from camp is something that anyone who watches the NFL already knew? What did he observe here? foh

da hurr - i went to jets camp and I gotta tell ya what I saw - derp derp - the Jets o-line is not the steelers o-line so - da hurr - will Bell be successful here? derpa derp derp

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has to be one of the laziest articles that you can take away from the first day of  camp. Why not talk about position battles for back up saftey, #3 and 4 spots for the WR/CB's, suspended Herndon, Willamson switching to weak side, players on contract years. Just so many other stories if you actually follow the team or do the work. 

I know it's only the first day of camp but **** lol, from 1 to 4 is complete sh*t. 

  1. Bell playing behind weaker line - No sh*t
  2. Gase "interesting" plan to limit Bell - Dude hasn't played in over a year, wtf you expect him to do. 
  3. The most biggest non story about our coaches you can write - They are legit old men, not sure they care about what happened over 10 years ago. 
  4. Darnold is good and likes Mccown - We get it
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Has to be one of the laziest articles that you can take away from the first day of  camp. Why not talk about position battles for back up saftey, #3 and 4 spots for the WR/CB's, suspended Herndon, Willamson switching to weak side, players on contract years. Just so many other stories if you actually follow the team or do the work. 

I know it's only the first day of camp but **** lol, from 1 to 4 is complete sh*t. 

  1. Bell playing behind weaker line - No sh*t
  2. Gase "interesting" plan to limit Bell - Dude hasn't played in over a year, wtf you expect him to do. 
  3. The most biggest non story about our coaches you can write - They are legit old men, not sure they care about what happened over 10 years ago. 
  4. Darnold is good and likes Mccown - We get it

my sense is that Bell makes his blockers look better because he waits and takes any hole he finds

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

my sense is that Bell makes his blockers look better because he waits and takes any hole he finds

I mean he is not wrong, if you compare our line to the Steelers, they are substantially better. I also agree that Bell can make an OL look better than they are if everyone is on the same page scheme wise.

I just think its a non story unless Bell is a bust for us and you are looking for reasons why. Until then I fully expect him to come in and ball. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1) The Jets are going to play football this year with an offense, a defense and special teams. Something to look out for early in the season.

2) The new coaching staff looks much different than the previous group. Gase is also a white guy.

3) I'm hearing from my sources that the Jets will be using official NFL footballs not only during practice but on game day as well. 

4) Jets first round pick Quinnen Williams is only 21 years old and played football at Alabama. The Jets have drafted players from Alabama in the past and Quinnen wants to be great.

I'll be back tomorrow with more observations from Jets camp. Where can I pick up my check for writing this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not defending King but I think we're all interested to see how Bell performs with a much weaker oline than he enjoyed at Pittsburgh. As good as Bell is, I worry that he gets very frustrated when no holes open up, especially when he hesitates. Won't it suck if he's dropped for a loss every time he hesitates.

I see nothing wrong with King pointing this out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joewilly said:

I am not defending King but I think we're all interested to see how Bell performs with a much weaker oline than he enjoyed at Pittsburgh. As good as Bell is, I worry that he gets very frustrated when no holes open up, especially when he hesitates. Won't it suck if he's dropped for a loss every time he hesitates.

I see nothing wrong with King pointing this out.

Pointing it out is fine. It has nothing to do with observing Jets training camp though. It's a point that was noted by many shortly after the signing. Nothing he observed in camp helped him write this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Has to be one of the laziest articles that you can take away from the first day of  camp. Why not talk about position battles for back up saftey, #3 and 4 spots for the WR/CB's, suspended Herndon, Willamson switching to weak side, players on contract years. Just so many other stories if you actually follow the team or do the work. 

I know it's only the first day of camp but **** lol, from 1 to 4 is complete sh*t. 

  1. Bell playing behind weaker line - No sh*t
  2. Gase "interesting" plan to limit Bell - Dude hasn't played in over a year, wtf you expect him to do. 
  3. The most biggest non story about our coaches you can write - They are legit old men, not sure they care about what happened over 10 years ago. 
  4. Darnold is good and likes Mccown - We get it

It’s National - no one cares about our 3rd and 4th stringers or a linebacker making a subtle position shift.  King gets a bad rap from Jet fans because he writes a lot about Brady and the Pats, but how can you cover the NFL over the last two decades and not write about them?  I never miss his weekly column and am smarter about the NFL because of it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Pointing it out is fine. It has nothing to do with observing Jets training camp though. It's a point that was noted by many shortly after the signing. Nothing he observed in camp helped him write this.

ahhh I see what you're sayin. And yeah the point about Vit & GW wasn't an actual observation either. f@#k you Peter King

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What?  

No way, McCown was a waste of money and not having a decent QB is not essential to a,teams success.  

@Warminnow and others said so. 

Hahahahaaaa yup and he called McCown a “loser” but I’m guessing Sam and the coaching staff know better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol we’ve been fighting about a logo and shirtless man pics for months with zero football and someone writes an article and folks dump on it. 

Wtf, we have camp updates, tweets, local articles, impromptu press conferences, coaches talking to fans but god forbid Peter King, love him or hate him, writing to a national audience and let’s just sh*t all over it. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Lol we’ve been fighting about a logo and shirtless man pics for months with zero football and someone writes an article and folks dump on it. 

Wtf, we have camp updates, tweets, local articles, impromptu press conferences, coaches talking to fans but god forbid Peter King, love him or hate him, writing to a national audience and let’s just sh*t all over it. 

 

Peter King hates the NY Jets. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Peter King hates the NY Jets. 

Who gives a sh*t?

Was the article too long? Was is written in Cyrillic?

Did you not realize it was Peter King?

Was it not effusive enough? 

It’s a freaking article. Skip it next time. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

His audience is national.  I think Peter gets away with sharing already known information because a good 75% of his audience may not be aware of even middling details like the Jets OLine situation or what happens with the coaches of the NY Jets below the headline guys like Gase and Williams.

If his audience was specifically Jets fans he'd need to be much more thorough and go much deeper for many of us to go, "Oh? I just learned something new."

Maybe we shouldn’t allow articles but known or suspected Jet haters. 

Better we discern the top inside joke on JN than read a concise 4 paragraph article. 

About the Jets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Who gives a sh*t?

Was the article too long? Was is written in Cyrillic?

Did you not realize it was Peter King?

Was it not effusive enough? 

It’s a freaking article. Skip it next time. 

No but we shouldn't worship a guy who has history of being a hater for one article and who the hell cares what he says.

Did he even write the article? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Has to be one of the laziest articles that you can take away from the first day of  camp. Why not talk about position battles for back up saftey, #3 and 4 spots for the WR/CB's, suspended Herndon, Willamson switching to weak side, players on contract years. Just so many other stories if you actually follow the team or do the work. 

I know it's only the first day of camp but **** lol, from 1 to 4 is complete sh*t. 

  1. Bell playing behind weaker line - No sh*t
  2. Gase "interesting" plan to limit Bell - Dude hasn't played in over a year, wtf you expect him to do. 
  3. The most biggest non story about our coaches you can write - They are legit old men, not sure they care about what happened over 10 years ago. 
  4. Darnold is good and likes Mccown - We get it

Whoa, Ease up man. Let's not forget he WASN'T writing the article only for Jets fans. Fans of other teams don't know the Jets as well as we do. I'm sure it was of interest to them. And there are 31 other teams out there with non Jet fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jetstream said:

Yeah, how many times will we hear the Vitt story line... until they're punching each other on the sideline can we put this story to bed?

This, and hearing about Gase's eyes, at which point I lose respect for the writer/speaker. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No but we shouldn't worship a guy who has history of being a hater for one article and who the hell cares what he says.

Did he even write the article? 

Again with the hyperbole. 

Who, exactly, is “worshiping” him?

And if he didn’t write the article, shouldn’t you be happy? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Whoa, Ease up man. Let's not forget he WASN'T writing the article only for Jets fans. Fans of other teams don't know the Jets as well as we do. I'm sure it was of interest to them. And there are 31 other teams out there with non Jet fans.

You mean to say people in Arizona and Michigan don’t want to hear about Brent Qvale’s injury and its  impact on our O-Line depth?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahahaaaa yup and he called McCown a “loser” but I’m guessing Sam and the coaching staff know better. 

One thing about warminow, he is as clueless as any individual who has ever discussed QBs.  Toss up between him and girl from unc.

He wanted the Jets to sign Campbell as QB.

Then it was Patrick Ramsey

Then he got on people who wanted to give Geno a shot at the beginning, just find out if he can play.

Then, and this is my all time favorite lunacy.

He actually posted that Darnold will be a bust, that he doesn't have what it takes to be a NFL QB.

Specifically the arm.  He actual, sit for this, claimed that watching Darnold at USC told him that he was a totally weak armed QB.  How weak, like Chad.  AFTER the shoulder injury.

Oh and that Darnold will fumble the ball away repeatedly.  He's a turnover machine.

Keep all this in mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...